Windows Update Looping

So I thought I would check out windows update this evening, so I hop on other to the site I get this

"The Windows Update site has been updated. To update your version of the software and begin using Windows Update, click Update Now."

So I hit update now, it does it's thing, and bring me back to the same screen. No matter how many times I do it, it keeps looping. This happen to anyone else?

Well now it's just sitting here at the 30'th time hitting update now.

I'm waiting for something to load. :angry:

I do that on a reg. basis.

Along with everything else on my computers. :happy:

Still sittin here... CPU USAGE = 100%. woohoo.

I decided as well to mosy on over to Windows Update and I got a certificate thing about installing "Industry Update Cabinet File" so I go ahead and click Yes and then I get one about installing Windows Update so I again click Yes. And THEN I get that thing saying there's new software and I need to Update Now. I was in an endless loop. I cleared out my cache and rebooted. Just now I got that "Industry Update Cabinet File" thing twice in a row, clicking Yes both times, and it's working just fine now. Try that. :huh:

*seems to be the black sheep here* :laugh:

ah well. I'm sure i'll figure it out sooner or later.

Thanks guys. :pc:

Fixed my problem. Tweak-XP Pro

Under Internet Tweaks, Internet Explorer Tweaks

After I unchecked "Disable check for internet explorer updates"

I did test it also, with it checked(atleast for me) Windows update keept looping. Soon as I turned it off, it worked fine.

Least for me. Your solution may vary per computer. :cool:

Fixed my problem. Tweak-XP Pro

Under Internet Tweaks, Internet Explorer Tweaks

After I unchecked "Disable check for internet explorer updates"

You could've disabled that same setting in the Tools / Internet Options / Advanced Tab. No need to use Tweak-XP Pro. :rolleyes:

works fine for me

Same here, using legit XP Pro. I guess M$ decided to step up on their attitude towards pirates. I'm sure someone will find a workaround though.

works fine for me

Same here, using legit XP Pro. I guess M$ decided to step up on their attitude towards pirates. I'm sure someone will find a workaround though.

:angry: Hey I'm running legit XP Pro too! :cry:

I should not have been subjected to this type of Windows Update error if it's meant for illegal versions of XP....if it wasn't meant for the illegal ones out there, then what the heck is the "Industry Update Cabinet File" update? Bleh. :(