EBgames & Gamestop PS3 preorders: Sold Out!

Got the email I was waiting for.

"Attn Store Personnell:

On Tuesday, OCT. 10th 2006, you will begin taking reservations on the Sony PS3 under sku xxxxxx (Premium) and sku xxxxxx (Core). YOU MAY NOT BEGIN TAKING RESERVATIONS FOR THE PS3 PRIOR TO OCT 10th, 2006! Reservations are to be processed on a "first come-first served" basis for your customers. Under NO circumstances are reservation "places in line" to be held for customers. Our online reservation program will be activated at a future date: online reservations will be available as "bundle only".

No forced bundles or any other customer "requirements" are allowed (our online reservation policy may vary). Reservations will be limited to one system per household (customer is allowed to reserve one PS3 and one Wii, if desired).

As these systems are in short supply and high demand, all stores are being allocated on their reserve quantity. Stores are not allowed to reserve above their assigned reservation allocation for any reason.

Your assigned allocation for the PS3 is x units TOTAL between the 2 system choices. You are only allowed to reserve x units TOTAL of PS3. No more than 2 of these systems can be set aside to be purchased by store employees.

There you have it. I guess there is no $100 down, as it wasn't specified in the email, but I have yet to go on my call (5 minutes from now).

Enjoy. 100% OFFICIAL. Let the madness begin!

P.S. Sorry, I can't give out my quantities, as I'm sure it's different between stores. But I'd take a wild guess and say it's less than 20 per store.

Source: http://boards.ign.com/ps3_general_board/b8...128811679/p1/?0

Also people have confirmed this by calling their local EB & GS stores.

This from the GS website:

Limited PlayStation 3 Pre-Order

GameStop and EB Games will begin accepting limited pre-orders for the PlayStation 3 console on Tuesday, October 10, on a first come, first served basis. Due to extremely limited supply, we expect to deplete this allocation very quickly, most likely in minutes. We will not accept additional pre-orders at this time. To avoid an unnecessary trip we strongly recommend you call your local store to determine availability. A $100 reservation deposit is required, which can be funded with cash, credit or trade. As we cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, a reservation deposit does not guarantee receipt of a system available to purchase at launch. Reservations/Purchases are limited to 1 per household.

Our limited online pre-order program will be announced at a later date, after software and accessory availability dates are confirmed. Online product pricing and availability will vary and will be fulfilled independent of store reservations.

Source: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ps3/sweepstakes.asp :D

Weird, the EB Games in my area all are still saying that there's no need to reserve the Wii because there will be enough, so they aren't even bothering. Maybe only the US stores are doing this.

Weird, the EB Games in my area all are still saying that there's no need to reserve the Wii because there will be enough, so they aren't even bothering. Maybe only the US stores are doing this.

Same - I was 'shooting the breeze' at my local EB (Australia :p) about how dramatic US gamers are getting when here they've been taking preorders since the consoles (wii and ps3) were announced. Heck, they've been taking zelda pre-orders for years :p

Hilariously the big department stores are promoting their "bundled free game with every Wii".... Wii Sport :p

I read somewhere that during the launch period PS3 wont be allowed on eBay

REALLY?

I didn't know they can do that :|

I wonder what the reasoning behind it is.

Its not contraband, and it won't sell unless someone is willing to pay for it.

No, that's taken out of context. There's a high reserve price point for the PS3 to try and stop ebayers selling their PS3s on ebay. Apparently this "1 PS3 per household" dealie is another way of dealing with this.

But, 1 Wii per person? LOL. It's like 1 million units on LAUNCH, they're acting like it's 1 million units until the end of the Fiscal Year, lol.

LOL, I had my Zelda preorder for 4 years now.

Hopefully I can get a PS3 preorder now, but it would not be an issue if I don't. I hoping to get one near april.

Yes so far this has been for USA only. I read reports from people in Canada that the GS & EB store there are not doing preorders yet for the PS3.

I read somewhere that during the launch period PS3 wont be allowed on eBay

I doubt that, Sony can't really control what eBay users put up for auction. If someone wants to sell one, I really don't see any reason why they would not be allowed to...

Well guys, I feel like a traitor in a way, but I JUST got back from pre-ordering my 60gb PS3 and damn. I'm excited again. I really cannot wait for it to be November now. I ended up hauling ass to my local EB Games and I ended up being the 3rd person there right at about 9:58.

Put down $100 for it, now I just need to find some extra cash (360 upcoming game cash) to pay it off.

Who else pre-ordered? :laugh:

"Jump In!"

Just so everyone's clear -- at least here in the US, the way the EBGames/Gamestop pre-order for the PS3 works is this.

You put $100 down for a 'place in line' the morning of the release of the PS3. Just because you put money down doesn't mean your GOING to get one -- say for example, your the 11th person in line on that morning and they only have 10 systems, you're screwed. You can either take your pre-order money back or put it towards the next shipment. At least -- that's the way that our conference call went the other day, but who knows with this company :p That's just gonna be the way we'll do it at my store, oh well. By the way, we're getting 15 per store, and it's going to be strictly 1 per household for customer sales and only 2 out of those 15 are up for employee grabs if they so choose.

I havn't heard much of anything on the Wii pre-orders yet, it's possible we started taking them today too but it's my day off lol

Just so everyone's clear -- at least here in the US, the way the EBGames/Gamestop pre-order for the PS3 works is this.

You put $100 down for a 'place in line' the morning of the release of the PS3. Just because you put money down doesn't mean your GOING to get one -- say for example, your the 11th person in line on that morning and they only have 10 systems, you're screwed. You can either take your pre-order money back or put it towards the next shipment. At least -- that's the way that our conference call went the other day, but who knows with this company :p That's just gonna be the way we'll do it at my store, oh well. By the way, we're getting 15 per store, and it's going to be strictly 1 per household for customer sales and only 2 out of those 15 are up for employee grabs if they so choose.

I havn't heard much of anything on the Wii pre-orders yet, it's possible we started taking them today too but it's my day off lol

Supposedly Wii is Friday according to an 'email'

Interesting, the guy said something like this, but I was reading that ebgames wouldn't take more pre-orders than they would get, so how exactly does that work? As long as it comes out on a tuesday/thursday, I can easily make it there in the morning to get in line.

Guy at ebgames also said that if you try to go to Gamestop to pre-order another console and they find out, they will cancel your pre-order.

That's not what I heard. According to their e-mail it's 8 or 16 per store, depending on how big/how many PS3 game pre-orders the store got. Each store is allowed 2 total for employees. Putting down $100 for one of those 8 or 16 means you get one of those 8 or 16, you just go pick it up the morning of release. But maybe it's different per store, who knows.

I just got back from preordering my PS3 60GB!! :D
Hope you've enjoyed wasting an insane ammount of money on a console!! :D

:p But seriously I may pre-oder one just to ebay it.

I'm still undecided on whether 20gb is enough or not.

I don't need the media card reader and wifi.

Can we add external harddrive to the PS3?

Or change out the internal drive to a bigger one?

2 questions.

What date does it come out?

What are some good playstation websites?

Congrats on your preorder! you wont be disappointed :D Sadly I could not preorder as I have no GS or EB stores in my area at all not one within 100 miles. I am waiting to see what my local Wal-Mart does.

The PS3 comes out November 17th 2006 for the US! :D :)

Some good PS sites are:

http://www.ps3forums.com/

http://ps3.ign.com

http://www.ps3updates.com/

http://forums.qj.net/f-qjnet-sony-playstat...forums-87.html/