Neowin.net Xbox Community Leaderboards

Rob...are you back already? has it been that long?! as for Deus Ex, a definite buy, not a rental.

Well i just rented Deus Ex for a quid at blockbuster for five nights, they have a deal on wednesdays to rent a game for five nights for just ?1. Too good to turn down, much better than throwing ?40 at it.

Rookas has returned! good to have you back dude! i noticed you STILL haven't caught up to me muhahahahahaha. what is your goal for the year BTW? you must declare!

and i'm also happy Rob has returned to us from Africa well and gaming...

will try to join this TA leaderboard again this weekend...although it's proven a problem for me in the two or three times i've tried before.

I have to take a break from gaming since I have a lot to do, especially since I learning to use Visual Basic, with getting help here on neowin, looking up youtube videos and taking a course for it right now in high school, then of course the other things for school... Christmas i hope I would be able to game.

In my gaming news, I pre-ordered BF3 for PC (would have gotten the Xbox but PC had 64 player support and DX11, and free multiplayer)

Has anyone here pre-ordered BF3. I am looking foward to Beta which supposedly comes out September 27...

don't stop gaming altogether...you're still not even at 6K tsk tsk! as for BF3, yes pre-ordered it for 360. not intersted in being forced into Origin, have too much love for Steam...

yeah i'm sorry but TA is a broken. i keep trying to sign in and add myself to the leaderboard, but it tells me the password is wrong. there's no forgot password button that i can find. it also won't let me re-register, because my gamertag is already on record...i mean seriously. i miss MGC!

yeah i'm sorry but TA is a broken. i keep trying to sign in and add myself to the leaderboard, but it tells me the password is wrong. there's no forgot password button that i can find. it also won't let me re-register, because my gamertag is already on record...i mean seriously. i miss MGC!

There's a question mark next to "Password (?)". Click it.

thanks slane, you must have done something to give me good luck with this, cause it worked now! i've finally joined the TA leaderboard! and i'm ahead of Rook tsk tsk...ok, so from now on i'm commanding everyone to join this leaderboard. it's time to let MGC go. this is our new home. get to it.

Well, well, what do we have here ....

A leaderboard with some people I knew once from MGC.

Some have been slacking, haven't they ? They used to be in front of me ...

:jump: :woot: :beer: whoa Vyk is back!!!! :punk: that's so good, thank you so much man, it's so good to have you back! this is like 2006 all over again! :fun:

yeah bro, as you can see some of these guys have been rather lazy lately, i can't believe i have more GS than Pab and Mighty :mobile: that's big news. if you told me that in 2007 i'd never believe you in a million years!

as for the TA leaderboard, i'm warming up to it, it's nice and i hope we can have more people on there. We need to thank Slane and Pab for really setting it up. I'm starting to like the fact that it's so detailed, though the thought of Slane unlocking Consummate Performer on Dance Central is disconcerting :blink:

Anyway, it's so good to have you back, you were sorely missed!!!

and Rob, congrats on clocking Deus Ex, that was pretty fast!

hey Toast, i'd say it's a solid 7/10, but i only played a couple of hours so far. will finish it, it's a decent game with a good story and some very intersting game mechanics, quite an innovative take on racing/car games. but i can imagine this getting quite repetitive. i wouldn't say it's easy for points, so far, no, but then i prob won't get too much into the MP so who knows. if you're craving a racing action game, this is good if you have the money, otherwise i wouldn't call it a must-have.

hey Toast, i'd say it's a solid 7/10, but i only played a couple of hours so far. will finish it, it's a decent game with a good story and some very intersting game mechanics, quite an innovative take on racing/car games. but i can imagine this getting quite repetitive. i wouldn't say it's easy for points, so far, no, but then i prob won't get too much into the MP so who knows. if you're craving a racing action game, this is good if you have the money, otherwise i wouldn't call it a must-have.

Thanks, then it's worth my time; The library got it, and I placed the hold, will pick it up as soon as it is ready...

heh heh making with the library again...

sure thing, you'll like it, i have to say in its favor that the writing is really witty and good, they did a good job with that at least. while the mechanics may not be perfect (cars are really swervy and crashy if you know what i mean), and the gameplay does get repetitive, the characters and dialogue are truly interesting and well done. And why were you even debating whether to get this if it's FREE?

heh heh making with the library again...

sure thing, you'll like it, i have to say in its favor that the writing is really witty and good, they did a good job with that at least. while the mechanics may not be perfect (cars are really swervy and crashy if you know what i mean), and the gameplay does get repetitive, the characters and dialogue are truly interesting and well done. And why were you even debating whether to get this if it's FREE?

Was just wondering if it is even worth to play it or is was it as bad as test drive unlimited 2.

How is things on the gamerscore front for this game?

I added myself to the leaderboard as well. I hope nobody minds. :)

I'm listed as Number 13, but I imagine that'll steadily decrease, as I haven't been scoring as many achievements recently. Maybe I'll find some motivation to go for achievements again though.

welcome to the leaderboard Ferson, all are welcome! you have respectable gamerscore there. what is your goal for the end of the year?

toast - Driver SF isn't great for achivements. after like five hours with it i think i have less than 200 points or something, not sure. i think it's more like 150 points...it's not the best game out there for achieves, but that shouldn't stop you, it's quite fun.

I don't really have much of a goal. I haven't earned a lot of Gamerscore in the past few months. However, I've been realising the joys of buying stuff from the internet, and as a result I can get a lot of games for much less. Maybe I'll be able to buy a few games and get through them. I might score a few achievements from doing so as well. I bought a copy of Call of Duty 2 from eBay, so when that arrives, I'm going to attempt to finish it on Veteran. Note that I said 'attempt', though, because I don't really know if I'll be able to finish it. I have something like three missions to go, and as luck would have it, they're the American missions.

I was also considering buying a copy of Wolfenstein, but I already have 100 Gamerscore from it, and that game is really stingy with achievements. I'm tempted to buy it, even just to finish it on Uber difficulty. I had got to the final boss fight, but didn't take enough ammo, so I was never able to finish it when I rented the game. It's tempting because I could get all the collectibles along the way, so maybe in the future.

As for Driver: San Francisco, I found it difficult to earn achievements as well. I think I have somewhere around 500/1000G in the game. It gives you a few more achievements as you progress through the story, but a lot of them rely on you grinding: spending 5,000,000 Willpower basically comes down to "Buy all the upgrades and most of the cars", while driving 1000 miles is a bit of a drag since you can just shift across the city to get around. Maybe that dilutes the actual driving, but it makes getting through the city much faster.

If you're planning to buy all the cars and upgrades, I recommend you buy the Income Booster first. The final upgrade for it costs a cool half million, but it permanently increases your income by 10. If you get it first you can earn a lot of money very quickly. With all the garages you get somewhere around 438,000 Willpower when you get income.

610 points in GoW3, 450 in Resident Evil Code Veronica X ... onward to Seriously 3.0 because MW3 is still far away.

I missed some features from MGC: one could check the leaderboard for a specific game. I really would like to see how good I am in GoW 3

I finished Call of Duty 2 on Veteran just now. What a truly fantastic game. The achievements also gave me a bit of a boost as well. I'm just over 48,800 now, so reaching 50,000 may not be too hard. I'm trying to decide what game to play next; maybe I'll try and get one of the two remaining Forza 3 achievements I need, or I'll finish 007: Blood Stone on 007 difficulty, and try to squeeze a bit more from it at the same time.

I did win an eBay auction for a copy of Terminator: Salvation though, so if I actually focused hard enough on my goal, I could maybe have 50,000 Gamerscore by the end of next week. I'm not sure if I'll bother going that hard for achievements, though.

Hey Vyk, you can check specific games with TA, it's actually a lot more detailed than MGC, not as nice, but more detailed. Your profile has every achievement listed in that calendar, for stat lovers it's quite a treat.

Ferson - you can easily get to 30K by the end of the year at this rate. Thanks for all the tips on Driver, and now you've made me crave COD2! i only ever played it on the PC, so may need to look it up on the 360 before the next gen comes along!

Hey Vyk, you can check specific games with TA, it's actually a lot more detailed than MGC, not as nice, but more detailed. Your profile has every achievement listed in that calendar, for stat lovers it's quite a treat.

I think what he wants is that with MGC, was that the leaderboard listed all games that everyone played and you can select a game and view what position you are on that board against all the other members of the leaderboard. So he can compare how his GS is against fellow Neowin's that are apart of the board. It was a nifty feature and fun to check out. Hell, I checked out a few games due to that feature. :)

How is the BF3 Beta on xbox? PC is really buggy...

welcome to the leaderboard Ferson, all are welcome! you have respectable gamerscore there. what is your goal for the end of the year?

toast - Driver SF isn't great for achivements. after like five hours with it i think i have less than 200 points or something, not sure. i think it's more like 150 points...it's not the best game out there for achieves, but that shouldn't stop you, it's quite fun.

Figured... :( really fun game but weird in a good way.

I think what he wants is that with MGC, was that the leaderboard listed all games that everyone played and you can select a game and view what position you are on that board against all the other members of the leaderboard. So he can compare how his GS is against fellow Neowin's that are apart of the board. It was a nifty feature and fun to check out. Hell, I checked out a few games due to that feature. :)

That's right, This is the feature I miss. The TA leaderboards is nice but there are plenty of stats a leaderboard could provide.

Still, back to Gears 3