Happy Birthday Windows XP

I remember taking a blank cd to my friends place to write the illegally downloaded winxp devilsown release before the official launch. well hmm i was in my first year engineering then ......

In just over 3 hours I would be in the local Futureshop (aka. Best Buy Canada) buying my copy of XP Professional Upgrade. I still have the box and receipt ;)

Happy Birthday XP

I was just turning 18 when XP arrived :p

Had been using computers for about a year then, Windows 98 SE ftw :p

Not to sound or be stupid but what is windows 98se ?........................................................... Ha Ha so dang old like a relic or somthing i was like 16 when it came out or so i am 24 now

Not to sound or be stupid but what is windows 98se ?........................................................... Ha Ha so dang old like a relic or somthing i was like 16 when it came out or so i am 24 now

Windows 98 Second Edition featured fixes, better USB support, ICS support, along with a load of other stuff.

It was not a free upgrade.

For more information on the Windows timeline, see my sig ;)

Windows 98 Second Edition featured fixes, better USB support, ICS support, along with a load of other stuff.

It was not a free upgrade.

For more information on the Windows timeline, see my sig ;)

yo i know what windows 98se was didn ya see the end of my comment . i been using windows since what windows 1.0 days and Macs

5 years ago to this day Microsoft released Windows XP. :) So what has changed in the windows world since then? Nothing, XP is still MS's latest OS.

What do you mean "nothing"?

XP has changed and matured. It has become more stable and more secure. More features have been added to it. It is quite a grown man now !!!!!! :woot:

Congrats Windows XP! :D Your 5 years old kid! Thats one thing Mac OS X can't beat, every operating system is one year old, their infants with no viruses and not as many cool apps as XP has! I think XP is the oldest OS ever! Happy B-Day Windows Expierence!