Saw III (2006)

Absolutely amazing. I don't see how people believe that this didn't fit or it was too much gore. This is Saw; there IS going to be a lot of gore. But at the same time, the story was great.

I don't see how anybody could say that they saw the twists coming. But hey, that's just me.

I do agree that the flashbacks to Jigsaw's life were a bit of a letdown since there was really nothing to tie them together at the end. I wanted to see what it meant.

Overall, I think the Saw series is great and the third is no exception.

I don't believe that there will be a fourth.

Absolutely amazing. I don't see how people believe that this didn't fit or it was too much gore. This is Saw; there IS going to be a lot of gore. But at the same time, the story was great.

I don't see how anybody could say that they saw the twists coming. But hey, that's just me.

I do agree that the flashbacks to Jigsaw's life were a bit of a letdown since there was really nothing to tie them together at the end. I wanted to see what it meant.

Overall, I think the Saw series is great and the third is no exception.

I don't believe that there will be a fourth.

How could you not see the twists?

- The guy says he wants a divorce at the beginning.

- Jigsaw makes a remark how she is in a hotel on her back a couple of times.

- He mentions his family, and says son and daughter a few times, even though we didn't see either.

- He keeps saying how their paths are connected (Amanda and Lynn).

- You knew what was going to happen to Lynn as soon as Jeff was getting near the end and the collar still wasn't off.

I don't know how anyone wouldn't understand the connections after the half-way point in the movie or so. Seriously.

- He mentions his family, and says son and daughter a few times, even though we didn't see either.

- You knew what was going to happen to Lynn as soon as Jeff was getting near the end and the collar still wasn't off.

I don't know how anyone wouldn't understand the connections after the half-way point in the movie or so. Seriously.

I didn't see the connection until closer to the end. But I was watching the movie purely for entertainment purposes. Oh yeah, and the tons of gore that was in it :drool:

Saw it on Saturday and yes it was good, although Saw one was so brilliant and surprising (especially at the end) that I don't think any thing can beat that

although the final scenes in Saw III were good - I loved how everything linked together. Also - when the guy used the toilet cover to break his foot and then snapped it :x dude - I was eating!

It isn't official. Lionsgate has not said anything official yet, so I'll believe it when an official press release comes across.

although the final scenes in Saw III were good - I loved how everything linked together. Also - when the guy used the toilet cover to break his foot and then snapped it :x dude - I was eating!

I loved that scene, that was blood awesome :yes:

I love SAW, SAW II!

Can't wait to see the SAW III!

It's just AWESOME! :devil: :laugh:

I just laugh at the unrealism sometimes!

I bought the SAW II in the 'DVD Region 1' section the other day I thought it was the SAW III so I was like OMG :rofl: :rofl:

Can't wait till it comes out on DVD! :p

So... you mean to tell me that you knew that the guy in the bed was not her husband and all he meant by that was he wants her to get a divorce from her husband??... you are full of ****

My reaction to the twist: Oh...fair enough...is that it?

Was it me or did it seem like they rushed the end so much, crammed so much information in the last 15mins.

The whole film was ok on a whole, some parts just dragged on and did get boring. Acting was par. Production was amazing, compare to saw, this was a massive leap. Loved the camera cuts etc. I dont know, i just though it was missing something. 6.5/10

I was really up for this film, massive fan but was let down. It was good, but lacked something...my GF did run out with her friend because she found it horrible :p

So... you mean to tell me that you knew that the guy in the bed was not her husband and all he meant by that was he wants her to get a divorce from her husband??... you are full of ****

That's not what I said, buddy. I meant when combining that with everything else Jigsaw said it was obvious. So no, I am not full of sh*t -- it's just obvious when you consider that comment with the one I mentioned right below it :rolleyes:

Please. Everything in the movie was predictable. Jigsaw kept saying how everything was connected... how could you NOT get it? There were only two freaking main characters in the movie that had to deal with the traps! Put one and one together and what do you get? ;)

That's not what I said, buddy. I meant when combining that with everything else Jigsaw said it was obvious. So no, I am not full of sh*t -- it's just obvious when you consider that comment with the one I mentioned right below it :rolleyes:

Please. Everything in the movie was predictable. Jigsaw kept saying how everything was connected... how could you NOT get it? There were only two freaking main characters in the movie that had to deal with the traps! Put one and one together and what do you get? ;)

then you shouldnt have mentioned that first one...

I watched this movie last night.. it wasn't as good as the first and second one. It sort of follows the saw series, but this just had pointless gore in it. I liked the games they had to play, and the ending was a good little twist, but i didn't walk out of the theater pleased.

I give this 4/10, just for the gore and the ending. The story was a little wack

Completely agree. Very poor story in comparison to the first and second movie.

Completely agree. Very poor story in comparison to the first and second movie.

I must have missed something because I thought the story was better than the first two combined.

then you shouldnt have mentioned that first one...

Here, just let me better explain how you can see the twist coming from miles away:

First off, this is a Saw movie, so you know there's going to be some sort of twist. Secondly, remember that when Jigsaw chooses (Amanda didn't, though, from how the movie went) a person to play a "game," there's a reason for it. He wasn't going to take Lynn for no reason.

At the beginning of the movie Lynn's with a man in a hotel. He tells her that he wants a divorce. She brushes him off coldly and rushes to work. Not too surprising, but you get the sense something isn't right as the director leaves out much of a controversy from the audience's vision.

Lynn's later kidnapped to help save Jigsaw's life. Jigsaw says numerous times how everyone's connected more than you know, so you know where the twist is coming. Jigsaw also states that Lynn acted like a ###### (or something along those lines) in a hotel room later in the movie, and he also said she neglected her son and daughter -- which, surprise!, are the exact children Jeff had! Wow, who'd have thunk it?

Furthermore, the entire time we see Jeff, we never see his wife. A little odd, don't you think? Then he asks his daughter what 'Mommy would think' of them. Strange, both of the main characters involved in the games have trouble in their martial status? Oh, but it's just a coincidence, right? Please.

And if you didn't get it roughly half-way or two-thirds of the way through the movie, you're dumb as bricks, as Jeff kept getting pieces of a picture, but we never saw the mother in the picture. After about the second piece of the picture, which was about half-way through the movie I would estimate, you should be able to predict that whoever's in the picture is going to be part of the twist. And who else would be in a family picture but a mother and father?

I'm sorry, but if you know there's going to be a twist, this was the most predictable outcome of almost any movie I've ever seen.

I mean, I completely understand what Hurmoth's saying about watching for entertainment purposes -- I was there for that reason too -- but if you pay attention to the movie and know there's going to be a twist somewhere, you had to see it coming a mile away. I'm not saying it to offend anyone that went to see the movie, as I'm sure a lot of people weren't looking for it or forgot about all the twists in Saw movies because they were going for the horror factor, but it was an obvious twist.

I mean, I completely understand what Hurmoth's saying about watching for entertainment purposes -- I was there for that reason too -- but if you pay attention to the movie and know there's going to be a twist somewhere, you had to see it coming a mile away. I'm not saying it to offend anyone that went to see the movie, as I'm sure a lot of people weren't looking for it or forgot about all the twists in Saw movies because they were going for the horror factor, but it was an obvious twist.

I see what you're saying. I didn't forget, I just choose to be more surprised than what someone looking for the twists would be, which is probably why I enjoyed it so much. I knew that there would be twists, but I purposely ignored them until they were revealed at the end. I didn't do that with the first two, which is why I figured the second one out, which ironically I did not like as much as the first and third one.

Before I watch the film, I need to know something due to sensitivity of issue.

[Question] Is anyone in the film hung / hanged around the neck in the film (by rope / wires) ?

Please use spoilers in your reply, and please quote me so that I can search on my username.

Thanks.

[Question] Is anyone in the film hung / hanged around the neck in the film (by rope / wires) ?

Please use spoilers in your reply, and please quote me so that I can search on my username.

Thanks.

No. Nothing with the neck as far as I can remember.

Thanks.

One of the people gets their neck turned 360 and you see the bone in the neck snap, and a neck is cut opened.

Also, you were red earlier...why blue? :o

I was moved from being a Newsposter to being a Moderator. Just a change in my position, all to help make Neowin a better place ;)

^ Thanks ^

Just out of curiosity, and forgive for being nosy, but is there any particular reason why you wanted to know if there are neck injuries in the film?

Just out of curiosity, and forgive for being nosy, but is there any particular reason why you wanted to know if there are neck injuries in the film?

A family member ended their life a while back through hanging, and I try to avoid films with it in. Injuries in that area are ok, it has to be pretty specific to upset so much that it ruins everything.

It can't be avoided completely, things always catch me by surprise. (Lost, Sin City...). cheers anyhow, I'm going on Thursday. :yes:

Hurm : V Thanks (Y) V

Edited by lunamonkey