Who's camping out for a Wii?

I'm not going to buy one right out of the gate, because I am waiting for the Black version.

You'll likely be waiting a decent amount of time, although black Wiimotes would be pretty snazzy.

Generally Nintendo products are pretty solid but if anythign was wrong with mine I could always return it. I wouldn't like to but that is the price I am willing tp pay in order to have a launch day wii. I am planning on going around 1 am. I live in Red Deer which isn't the biggest city so it should be ok, and I can always stay in teh car until people come.

I'm thinking of camping in front of Target. Does anyone have any info on how Target will release the console (aka at midnight or in the morning the next day)? I went to talk to the employees and they were confused and didn't know how many shipments were coming in.

Any Target managers can give some info?

And I'm pretty sure you'll need to campout. At least in the LA area.

Ah crap.... looks like I might have to.

I went to my local wal mart to check up on their Wii status. I expected them to say "What the hell is a Wii?" but instead I got the response "People have been trying to camp out for it since wednesday. You better get here early sunday morning."

Theyre probably going to have a lot in stock but... god damn. I thought it would just be like the N64 launch when I just walked right in and picked one up the morning it came out. I guess times have changed.. :I

will we need to or will stores have more than 10 of them? i would just like to get one by dec. 25th... doesn't matter if its before. are they expecting shortages??

My location (I work for CC) has 38 total, which is more than enough. Not to mention that we haven't gotten anybody asking for it, so I think I'm okay. The only problem is the fact that we have a policy against employees purchasing one before the end of their shift. Luckily my mom's going to drive down and buy it, and then I'll just pay her back :D

i went by walmart earlier to see if they knew how many they had in stock. they wouldnt tell me but they said they already had 30 or 40 people lining up in the back. ill go tomorrow night around 11 or 11:30. if i get one great.. if i dont ill wait till the next shipment comes in.

11430010.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOL!

I got to play a Wii today at Gamestop, they only had Excite truck on display, but it was fun, and then an old lady who had never played a video game in her life picked it up and I showed her how to play.

After that encounter, I thought "hmmmm, maybe this is a good idea." If anything, I'm buying one for myself, and if for some reason I am disappointed, I will give it to my parents so they can finally get into gaming.

I do not plan on camping out, but I am going to drive to my local shopping plaza when I wake up tomorrow, which being in the heart of over populated central New Jersey, I have an EB Games, GameStop, Target, Sears & WalMart all within a quarter mile of each other. I figure chances are one of those places will have it.

If not, I just wait to next week or the week after. I am not dying to have a Wii, but I am definitely interested in getting one eventually. I may even just hold off and wait until X-Mas, really have to see.

I just truly think there is not going to be the madness there has been, not even close, to any of the other console launches. So I think getting one is going to be easier than a lot of people think. Hopefully I am wrong for Nintendo's sake, I would love just for them that every console on launch day sells out because I cannot help but think Nintendo has and still does care first and foremost about fun gaming. However I am thinking it is going to be a matter of just walking into any given place tomorrow at 11AM and walking out with one.

EDIT - Actually, I will probably try to go tonight at like 11-11:30 to WalMart and see what is up. Why not, it is saturday night.

EDIT 2 - Actually I just called my local WalMart. The guy said he could not tell me how many they were getting. They went on to say they should have about 30. He then said he could not tell me what time they were selling them, and then went on to say it should be at 12 or 1. :rofl: For a guy who could not tell me anything, he told me a lot. So it looks like i might have been wrong. 30 is not much at all. But this WalMart is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but not really, so we will see.

FINAL EDIT Well, it appears as if now I am not getting a Nintendo Wii at all. Long story short, my GF whom I have lived with for the past 5 years, does not approve. :laugh: So I have to wait a little longer.

Wow, the Best Buy near me is getting a LOT more than what some of you guys said. I guess there is a reason for people to camp out in some cities. I saw a guy camping out for the Wii Friday at Circuit City. He looked lonely...

I've asked before and I'll ask again; what first-gen hardware issues has Nintendo ever had?

Well, my NES gave me fits trying to get games to start up, but that was 20 years ago... :p

FINAL EDIT Well, it appears as if now I am not getting a Nintendo Wii at all. Long story short, my GF whom I have lived with for the past 5 years, does not approve. :laugh: So I have to wait a little longer.

i can hear the whip :p

Eh, just tell her it has rumble :p

I just got a call from my local gamestop informing that that my preorder for the Wii & stuff is all in, and I'll be able to pick it up tommorow at 9:00......

So, I don't think I need to camp out.

I just got a call from my local gamestop informing that that my preorder for the Wii & stuff is all in, and I'll be able to pick it up tommorow at 9:00......

So, I don't think I need to camp out.

i got a call from toysrus yesterday telling me i can come in an hour before the store opens so i can have first pick on games and accessories :) i get to walk in front of the lines :)

im gonna go to walmart here in a little while and see if they'll finally tell me how many they have. i got a "more than 50" answer last night. and there's still around 30 or 40 poeple in line as of about five hours ago.

I don't work today, but I just called my work and they said there's absolutely nobody lining up for the Wii. Looks like I've got a good chance of getting one tomorrow! I'm so psyched!