XAMPP vs WAMP  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better : XAMPP vs WAMP?

• XAMPP
    • WAMP

Question

15 answers to this question

___NEITHER___

Use Fedora or Ubuntu's package manager to download and install it for you. Plus there are PLENTY of guides to installing Apache MySQL and PHP on either of these distros if you do a simple google search. ALWAYS use the separate distro packages for Apache MySQL and PHP instead of using an all in one "program" like XAMPP or WAMP.

FYI: The packages for Apache MySQL and PHP come on the Fedora CD and you can select to install them when you install the OS.

If you have any problems doing this send me an email or IM and I would be happy to provide you FREE advice on installing this way.

even so, if you are using if for strictly DEVELOPING a site, there is absolutely no problem using xampp as a temp server on your local machine. 90% of people are behind some kind of router in their home systems anyway, so without specifically setting up port forwarding, outside users wont be able to reach your data anyway. now if you are setting up a production server, i completely agree with llbbl about security issues.