OMG, I got a warning! Now what?

I got one today so 6 months for me to wait, foolish bit of posting on my part so fully accepted it as they say "life goes on" :)

wow..finally took you this long to get one

I'm surprised that I only have the one actually. I have made some very dubious posts in the past.

Haha, i find it great that everyone is kinda proud of there warning, like Rappy, was upset when people thought he was a warning virgin. It's like kids happy about having ASBO's :p

You've not lived till you had a warning, its Neowin street cred :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...
As my point of a kid having an ABSO :p .. I could just say, i have a warning now, you can't find out if that untrue (i think)

This is like any other place, we have staff on the paybooks :shiftyeyes:

and on that note can i please find out when my next one is.

• 2 months later...

i am very junior on this site right now and do not have any warning but you never know when you make a mistake and get warning. it is good to read and know the warning policy of forum.

thankx

I think you receive a private message notifying you about the warning. Also, to the left of your post, there is a small red line indicating your warning level. Keep that bar to 0% by following these rules.

I think you receive a private message notifying you about the warning. Also, to the left of your post, there is a small red line indicating your warning level. Keep that bar to 0% by following these rules.

Yeah you do get a PM.

• 2 months later...

If a super reads this could they PM with when my 20% disappears its been near 6 months I am sure of it.

Hmm, odd - it's listed in my sent items, just didn't make it :s

PM Resent

Lost in Cyberspace :p

Thanks got the second one ;)

• 6 months later...

This may have been asked before but in the interest (my own interest :cool: ) of not having to go back through 35 pages of posts looking for it. How do warning levels work?

For example do all offenses yield the same warning level? If so what is that?

• 2 months later...
This may have been asked before but in the interest (my own interest :cool: ) of not having to go back through 35 pages of posts looking for it. How do warning levels work?

For example do all offenses yield the same warning level? If so what is that?

I think most are 20%. If your offence is bad enough I'm guessing you either get restricted or straightup banned. I doubt there have been very many situations where any mod has had to issue a straight up ban though.

I doubt there have been very many situations where any mod has had to issue a straight up ban though.

I'm pretty sure the bots that sign up to post spam are getting banned right away