Yu-Gi-Oh Power of Chaos

Yu-Gi-Oh Power of Chaos Help

Hi everyone, I've recently purchased copies of each of the 3 games in the Yu-Gi-Oh Power of Chaos PC game series. These include Yugi the Destiny, Kaiba the Revenge, and Joey the Passion. I'm having some problems getting them to work on my PC. My PC is an HP Pavilion a1250n. It's currently running Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2 installed. I also have all the latest updates via Microsoft Windows Update installed.

My problem starts when I go to install the games. The "autorun" launcher for each game crashes with an error that "memory could not be read" on each of the discs. However, if I go into Windows Explorer and double click on the installaion excutible directly, they install fine.

However, when I go to run any of the games, they appear to load up, but all that shows is a blank black screen. To date, I've tried all of the following to find a solution to get these games working on my PC.

1. Downloaded and installed the latest DirectX drivers from Microsoft's official website for Oct. 2006.

2. Since my system has an integrated graphics card built into the motherboard, made by ATI, I downloaded and installed the latest ATI display drivers for Windows XP for motherboards with ATI graphics built in.

3. Since my ATI display drivers require the .net framwork from Microsoft to function correctly, I redownloaded both the latest 1.0 and 2.0 .net frameworks from Microsoft's official site and had them do "repair" installs.

4. In case there was some error with my system itself, I scanned my system's registry with the registry cleaner built into CCleaner, as well as RegscrubXP by Lexun, and Registry Mechanic. I had each fix what few errors were found.

5. I tried disabliny my anti-virus and anti-spyware programs in case these were causing a problem, and to my knowledge, no other programs are running when I'm trying to run the games.

Despite all of this, I still cannot get these games to work. They launch just fine, and you can even hear music from the games playing when they launch, but they will not show anything other than a blank black screen. I'd appreciate any help anyone might offer, since Konami has unfortunately stopped offering any support for these games.