• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

How i effortlessly got a wii

Trong    3

Lol, he didn't get it. It's been a couple days and he hasn't replied.

none_needed    0

omg its not like u got the last wii ever made or something. big deal !

PiracyX    11

I called toys r us today (New Jersey) only to talk and ask if preorders were starting tomorrow they said yes.... I told them that I didn't want to wait outside and asked them if they would be interested in 'setting one aside for me' if i paid them a little monetary bonus ($20 dollars)... Long story short, he agreed, I met him at the store, paid him and yada yada yada, gonna sell it on ebay. Video games are for chumps anyways.

Lesson learned here folks, money is everything....

You sir are a clown! Thanks for making me laugh :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If its anything like the GameCube launch here in the UK it didnt sell out and there was enough to meet demand and i walked into my local game store and brought one without a preorder so i expect the same come 8th December.

Joel    27

Well, the idiots are feeding the eBay frenzy. The Wii preorders are getting ridiculous bids. A fool and his money are soon parted after all. :no:

KC    0

OK, maybe I'm missing something, but how are these guys making any money on this? I found a few preorder auctions for ~ $10 with ~ $150 shipping. No text in these auctions says this is for the preorder paper only, they explicitly say they will ship the machine and Zelda to you the next day. I have an auction on my screen right now for $1 + actual shipping cost for the Wii and Zelda. It doesn't seem possible. I can see the bidding topping out at $50 - $100.

Really? I am looking at the a list of auctions right now and the preorder slips are being bid up over $400!

edit/ oops sorry I now see your post right above my own.

rasha    0

i dont know what is worse,

1)The people selling their pre-orders for 2x the ammount of the game system is worth

or

2) The stupid people actually paying that much for them

MrFusion    0

Actually, stores in Mexico are taking pre-orders now and the price ranges from $420 to $550 USD (from what I've seen). :no:

Unfortunately, only black market will have the Wii near the $250 US price. :shiftyninja:

Maybe i'll have to take a trip to the USA only to get my Wii at a better price. (Yes, it is cheaper even including the flight!)

rasha    0

im gonna walk into one of my local EB's on launch day and buy one thats how effortlessly im gettin my wii

Kaidiir    3

Noobs....can't live with 'em, and can't feed 'em to the lions anymore :whistle:

myNando    9
Noobs....can't live with 'em, and can't feed 'em to the lions anymore :whistle:

Wait, you can't?!

Oops... :blush:

5Horizons    1

I don't know how other stores do it, but at Target, brand new consoles don't even arrive on the regular delivery semis. They come in at a different time in delivery trucks and are immediately unloaded to a secure place by the store's Asset Protection team. Then they're locked up until the store opens on release day, when the consoles are transported by AP to their displays and stocked. So basically, none of the regular employees (even people who stock) have any way of "setting aside" a Wii for you.

Joel    27

i dont know what is worse,

1)The people selling their pre-orders for 2x the ammount of the game system is worth

or

2) The stupid people actually paying that much for them

I vote #2. If people had left those auctions alone, it may actually have taught the sellers a lesson when they had to sell their consoles at a loss.

El Flaco    0

Pretty sure the guy simply took your 20$ and isn't going to give you your Wii...