42 members have voted

1. 1. Still good?

• Can't get enough!!!!!
    • Not too bad
    • Hasn't been good since Windows 3.1
    • Always sucked
    • Never heard of it
    • Other (please explain)

Anyone else still regularly play games from the Best of Windows Entertainment Pack? You know exactly what I'm talking about -- Jezzball, Chips Challenge, Rodents' Revenge, Tai Pai..... Oh yeah! :D

Ah I voted never heard of it, then I saw chips challenge and rodents revenge. Was on my very old Win95 machine and I was so addicted to them. Probably don't have the disk to put in on my new pc though.

• 1 year later...
Ah I voted never heard of it, then I saw chips challenge and rodents revenge. Was on my very old Win95 machine and I was so addicted to them. Probably don't have the disk to put in on my new pc though.

I still have and play 28 different play BOWEP (Best of Windows Entertainment Pack) and WEP games after 13 years. I have the games pre-installed but zipped up all nice and portable like and well as two original install disks that install over half of them.

Remember QBasic with nibbles and gorillas --- hurling exploding bananas at the opposing gorilla and eating numbers with Sammy and Jake the snakes? (By the the way winamp 5.5 Bento skin has the DOS nibbles hidden in it). I also modified those qbasic games to make them playable on todays faster computers.

I also have a flash drive that can boot a modern computer into win 3.11 with Win32s (first release of freecell) on top of MS-DOS 6.22! The 28 BOWEP games also run on that flash drive as well as turbo pascal and turbo C++. Yes, I am a dork, but it gets a laugh from unsuspecting friends when I surprise them by nonchalantly booting into win 3.1 and pretending it's my primary OS for a few seconds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't know what you were on about until I read the list of games. BOWEP was (is?) brilliant!

Also, this thread is the top result in Google for BOWEP.