• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

'Ferrari 355'

Sam    22

If the log book says its a Ferrari 355, then why would it be cheaper to insure...?

Sn00pY    11

lol it's one of those crappy MR2 Replica's they suck imho.

Pilsbury    0

How does it sound like a 355?

Last time I saw one, a 355 had a flat plane V8, which makes a noise very different to a 4 cylinder turbo...

Chicane-UK    674

Having driven a Ferrari 355, and seen a fair few 'replicas' on the road, I have to agree with Pilsbury. These replica's are just sad and embarassing.. spending all that money to make something that doesn't look anything like the original (there are normally some laughably bad bits which just stand out by miles) and sound nothing like the real thing.

Ferrari engines have a very very specific (and easy to identify) sound to them - a 4 cylinder turbo just is never going to get close to a howling italian thoroughbred engine.

berz    0

I went to a local "import night" at the request of some friends.

There was a mediocre Countach clone with the scissor doors which got a fair amount of attention. The same people gawking at this car barely bothered with my toy. The most common comment/question I got was "Why don't you have the Lambo doors?" . After a while, I actually began to answer "They are Lambo doors. They're made by Lamborghini!"

Then again, I suppose it's just a different mentality. To look at a car only in terms of aesthetics instead of feeling how it drives or appreciating what's under the hood.

loople    0

"Why don't you have the Lambo doors?" . After a while, I actually began to answer "They are Lambo doors. They're made by Lamborghini!"

:laugh:

Andy07    0

looks like a scam.