Vista Release date revealed?!

A Microsoft executive has leaked a general release date for Vista, Exchange 2007 and Office 2007

Microsoft has revealed a general release date for its upcoming operating system Vista — 5 December, 2006.

Speaking to IT professionals, parliamentarians and senior law-enforcement officers at the Parliament and Internet conference in London on Thursday, Microsoft revealed its release plans.

"We will officially launch Vista, Microsoft Office 2007 and Exchange 2007 on 5 December," said David Hipwell, a Windows client sales professional at Microsoft.

More at [source]

Sounds too soon and too good to be true...

That would be in UK shouldn't it? So the release date in US should be earlier, but I think they might push it back since Microsoft can't confirm the date and they have authority to push the date back.

even if the buisness one ships, isnt all versions of vista supposed to be on the one dvd so u can buy the required licence for the version u want to run? so what stops ppl buying the buisness one and waiting to upgrade the licence>

RTM is 24th october or thereabouts so this date is quite possible. Manufactuerers and business is expecting it early Novemember so consumer release december in time for xmas could be on the cards, this way ppl upgrading and buying new systems over the holiday period will have the Vista OS all ready and waiting to pick up all at once.

Although the only ambitious thing about the date is their plan to release all 3 titles on the way day. Thats somewhat unlike Microsoft, but they seem to be ontrack and on top of things in recent months so id say good news come December :)

Are they rushing just to get it out before christmas??? Probably...

Nothing is being rushed. We'll hit RTM when we hit it. But so far the pace has been good.

REDMOND, Wash. ? Oct. 13, 2006 ? Microsoft Corp. today confirmed that it is on track to deliver Windows Vista? for worldwide availability to its volume license business customers in November and worldwide general availability in January. The company also confirmed that it would be releasing Windows Vista in Europe and Korea on schedule, following what the company called ?constructive dialogue? with the European Commission and the Korea Fair Trade Commission.

From Microsoft Presspass

Note- Vista Enterprise is the version for the volume license business customers and will not be available to the public.

Nothing is being rushed.

Thanks, 5 years has made us perfectly aware of that fact. :rolleyes:

As for the news, I'm not sure who I trust more: The Inq or Microsoft's Press Dept.

I fear people will rush out buy it not reading or being aware of the system requirements.

I ran it for a while with 384MB of RAM and an onboard video card. The Aero glass stuff didn't work, obviously, but it wasn't horrible.