Windows Vista and Office 2007 Packaging Revealed

I take it you just commented and didnt read any of the others, and just assumed you were going along with everyone else when you said that, think it would make you fit in and be part of the crowd. You should have read what other people said, becuase im going to go out on a limb and guess thats how you usually form your opinions.

Nah, he just hates Microsoft because some fanboy told him to. Or, he could find them genuinely ugly. But with a comment like that, he's just a hater.

I agree, the boxes do look very neat, but seriously who the **** cares? I want what's inside. If I could buy software for a cheaper price if it were bundled in a cheap cardboard box I'd go with that instead of this anyday. It's not like I'll be like "YEAH.. IT LOOKS GOOD.... YEAH.. WHAT DOES IT DO?.... NOTHING. ITS PAPER AND PLASTIC!... YEAH!!"

Will it be worth the hefty price tags that it carries with? We'll see :whistle:

setup-1.png

Monday, The Windows Vista Developer Team announced and showed off Windows Vista's and Office 2007's new retail packaging.

This is not your standard CD/DVD case, this new packaging has been completely revised and features an extremely unique design.

"Designed to be user-friendly, the new packaging is a small, hard, plastic container that's designed to protect the software inside for life-long use. It provides a convenient and attractive place for you to permanently store both discs and documentation.

The new design will provide the strength, dimensional stability and impact resistance required when packaging software today. Our plan is to extend this packaging style to other Microsoft products after the launch of Windows Vista and 2007 Office system." - says the Windows Vista Developer Team on their blog.

So far, only the Microsoft Office Professional 2007, Office Home And Student 2007 and Windows Vista Home Basic packaging designs have been released.

UPDATE: The packaging design for the Ultimate, Home Premium and Business editions of Windows Vista have been uncovered. See below for the links.

UPDATE 2: Apparently, Microsoft has killed Home Basic and Office links.

UPDATE 3: I re-uploaded Vista Home Basic to my Photobucket.

newssource2.png View: Windows Vista Ultimate Packaging

newssource2.png View: Windows Vista Business Packaging

newssource2.png View: Windows Vista Home Premium Packaging

download-1.pngView: Windows Vista Home Basic

download-1.pngView: Office and Home Basic

Newssource.png News Source: WinFuture (German)

I wonder what will be on the back of the boxes? I know MS is trying to have not so "cluttered" boxes, or boxes that are overloaded with information so i'm wondering if there will be much at all, will there be features, sys requirements, screenshots? or i'm guessing most of that will be inside the box...

Oh my dear god! those are truly beautiful and that Ultimate cover is just stunning! I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I wonder what will be on the back of the boxes? I know MS is trying to have not so "cluttered" boxes, or boxes that are overloaded with information so i'm wondering if there will be much at all, will there be features, sys requirements, screenshots? or i'm guessing most of that will be inside the box...

This came from the vista team blog:

Designed to be user-friendly, the new packaging is a small, hard, plastic container that's designed to protect the software inside for life-long use. It provides a convenient and attractive place for you to permanently store both discs and documentation.

The new design will provide the strength, dimensional stability and impact resistance required when packaging software today. Our plan is to extend this packaging style to other Microsoft products after the launch of Windows Vista and 2007 Office system.

roflmao. I have something to say that my older brother taught me:

Not everyone in the world is smart and thinks smart and does smart things like smart people do. You have to realize, some people in this world, were born un-smart.

No offence, it's just mine and his philosophy. :laugh:

I wonder what the Ulitmate Box will look like for Vista

LOL Obviously someone needs to update the original post for this thread or this will continue to happen, just look at the post before yours.