Overdoses of Radiotherapy


Recommended Posts

Landshark77

Glasgow: 16-year-old cancer victim Lisa Norris has died surrounded by family 10 months after human error saw her given 65% too much radiation on 17 separate occasions. She was being treated for a brain tumour.

As a result of the overdoses Lisa had to be treated for radiation poisoning and suffered burns to her neck, head, and ears. Her body temperature stayed elevated and she had to take frequent cold showers to keep her temperature down.

The girl's parents believe that the overdoses of radiation are responsible for the death of their daughter and are expected to launch legal action. The health board's chairman and the health minister have both expressed their condolences.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.