Xbox360 Freeze Up/Display Warp

This issue has been fixed. Don't read this post unless you want to for reference etc.

I've had my Xbox360 for under a year now, and it has been PERFECT since day one. Not a single toe out of line except for a couple freezes that were probably caused by game glitches etc. anyway. However, this evening I pressed the button on my console to start up another gaming session.

Everything went fine...

Then the tragedy. The display froze up and showed a sort of checker fuzz overlay. So, thinking it was some kind of weird once off, i turned off the console off then on again. This time the LED ring flashed red as if the A/V cable was disconnected except with the top right quarter dimmed/un-lit.

EDIT: I have just found out that when lights 1,3 and 4 are lit it's a "General Hardware Failure" - this sucks.

Getting more and more worried by the second, I checked the cables, un-plugged them all and plugged them in again, started up the console again, then the fuzzy checker thing happened again. The fuzzy checker thing happens after a certain amount of time, a minute or so into whatever I'm doing. It makes no difference where I am or what I'm doing, it still does it. It's happened on the dashboard, on the network test screen, on the main menu/house in Test Drive: Unlimited, everywhere.

And uh, heh heh, no, I can't send it back under warranty, I've broken the warranty seal on the front. I know, I'm a stupid n00b n' stuff.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any help whatsoever is much appreciated, thanks in advance.

EDIT: Well it seems removing the HDD then putting it back in fixed this issue. Weird. Well, this thread can be removed now if theres any Nazis lurking...

Edited by DigitallyInsane^