1UP's 3 weeks of Halo 3 Coverage

They said the graphics aren't that impressive for a 360 game yet.

Note that I said "yet", but I stand by my point that it will not look like the "trailer" they showed. ;)

Yes, please, go ahead and bring that up in every thread about H3. We all know your stance on that, and not many of us care to share it, or will care at all in the end. You don't have to keep telling us.

-Spenser

Yes, please, go ahead and bring that up in every thread about H3. We all know your stance on that, and not many of us care to share it, or will care at all in the end. You don't have to keep telling us.

-Spenser

With all due respect, why should I stop when other members (all you have to do is read the original thread about it and see who I was talking to) insist on bringing it up every time as well? I'm not going to back down on anything I said when I was ridiculed and made fun of for no valid reason, other than the fanboyism of some people.

I'm not saying you should back down, but in every single thread you bring this up in, there ends up a flamewar, so what's the point in bringing it up again. It's not like anybody is going to change their minds. Just because someone else brings it up doesn't mean you have to continue what just ends up getting ugly. It's called 'being the bigger man'.

-Spenser

I'm not saying you should back down, but in every single thread you bring this up in, there ends up a flamewar, so what's the point in bringing it up again. It's not like anybody is going to change their minds. Just because someone else brings it up doesn't mean you have to continue what just ends up getting ugly. It's called 'being the bigger man'.

-Spenser

It's not "being the bigger man." That's something you'd say if someone tries to start a fight with you in real life. This is the internet. It's a argument, there's no "being the bigger man and walking away" in an argument. Ever tried to do that with a girlfriend or wife? You certainly won't be on their good side if you try that stance.

And if I saw you saying the same thing to the others who bring it up, perhaps I would heed your warning. But you haven't. I'll just end it there with that statement, but I won't resist bringing it back up again if someone else does or the graphics simply are not as good as the trailer when a gameplay video comes out.

You do realize that in my previous post I do not mention your name once. Albeit I was talking to you, others can still read the post and learn from it, and I wish they would. Unfortunately, as you now have proven, since it's the internet, people will not stop being stupid and posting the same flame-inciting argument over and over. And whether you want to believe it or not, you can be the bigger man on the internet, and trust me, you'll feel much better about yourself when you don't waste your time arguing with people who won't see your way anyhow.

-Spenser

That was kind of disappointing for supposed halo 3 info. There were only a couple of things that caught my eye, spiker grenades only disperse in one direction (aka like a claymore), video recording is freaking awesome(which no doubt will be), and the battle rifle actually being a considerably good starting defualt weapon. Everything else was pretty much filler jibberish. Maybe one or two more key details about the game would have been better, especially from the luke guy. It looks like he didnt write much. Never fear though, at least they are doing 3 full weeks of stuff discussing different aspects, so I gotta give em kudos for that. Its always a good read when they actually discuss different aspects of the game because there tends to be more detail than when they just pile it all into one article.

Anyone have a quick rundown of what was discussed in the latest update. I still have about another 5 hours until I actually get off work. It sucks running twelves and having websense block almost everything, on top of that not having any work to do to make the time go by.

SNOWBOUND:

The first is a small outdoor map blanketed in snow. The map's outer edges are guarded sentry-style by large guns, and while they weren't active in the pre-Alpha build we played, the plan is to have them kill players who try to venture outside of Snowbound's borders. Plus, several rock outcroppings cover one half of the perimeter with weapons strategically placed along the edge among the cover.

Two forerunner structures act as bases on either side of the map, with a series of intertwining tunnels beneath connecting them. You'll also find two other entrance points into the underground tunnel system. A shotgun is in the underground tunnel network, placed in the middle of explosive fusion coils (the things behind the Sniper Rifle on Lockout in Halo 2). Up on the surface, a Sniper Rifle sits in a similar room just underneath a snow drift -- and it, too, is guarded by explosive fusion coils.

HIGH GROUND:

High Ground is a medium-sized map that revisits some familiar ground tread in Halo 2's Zanzibar. There's a beach and a compound, and the map is built with objective gametypes (One Flag CTF, Assault) in mind. Instead having of a giant spinning wheel and a huge distance to cover from beach to base, High Ground is a much more compact assault map.

Like Zanzibar, there are several entrance points to the compound and both teams have a vehicle and weapons of their own. Both teams have access to shotguns and the squad coming from the beach gets a Warthog and a Sniper Rifle. The base's garage houses a Ghost and a turret sits atop the gate, acting as the anti-vehicle weapon.

Also like Zanzibar, there are multiple ways to infiltrate High Ground's base. Along the left side of the map (approaching from the beach) is a small half-blown-apart bunker. Players can enter the bunker through the side and into a small tunnel system leading into the base, or they can use a Spike Grenade or a Plasma Grenade to blow apart the hatch on top of the bunker and drop into the tunnel system that way.

Along the right side of the base, players can jump up a group of rocks and onto the walkway where the turret sits. Also on the right side players can access a small pipe system that requires them to crouch (still with a click on the left analog stick) and infiltrate the base that way.

The beach team's Sniper Rifle is supposed to keep the turret in check -- it's no shield door, but it definitely provides another game of cat and mouse.

VALHALLA:

In Norse mythology, Valhalla is Odin's Hall. In Halo 3, Valhalla is sacred in its own way. As the spiritual successor to Blood Gulch, Valhalla shares several similarities (and even more differences) with its symmetry-filled cousin. Bases are tucked on both sides of the map, and a river runs angularly through the terrain. Two elevated plateaus in the map's center hold weapons of their own -- on one sits a new shoulder mounted weapon, the Spartan laser, and on the other, a turret.

That's just a taste for you, there's obviously more to the article, but this is a quick overview.

-Spenser