Autopatcher en francais

Bonjour,

> Hi,

Je voudrais savoir s'il y a du monde qui traduit Autopatcher en francais.

> I want to know if someone works on Autopatcher in french.

J'ai commenc? ? le faire.

> I'd worked on it.

J'ai t?l?charg? les patchs critiques et non-critiques. Il y a huit patches que je trouve seulement en anglais.

> I'd downloaded the critical and non-critical patches. There's eight patches that I didn't find in french.

Je ne sais pas si je dois les inclure dans le package :

> I don't know if i have to include them in the package.

KB888656

KB894395

KB895181

KB896344

KB896097

KB918766

KB919071.

J'ai pos? la question mais je n'ai pas re?u de r?ponse.

> I'd asked the question but nobody has answered me

Ci-dessous, le lien pour la traduction en francais du fichier de langue 1036.lng .

> Below, the link for the traduction in french of the language file 1036.lng

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WCQNQDG4

Comment est-ce que vous traduisez misrepresented en francais ? Je l'ai traduit en mal repr?sent? (traduction litt?ral).

> How can you translate misrepresented in french ? I'd translate it in "mal repr?sent?" (litteral translation).

Si vous pouvez m'envoyer vos retours sur la traduction et aussi la r?ponse pour les patchs que je ne trouve pas en francais.

> If you can send me your feedback on the translation and also the response for the patchs which I didn't find in french.

Merci,

> Thanks

Anybody can answered me. :(

For the other translators, (dutch, portuguese, ...) if you didn't find the patch for your language, have you included the patch in english ?

I have downloaded all the necessary files (french version). I have some traductions to make.

And I have to know if I had to include the english patches to finalize the package ?

For the moment,

traduction : 50% (I have already changed the ANY_LCID to 1036 and ENU to FRA)

Download : 95% (5% for the english patches and files)

Thanks,

Sorry, I didn't know that the forum is only english spoken or written.

Anyway, I've almost finished the traduction.

After that, what is the next step to be official ?

I have to test, zip all the file and send it to a member ?

@Jean-Mich, your answer, sorry it took a while:

KB888656 - use the english setup file

KB894395 - ignore

KB895181 - ignore

KB896344 - ignore

KB896097 - use the english setup file

KB918766 - ignore

KB919071 - ignore

after youve finished you need to send it to a team member for it to be checked and officialized.

I finish my traduction.

I doesn't have a computer for testing.

And I wish others to make a relecture and testing before sending it to a member.

How can I transmit the file ? Do you have FTP ?

I try megaupload but my upload stop after three or four minutes.

I don't know why.

Jean-Michel

Edited by Jean-Mich

Sorry for my english grammar.

I use the past perfect instead of present perfect or preterit.

For the translation, I hope that it is more correct.

Most of the time, it will because I pick the translation from the Microsoft site. But for others,

it's my translation.

I'm good in english IMHO but not fluently and when I make translation, I make it literally.

That's why I need some help.

But before, I have to find a way to upload the files.

I will try later on MegaUpload.

Boy this thread is in for a looot of editing (as much as I hate deleting posts...) ;)

Let me recap on the rules regarding non-english text (as far as the AutoPatcher sub-forum of Neowin.net goes):

You can write anything you like in French/Dutch/German/Greek or any other language for that matter, as long as you provide a full translation in English. This could be done in a line-by-line basis or a paragraph-by-paragraph basis. You could also just type the whole message in your language first, followed by the english translation.

Edited by nw_raptor

• 4 weeks later...

Bonjour,

> Hi,

Je voudrais savoir s'il y a du monde qui traduit Autopatcher en francais.

> I want to know if someone works on Autopatcher in french.

J'ai commenc? ? le faire.

> I'd worked on it.

J'ai t?l?charg? les patchs critiques et non-critiques. Il y a huit patches que je trouve seulement en anglais.

> I'd downloaded the critical and non-critical patches. There's eight patches that I didn't find in french.

Je ne sais pas si je dois les inclure dans le package :

> I don't know if i have to include them in the package.

KB888656

KB894395

KB895181

KB896344

KB896097

KB918766

KB919071.

J'ai pos? la question mais je n'ai pas re?u de r?ponse.

> I'd asked the question but nobody has answered me

Ci-dessous, le lien pour la traduction en francais du fichier de langue 1036.lng .

> Below, the link for the traduction in french of the language file 1036.lng

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WCQNQDG4

Comment est-ce que vous traduisez misrepresented en francais ? Je l'ai traduit en mal repr?sent? (traduction litt?ral).

> How can you translate misrepresented in french ? I'd translate it in "mal repr?sent?" (litteral translation).

Si vous pouvez m'envoyer vos retours sur la traduction et aussi la r?ponse pour les patchs que je ne trouve pas en francais.

> If you can send me your feedback on the translation and also the response for the patchs which I didn't find in french.

Merci,

> Thanks

Hello Jean-Michel,

I see this thread has not had many replies lately... well at least you have one new "fan" for your version of the program. I will try to test it out this week or next week if I get the time as I have to rebuild a friend's XP machine and Autoupdater will save me alot of time (I use MBSA & batch files for security fixes, the rest I usually don't bother with unless theres a serious bug i nthe OS). I had ust finished downloadingall the french patches when I came across Autopatcher !! Of course I wondered if anyone had translated it to french, and voila, there you are hehe. I can help you with word translations if you need, I'm fluen:)y bilingual :)

have a good day !

Jay

Hello Jean-Michel,

I see this thread has not had many replies lately... well at least you have one new "fan" for your version of the program. I will try to test it out this week or next week if I get the time as I have to rebuild a friend's XP machine and Autoupdater will save me alot of time (I use MBSA & batch files for security fixes, the rest I usually don't bother with unless theres a serious bug i nthe OS). I had ust finished downloadingall the french patches when I came across Autopatcher !! Of course I wondered if anyone had translated it to french, and voila, there you are hehe. I can help you with word translations if you need, I'm fluently bilingual :)

have a good day !

Jay

Just to tell you that the pack with all the files is here :

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=GVZCCCTT

And you have to download these files modified after :

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=KCY1LIFJ

Jean-Michel

Just to tell you that the pack with all the files is here :

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=GVZCCCTT

And you have to download these files modified after :

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=KCY1LIFJ

Jean-Michel

Hello Jean_Michel,

I had found the links by patiently scrounging the entire forum yesterday... I don't understand why though, you repeated all the files & their names in the "modified files" (link www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=KCY1LIFJ). But then again, I have no idea how AutoPatcher is built and how it works.

Thanks for the reply !

Jay

Hey Jean-michel!

I'm french canadian, but will speak in english here for the sake of the Neowin rules.

I started doing a french Auto-patcher before, but it was a HELL of a job. I found out I didn't had the time to maintain this every month...

But if you need some help, I know how things work... you could contact me in a private message.

Hi, ...

I have downloaded the French "October", Autopatcher files.

I have set French Canadian = for keyboard and language in my Windows XP Fr. SP2 Fam.

Then after, AutopatcherXP work correctly, ...

---

It seem that it's a lot of work, each month made an update package, ...

Keep on the good work, for all French translator(s), of AutoPatcherXP.

---

(On an other thing, ... ) = By the way, ... i have test the French Language translation, of Windows Vista RC2 Ultimate 64 Bit. (It can be downloaded, as an update).

There is already, "Update(s), patch(s)", for Vista, ...

---

Thanks in advance to translator(s), ... (I have not the time to translate all the texts, for AutopatcherXP French.)

Sylvain St-Amand (Korgul)

Hi,

I made a trial run on a french corporate machine, and everything shows up in red! Red = unofficial items according to AutoPatcher FAQ. So I dunno what went wrong besides not having tried it under an admin account. I will try it out (with admin priviledge) on another machine later this week.

Jay

Hi,

I made a trial run on a french corporate machine, and everything shows up in red! Red = unofficial items according to AutoPatcher FAQ. So I dunno what went wrong besides not having tried it under an admin account. I will try it out (with admin priviledge) on another machine later this week.

Jay

It's normal. The files have not been packed by a member to make them official.

I tried to tell a member to download the pack and make it official.

But I have no news.

I wait for the november pack and i will try to make it official.

It's normal. The files have not been packed by a member to make them official.

I tried to tell a member to download the pack and make it official.

But I have no news.

I wait for the november pack and i will try to make it official.

Well that makes a lot of sense. I forgot about the rules for making a translation "official". What is the best way to ensure that what I am testing is good and working ? the machine I tried this on is fully patched because it is always online 24hrs 7days a week.

Jay

Hi,

Pour utiliser autopatcher en fran?ais, il existe une autre solution.

J'ai install? windows XP versions anglaise et puis j'utilise le MUI (multilingual user interface).

Ce programme permet de switcher d'une langue ? l'autre en quelque seconde.

Et ?tant donn? que L'XP que j'ai installer est en anglais, je peux utiliser sans probl?me autopatcher.

Sorry my english is very bad.

Hi,

Pour utiliser autopatcher en fran?ais, il existe une autre solution.

J'ai install? windows XP versions anglaise et puis j'utilise le MUI (multilingual user interface).

Ce programme permet de switcher d'une langue ? l'autre en quelque seconde.

Et ?tant donn? que L'XP que j'ai installer est en anglais, je peux utiliser sans probl?me autopatcher.

Sorry my english is very bad.

I'll ignore the fact that you haven't posted an english translation of your post (even in bad-english).

MUI costs money, and is something that not everyone can get. For the record, MUI is something usually available only to businesses. Installing English XP + French MUI is not any kind of solution to the problem.

Hey Jean-Mich (and others)!

I've just tried it on my system (WinXP SP2 French) and when I hit the "Mettre ? Jour" (apply updates) button, I always get this error :

"Erreur d'execution '5':

Argument ou appel de proc?dure incorrect"

This is very frustrating, for I really wanted to try Autopatcher (and my computer really needs these updates:):)

Anyway, thanks for working on a French version of autopatcher

• 1 month later...

Ok, not tried it yet.

But thanks for your work on it.

I am working in a little IT services company and we could use the french version of autopatcher on many systems where we have to repair or reinstall Windows... but we first have to make sure it won't crash their computers in any way.

I can't download the french package right now (problem with MegaUpload) but I will as soon as I can.

I think the french version could benefit a greater support if it was made official on this forum (and maybe if it had an Internet Website of its own where french people could find french informations, ask questions in french, etc.).

Once again, thank you...

I will check your already done great work and come back to you if I notice something in particular.

Zyxyx

I have done the January french package for Windows XP.

But I have some problem to upload it on MegaUpload. After two or three minutes, the upload stops.

My connexion is too slow also.

I will post when I will find a way to upload it.

Some questions for the administrators of Autopatcher ?

How to make the package official ?

I just have to upload it, tell you the link and you will make the rest (make it official, download it to a mirror) ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jean Mich,

Salut Jean Mich,

I am interested by your work on autopatcher XP french translation and I am considering to collaborate.

Je suis interess? par ton travail sur la traduction en francais de Autopatcher XP et j'envisage de coop?rer.

i>

May be we can found a more efficient way to communicate about the work in progress and then post on this forum at a later stage. Some of your questions in this thread already have answers..Peut etre pouvons nous communiquer plus efficacement sur le travail en cours puis poster sur ce forum ulterieurement. Certaines des questions que tu poses dans ce fil ont d?j? re?u des r?ponses.....

Up to now I dont use IM, only phone and email, but I can try to join any sytem you prPour l'instant je n'utilise pas de messagerie instantan?e, seulement le t?l?phone (j'ai un acc?s Freebox) et l'email, mais je peux m'inscrire au syst?me que tu pr?f?res.?f?res.

My target would be to build a french version of a full Autopatcher XP Janvier 06, and then to maitain it as near as possible as thMon objectif serais de construire une version fran?aise de AP XP full jan06, puis le maintenir aussi proche que possible de la version ENU.veJ'ai bien compris que tu attends des retours de test, je vais en faire cette semaine; mais il me semble que la traduction actuelle m?rite d'?tre retravaill?e. retravaill?e.

I understood that you need some test feedbacks, I will run some tests this week; but I feel that the current french translation would need some more work.

SeeA bient?t j'esp?re.?t j'esp?re.

--

Alain

PS. Any other willing participant could stand up...

I wait for your test and your feedback.

Jean-Michel

I have downloaded and tested the beast on two PCs.

Everything runs OK except one error about an unfound "msmsgs.inf" file. This is because in the addon "Removes Windows Messenger from Windows XP" neither the script nor the amc file provide for a test of existence before launching the removing script.

Congrat for your job Jean-Mich.

The next step would be to make the thing "official" (red and orange colors all over the patches are truly ugly).

Do you need help ?

--

Alain

in order to make it official, you need take all files (i've send the entire work folder, with script and everything), upload that to some place (yousendit is faster, but lives for 7 days only. so, is best if you pm theblazingangel, gondolas or raptor first). after upload, you need pm and send that download links. then, they may encript and make it official. but remmember ask them is if is the best time to send. you may send just before a release and thay may be very bussy.

[]s