• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Xbox, is it worth it?

Gooey    1

freexa... you could be right there... My point about latency still stands though. ;)

jciaccio    0

I have been a computer gammer since the C64. I also owned many consoles. Untill the PS2 came out did a console actually beat a the computer system as far as visuals were concerned. But now with DirectX 8 compatible cards such as the Geforce 3, things are slanting infavor of the computer again.

So where does the Xbox fit in? Since it's basically a computer built for just gamming I would say it is going to be the system to beat for awhile.

Besides you can plug it into a network and use your exiting broadband connection for multiplayer over the internet...That Really is a first for consoles...

By the way..I bought a PS2 the first week it came out and only found about 6 games I actually enjoy playing.

jacob_gaul    0

its horrible in my mind, i was playin halo and it crashed out 3 seperate times, gamecube for ever!

neo1980    0

me and my friends played halo 21 hours straight and it didnt crash. :). Xbox forever

nsplit    0

my ps2 hasnt crashed yet in over a year... wow!

my bro got xbox, halo is awesome, but thats the only game worth getting as of now.

xbox may have better graphics, but graphics are not everything in a game.

just my 2 cents.

jciaccio    0
Originally posted by nsplit

my bro got xbox, halo is awesome, but thats the only game worth getting as of now.

just my 2 cents.

Thats were it's up to game designers not the hardware itself. I am hoping that since it is based on PC hardware that there will be more developers for it. I am tired of all the games that come out of japan or that seem to have taken the theme.

How many pointy headed characters can you take?

Not that their games are bad...I love Devil may Cry....I just would like something different.

Spectre    0
Originally posted by nsplit

just my 2 cents.

eh ... the ps2 is more than one year old. imagine how many cool games the xbox will have in one year. *drool*

beetlejuice    0

I see these arguements on every web site that has boards for posting about consoles and games all the time..

It all boils down to one thing only and that is "players preferences". Some like this system, some like that system and even if on the same consoles some like sports games and others like RPG's etc... So there is always an arguement..

Myself, I own all 3 (actually alot more LOL) - PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube and have owned every home console and their add-ons going back to the NES, Sega Master system days and even way back to the Atari and Coleco days too.. I still have most of them and their games too.

To me none are better then the other... You can take the specs and toss them out the window when comparing systems because depending on the game made for each system in most cases the games don't even use a system for what it's capable of. No not all games but most that are made are nearly identical on other systems..

I like many types of games and unfortunately they ALL aren't on one system therefore I buy each system so I can play the games that are specific to a system that I want or like.

I like all my systems equally and depending on the time of their lives they all have or will have games that really shine or use the system's capabilities or unique games to one specific system and just as well we will see crap games on each system, But it's my choice to buy the good vs. bad games (at least good vs. bad according to my states)...

No sense in bashing any one system as they will all have both good and bad games and what is good or bad to me just might be the opposaite for you...

As far as problems go, heck most systems when they came out had some sort of problems and because they did doesn't make them any worse then another... I've bought most consoles at their launches and (KNOCK WOOD!) have NEVER had a machine I had to return due to defect or recall or malfunction. Only once I ever took a machine back for replacement, my original PlayStation and that was at least some 6 months after having it that it developed some problem..

neo1980    0

well..even if xbox doesnt get enough kick out of gamecube and ps2, the Homestation (Xbox2) which will feature a Pentium 4 and Tivo plus an nForce nvidia card (Geforce4) will kill em all!! haha!

dj_rigo    0

the homestation is a fake like n64dd :)

(no, i didn't registered to post that)