OMG, I got a warning! Now what?

how about doing it this way..

take for example, when i'm driving and someone ****es me of, as they usually do, i yell and curse at them. even though my windows are rolled up and they can't hear me, it still makes me feel better because once i'm done yelling and cursing it makes me laugh and usually it's a piece of **** car that does it to me and problem is easily solved.

so, the next time you want to say "you ****ing moron, go to hell, you fat ******" just say it to yourself. it saves you time from typing it and a warning. :p

i do it all the time. :D

More fun when the other person knows you're doing it -- and can hear what you're saying :cool:. There is just fundamentally satisfying about starting a flame-war :yes:. Too bad it's frowned upon!

yea, what venezian is sayin is probably the safest thing to do but, Normally if a guy ****es me off when driving, i revert to hand signals. :p

We need to put hand signals in place here. :)

Sometimes people just need to know when to shut up... whether they're the bully, the bullied or a bystander who wants to help.

Sometimes people just need to know when to shut up... whether they're the bully, the bullied or a bystander who wants to help.

Yeah, the whole "mature and decent person" concept is the easiest way to avoid a warning. Unfortunately, people seem to lack the self control needed to be a decent person or are too insistent on acting hard on the internet. I really don't care if people agree with warnings or not. I know the rules and I've followed them from day one. If you're going to act like a kiddy, you'll get treated like one. The only ones that ever complain are the people who simply can not grasp the fact that Neowin is not like every other forum and you can't go around acting like an ###### and expect to get away with it. When I warn someone, it's not because I love them or whatever. It's because I care about Neowin's image and, sometimes, legal status. No one is here to play mommy and daddy. We're here more to clean up the mess when people forget how to act.

In the end, it's not going to change. Someone will break a rule, I'll warn them and they'll flip out because they can't accept responsibility. Eventually, the crying and the hate PM's, blog entries, forum threads, spam on my site, etc. mean nothing. Be a mature adult, say "I won't do it again" and go on with your life. It's the chill pill theory and it works wonders.

More fun when the other person knows you're doing it -- and can hear what you're saying :cool:. There is just fundamentally satisfying about starting a flame-war :yes:. Too bad it's frowned upon!

True, true indeed. :whistle:

But even while it does feel great at the moment, usually a few minutes later you realize how retarded you would sound if you would've said the insult.

But I can't argue with the fact that some things are just so freakin' stupid that they need at the very least a side order of sarcasm...

True, true indeed. :whistle:

But even while it does feel great at the moment, usually a few minutes later you realize how retarded you would sound if you would've said the insult.

But I can't argue with the fact that some things are just so freakin' stupid that they need at the very least a side order of sarcasm...

I grudgingly acknowledge you have a point :whistle: .

What is this - warning reduction request central? :p

The warnings will go down automatically when they sort out the warning reduction system. Obviously at the moment there are way more important things to do (sorting out PR9 etc... :p), so they do it when they do it.

Neowin is a free community, and remember that they dont have to do this for you, and on alot of forums warnings are permanent. Do you think Neobond/Redmak etc and all of the staff do it for money? no - just like you, they enjoy being a part of the community.

Pm a moderator, i would suggest the mod that gave it to you

They did say at one point that they wont reduce warnings manually - i dont know if that still applies though.

Just like alot of people, ive gotten my warnings, and just like most people, i bloody well deserved them :p Yeah, i argued at the time, but hey, now i just think "I got them, get over it". Warnings dont affect your use of Neowin in any way, all they do is give you a helpful reminder when you're posting, to double check what you're saying.

Give the staff a break - they're here to help you :). Plus, if you stick to the forum rules, you should never receive a warning :p

They did say at one point that they wont reduce warnings manually - i dont know if that still applies though

No, from what i gather, if you have an issue with anything to do with your profile , warn etc, pm a moderator rather than posting it.

• 2 weeks later...