11.08 Wednesday:

-

11.10 Friday:

of 1up playing Halo 3... not of Halo 3 itself :pinch:

Week 2

11.13 Monday:

Weapon Spawn System Revamped

Less emphasis on Dual-Wielding

Remastered Assault Rifle as Starting Weapon (much more effective than Halo 2 SMG, not as deadly as Halo 1 Pistol)

3 Grenade Types x 2 instead of 2 Grenade Types x 4

New Call-Signs for quick in-game player identifications consisting of a letter and two numbers (X12)

11.15 Wednesday:

11.17 Friday:

: Includes their full analysis of playing Halo 3 Multiplayer

Week 3

11.20 Monday:

11.22 Wednesday:

11.24 Friday:

1UP Clarifies some Halo 3 Details

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EGM should be here any day now hopefully revealing most, if not all, of Halo 3's secrets and I just wanted to kind of resurrect an old thread for predicting Halo 3 features. Let's see some predictions for what Halo 3 has in stores.

If you remember, this was my original prediction:

Ah man, you beat me to my own post, I had this all ready... well, anyway, here is my top 10 features I'd like to see in Halo 3:

Idea #1: Dynamic Weather in Multiplayer Maps

-> What if multiplayer maps could have dynamic/random day/evening/night time settings, as well as random/set weather settings such as Clear, Rain, Snow, Lightning, Fog, etc? This would add to the playability of (outdoor) maps dramatically.

-> Also, what if these weather settings effected vehicle gameplay? They may affect vehicles: Warthog won't drive as fast or as efficiently in the Snow/Rain. The Banshe won't be able to fly as fast/well in windy conditions. The Tank may get stuck in large puddles of mud. These elements would greatly increase the skill required to operate and dominate vehicles on certain maps.

-> They could also affect weapon gameplay: Sniping on a large-scale map in the dark with very window/snowy weather conditions would be extremely difficult due to low visibility. Plasma Pistol charge may not go as far or act as accurate in foggy/windy conditions. Frag grenades may not bounce as much or go as far. Plasma grenade motion may also be effected.

This would allow for much more varied matches and breathe new life into maps that are usually dominated by simply controlling a particular weapon/vehicle.

Idea #2: Controller Button Configurations/Variations

-> The "Switch Grenade" button is rendered completely useless when Dual-Weilding weapons because you cannot throw grenades while holding two weapons (Dualing). So, I suggest that the button is to be renamed in the game manual to "Switch Grenade/Duals". What it will do is, while Dualing, Swap the Dualing weapons between hands. For eample, accidentally picking up a Magnum on the right hand and an SMG on the left (instead of the more comfortable/natural Magnum Left, SMG Right stance) will no longer be a problem since you can just hit the "Switch Grenade/Duals" button and be back to the more comfortable/natural stance. This saves precious time as you no longer have to find a third weapon to swap with in order to drop the Magnum (See Idea #3), set SMG as primary (right hand) and then pick the Magnum back up again on the left hand in the natural Magnum/SMG stance.

Idea #3: Drop Weapons

-> How many times have you frantically ran around trying to find a third gun in order to drop the Sniper rifle you just picked up off of a kill you got so that you can give it to the "Designated Sniper" on your team? And how many times has this ridiculous task of finding a 3rd gun to swap with ended up causing you or your Designated Sniper to die because you were concentrating on weapons rather than the enemy? Well the most obvious solution to this is the Drop Weapon button. This seemingly basic function is lacking in Halo 1 and Halo 2, yet, the major FPS on the Xbox franchise that had this feature is Perfect Dark Zero (there may be others, but PDZ is the one that first comes to mind). Halo3 should have the D-Pad Down button allow the Master Chief to drop whatever current weapon he is holding. If he is only holding one weapon then, depending on how Bungie decides is optimal for gaming, MC can either drop that weapon and thus not have any weapons on him (aka 'Camera Mode/Stance' or 'Fist Mode/Stance'). Why would anyone want to do this? What if you find yourself in any one (or combination of) the following: You are completely out of ammo in your SMG, you have no grenades, everyone on your team conveniently spawned at the other side of the map, AND you an enemy hot on your tail all the while bringing your shield quickly to a screaming beep*beep*beep... Your only chance of survival would be a jumping melee (which can sometimes backfire: try doing this manuever on a laggy match on lockout and you're not the host). Instead, the power of an Oddball Melee would do the trick, since it's not an Oddball match your only other alternative is to drop your useless SMG and enter 'Fist Mode', now duck around a coner and wait for your enemy to come running by, frantically start pounding him ? la DOA4 Spartan-458 style and most likely you'll be able to survive the encounter!

Idea #4: Map Editor>

-> This definitely has to be possible seeing as how FarCry has a very capable Map Editor. If you have played Far Cry for the Xbox (or for whatever system) and have tried creating your own map you realize how much fun this feature could be. You could recreate or edit certain things that you don't like about current maps ( e.g: Add a Front-Side Entrance (4th Entrance) to the top side on Ivory Tower, or Add an additional exit to the 'Green Room' on Lockout, or Create more cover on Burial Mounds, etc). You could also recreate your favorite Halo 1 Maps (read: Hang 'Em High). Bungie could also hold Monthly Map Contensts in which users create and submit their maps to a Peer-Review System (? la halo.bungie.org Peer Review System) to filter the best 10 Entries for Bungie Staff Review. Bungie staff would vote and then select the best Map out of the ten. This map would then be further enhanced/editted (more textures, different lighting, and other things the user may not be able to control in the Halo 3 Map Editor) by Bungie for optimal gaming and then maybe released as an official Halo Map! We would see much more maps this way as well as much more variation in maps as well)! These maps could ben be released bi-monthly in OXM Magazine or as Free downloads in the Xbox Live Marketplace with credit given to the original Gamer, of course... what fame!:):)Idea #5: Not Just Matchmakingb>

-> Sometimes you want to create your own type of game with your own rules and have random people join. Your friends list may not be all that extensive, or maybe nobody on your friends list happens to be online. A great option would be able to start hosting your own room with your own rules on any map of your choosing with any weapons you choose (this is also optimum for people trying to get their newly created map out there to see what people like/dislike about it). They would then start hosting their room and a list of rooms available would be listed under "Find a Custom Match" multiplayer menu option. This is, of course, in addition to the brilliantly successful "Matchmaking Playlists". If I had to choose between the two, however, I would definitely choose Matchmaking. But this would be a great addition. You could find new friends and police your own game (boot modders, cheaters, whiners, etc) all the while not having to worry about ranks, of course.Idea #6: More Statsb>

-> More stats should be recorded such as "Steals". It currently keeps track of "Assists", so why not keep track of who took the assist, aka "Stole" the kill?

-> "Dying Spree", currently the game keeps track of Killing Sprees and gives you a medal for it, why not also have "Shame Medals", if you will. In LAN games, whenever you hear "Killing Spree" or "Running Riot", everyone always asks, "Who got that??" or something similar. I think it would be funny and even more entertaining if the game also counted deaths, such as "Dying Spree", "Dying Rampage", etc.

-> It would also be nice if the Post-Game Carnage Report had an additional page with strictly Medals and it showed the exact number of each type of medal each player received, much like the information visible on Bungie.net stats currently.Idea #7: Spectator Modeb>

-> Sometimes things get heated in a Matchmade game and there's so much trash-talking in the Post-Game Carnage Room after a 49-50 Team Slayer match that the top two players just can't shut up. The best way to shut them up is usually to have the duel it out in a one-on-one match in an Arranged Game. Usually, the respective team members also want to watch and end up having to sit in a corner of a map (on top of high-middle platform on Midship, or at the Blue Lift on Lockout, for example) so that they are out of the way and can watch whatever action happens out in the open (usually not that much). Wouldn't it be cool if you could enter a match as a Spectator and watch with the 3rd person camera that you get after you die (in a Team Slayer match). The players in Spectator Mode would be able to talk to each other ONLY (the players actually playing should not be able to hear them as this would allow cheating otherwise). The Spectator Mode players should also be able to talk to one of the players playing only when he/she has died.

-> You could also enter randomly Matchmade Games or Tournaments in Spectator Mode to watch the World's Best battle each other, much like the GothamTV system that Project Gotham Racing 3 has.Idea #8: More Control over Gametypes and Weapon Setsb>

-> Much like Perfect Dark Zero, a player should have absolute control over what weapons are to be available and how Oddball/CTF/etc should be played.

-> Also, instead of having "No Sniping", how about "Sniper: Beam Rifle --> Half-Ammo Spawn" so that a team does not control the game with a fully loaded Beam Rifle for too long. Team Slayer on Collossus in Matchmaking usually has the "No Sniping" weapon set, which is a shame because it takes away the fun of having a Designated Sniper and the other three players working together to protect him. Instead of taking out snipers alltogether, why not create more chance and up the frequency of confrontations by limiting the ammo in the Beam Rifle when it spawns to half-capacity?

-> Bring back Unlimited Grenades. This was a fun Gameplay option in Halo 1, why take it out?Idea #9: More Handicap Settingsb>

-> Instead of just limiting the shield that a handicap player has (and the damage he can instil on un-handicapped enemies) why not have other limitations to his character? For example, some handicap settings could be:

- Unable to pick up Overshield or Camoflauge

- After each successive kill, character moves slower (or faster, this would be an option to give less skilled players). This would help avoid Power Weapon dominance by an exceptionally skilled player playing against much weaker opponents.

- Opponnent spwans with weapon that player playing with Handicap killed them with. This would also help alleviate Power Weapon dominance.Idea #10: No More Noob-Combo!b>

-> I'm sick of everyone complaining about the Noob-Combo, but you tend to have to agree. Even though it does require skill, it requires a considerably less amount of skill than say Sniping or even using the Sword.

-> It is absolutely ridiculous that the Plasma Pistol Charged Shot takes out an enemy's COMPLETE shield, even with Overshield! Doesn't make any sense weapon-balance wise. If anything, it should take out 85% of shield for a normal shielded enemy and 50% of shield for an Overshielded enemy. I think this would eliminate "The Combo" and add more balance across other weapons.

Phew!:D:D

What do you guys think will be in Halo 3?

Edited by magik

Idea #1: Dynamic Weather in Multiplayer Maps

-> What if multiplayer maps could have dynamic/random day/evening/night time settings, as well as random/set weather settings such as Clear, Rain, Snow, Lightning, Fog, etc? This would add to the playability of (outdoor) maps dramatically.

-> Also, what if these weather settings effected vehicle gameplay? They may affect vehicles: Warthog won't drive as fast or as efficiently in the Snow/Rain. The Banshe won't be able to fly as fast/well in windy conditions. The Tank may get stuck in large puddles of mud. These elements would greatly increase the skill required to operate and dominate vehicles on certain maps.

-> They could also affect weapon gameplay: Sniping on a large-scale map in the dark with very window/snowy weather conditions would be extremely difficult due to low visibility. Plasma Pistol charge may not go as far or act as accurate in foggy/windy conditions. Frag grenades may not bounce as much or go as far. Plasma grenade motion may also be effected.

This would allow for much more varied matches and breathe new life into maps that are usually dominated by simply controlling a particular weapon/vehicle.

i think weather that changed effected the vehicles would get extremely annoying, and probably take away from the skill. I think the weather is a nice idea but it should be less interactive. It would be nice for a snow level to rain and snow at random points. Or even have certain ice points melt during the duration of the game

:angry: And its still not going to be for PC is it :angry: i want halo 2 for PC but nooo they wont release it

Halo 2 is coming out for PC, and Halo 3 will probably come out for PC in 2009 or something.

Start realizing that Halo is a console FPS first. You keyboard and mouse evangelists may not like it, but it's true.

I want the combos... They win you the game...

I never play slayer anyways, just hardcore and BTB skirmish so it's hardly ever a close game. No yelling for us.

BR = Best weapon.

BR + Plasma Pistol = Crazy combo.

BR + Plasma Pistol + teammates helping team-BR = a winning game.

Map Editor would be heaven if its incorporated. Weather changes sound interesting.

All I really hope that Halo 3 is an ending to the story, just kill the story and continue with multiplayer.

Halo 2 is coming out for PC, and Halo 3 will probably come out for PC in 2009 or something.

Start realizing that Halo is a console FPS first. You keyboard and mouse evangelists may not like it, but it's true.

Halo was initially a PC title, until Microsoft bought off Bungie and released the game for their new console The X-Box.

Halo 3 Predictions

I thought you meant predictions on the story... I'm seeing an alliance between Covenant and the UNSC making a last-ditch effort to stop the Flood on Earth. Mmm, drama.

I didn't get the last issue until about 2? weeks ago, so I guess I'll see it on the web first.://

Those predictions would be great new features, by the way, magik.(Y))

heres my prediction: Halo 3 will be a prettier Halo 2, just as Halo 2 was a pretier Halo. PLEASE prove me wrong ;)

With more of the story! Why does no one mention the storyline? Is there anyone out there who enjoys the story as much as (if not more than) the multiplayer? :huh:

With more of the story! Why does no one mention the storyline? Is there anyone out there who enjoys the story as much as (if not more than) the multiplayer? :huh:

oh and lets not forget stealing vehicles and dual weilding weapons. To be totally honest with you, i found the games sooo boring after a couple of hours i stopped playing. I look forward to getting bored with the same formula in Halo 3, but this time doing it in a really beautiful environmen! oowwwww, ahhhhh ;)

I love the storyline! I'm reading through the books now and can't wait for the fourth one. You have to keep in mind that Halo 2 was a cliff-hanger ending because it was between the first and last of a trilogy, it's expected to have a cliff-hanger ending. Look at The Matrix, Lord of the Rings, etc etc. I'm sure the Halo 3 SP will have a much more 'complete' feel to it than Halo 2. :)

oh and lets not forget stealing vehicles and dual weilding weapons. To be totally honest with you, i found the games sooo boring after a couple of hours i stopped playing. I look forward to getting bored with the same formula in Halo 3, but this time doing it in a really beautiful environmen! oowwwww, ahhhhh ;)

Did you even play Halo 1 and/or 2? Besides at a friend's house for more than 10 minutes?

Didn't think so.

heres my prediction: Halo 3 will be a prettier Halo 2, just as Halo 2 was a pretier Halo. PLEASE prove me wrong ;)

using the same logic you can say Super Mario Galaxy is the same as Super Mario on the NES only with a higher poly count and more this...

jump

kick

jump

jump

jump

mama mia!!!

kick

jump

and so and so...

:rolleyes:

using the same logic you can say Super Mario Galaxy is the same as Super Mario on the NES only with a higher poly count and more this...

jump

kick

jump

jump

jump

mama mia!!!

kick

jump

and so and so...

:rolleyes:

:D :D :D I Love you now just for that.