• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

How i effortlessly got a wii

ens_leader1    0

I called toys r us today (New Jersey) only to talk and ask if preorders were starting tomorrow they said yes.... I told them that I didn't want to wait outside and asked them if they would be interested in 'setting one aside for me' if i paid them a little monetary bonus ($20 dollars)... Long story short, he agreed, I met him at the store, paid him and yada yada yada, gonna sell it on ebay. Video games are for chumps anyways.

Lesson learned here folks, money is everything....

Doli    566

"Dont count your chickens before they hatch"

Timan    558

No lesson learned, people that want the system can't get them because people like you buy them for profit... tsk tsk tsk,

Don't take offense to that, its just sad how gaming as turn into this.

ens_leader1    0

No lesson learned, people that want the system can't get them because people like you buy them for profit... tsk tsk tsk,

Don't take offense to that, its just sad how gaming as turn into this.

Let the bidding start at $450... do I hear $500?

KHaKi-    0

I called toys r us today (New Jersey) only to talk and ask if preorders were starting tomorrow they said yes.... I told them that I didn't want to wait outside and asked them if they would be interested in 'setting one aside for me' if i paid them a little monetary bonus ($20 dollars)... Long story short, he agreed, I met him at the store, paid him and yada yada yada, gonna sell it on ebay. Video games are for chumps anyways.

money is sooooooo important when you die. :rofl:

Doli    566

Only a fool would pay that much for a $250 system

FryzDog    0

I heard that there would be no short supply like the 360 and the PS3.

AbandonedTrolley    93

I heard that there would be no short supply like the 360 and the PS3.

Exactly :) I can see you making a loss on it, and will be surprised if anyone looks to eBay to buy a Wii. :whistle:

faraway.    0

I'll be camping outside a Best Buy for a long time to get one. I really want one at launch :)

SixFootJockey    0

Hahaha, what a waste of $20. You could have gone in tomorrow and pre-ordered one without paying more.

Joel    27

So you paid extra for something that's going to be readily available in the coming months? Way to go!!!!! (Y) :rolleyes:

The sad part is, you're going to find a buyer who knew even less than you about the launch.

+Code Name: Lockdown    9,291

It is predicted that the wii will not have the same sales issues as the 360. There is supposedly enough units to fulfill demand and possibly a slightly lesser demand.

You paid $20 for something that would have cost you less in 24 hours time!

You expect people to pay $500 for a $250 console - you're dreaming.

"money is everything"? Really? To you possibly, but I have a much more fulfilling life.

Lesson learned - a fool and his money are soon parted!

The Teej    203

Congratulations on your Golden Apple, but prepare to get bitten by the Snake.

MGS4-SS    1

Could've worked with the PS3, or the X360 when it launched. With the Wii, not so much.

Master Shake    1

This is sickening.

Quick Shot    44

00oooOOOoohhhhhh!

that's why there were people tenting out in front of toys r us last night!!!!!!!!

my friend thought they were trying out the tents that we thought the store next to them was selling. hahaha :laugh:

Phemo    47

You'll be lucky to get much more than retail price for the Wii. If you think you're going to get $450 plus then you'll be disappointed.

TurboTuna    9

The very fact you took time to post this makes you seem as if you are 12 years old.

Edited by simpleyred

Ayepecks    117

Wow... you actually wasted your time and money to do that?

Jeston    400

Lesson learned - a fool and his money are soon parted!

hehehe nice

Litespeed    2

So you paid extra for something that's going to be readily available in the coming months? Way to go!!!!! (Y) :rolleyes:

The sad part is, you're going to find a buyer who knew even less than you about the launch.

That's assuming he actually gets the Wii.

"I'm sorry sir, we have no record of your deposit".

bangbang023    31

Considering the number of units Nintendo is going to dedicate to NA, you might be learning a lesson.

acies    0

Video games are for chumps anyways.

yeaa... and you live in the real world

metallithrax    523

So give us the link so we can bid on it

Andrew Lyle    341

i hope everyone who wants one gets one, and your stuck with a Wii.. people like you make me sick, you buy systems ONLY to sell it for profit on ebay. Things like this, is why the world is going down hill, and kids won't get their christmas present without their parents paying out the ass.