Upgrade Of Full Instalation For Xp?

i have 2 comps, 1 running XP the other 98, and i was wondering which is the best way to upgrade my 2nd comp...upgrade to XP, or just fully install XP?

i know upgrading will just upgrade the OS and none of my data will be lost, but what if i do a full install of XP? what kind of data can i lose with that (example: my documents, IE favorites, programs)?

:huh: :wacko: :cry: :unsure:

thanx

if u upgade 98 with the disk, the only thing u will loose is probably a few programs that u installed on it. and favorites will still be there but it will be located in a different folder. c:\windows\Favorites or c:\windows\profiles\username\Favorites. no data will be lost. it is better prefered that you do a clean install so u can remove all windows 98 components, and it would be a clean drive with no old stuff but new stuff. all u would have to do is just save your favorites and the program installation file so u can reinstall the programs.

As has been stated thousands and thousands of times on every tech-related website in the world, always do a clean install. Back up whatever you need and do a format/install, otherwise you are guaranteed problems. I'd say 95% of all problems with XP that I've read about can all be traced back to a upgrade install over a screwed-up pre-exisiting Windows install.

Besides, god knows how much useless accumulated crap you have lying all over your system. This is the best way to install XP, and the best way to clean house at the same time. You'll be happy you did later, trust me.