Gears of War Official Thread

I just saw the HD game level videos from www.teamxbox.com and it is so smooth not even laggy like some other games that don't have no where near the level of graphics detail. GOD waiting till Thursday is gonna be torture!!!!!!!

We didn't get our Gears of War in today! :cry: One of my co-workers drove to another EBGames about 20 minutes away and picked one up -- I guess for some reason some stores didn't get it and/or didn't get Call of Duty 3. So I had to tell ALL my customers that we'd have it tomorrow morning (which we will) and they were ****ed! DM says because of how far away we are from the warehouse (in California, I live in New Jersey), and depending on our district and region, some of us got them, some didn't. Real lame if ya ask me, sounds like someone messed up somewhere :pinch:

But what I played of my friend's copy -- it's pretty cool so far...still waiting to play more to give my final opinion

We didn't get our Gears of War in today! :cry: One of my co-workers drove to another EBGames about 20 minutes away and picked one up -- I guess for some reason some stores didn't get it and/or didn't get Call of Duty 3. So I had to tell ALL my customers that we'd have it tomorrow morning (which we will) and they were ****ed! DM says because of how far away we are from the warehouse (in California, I live in New Jersey), and depending on our district and region, some of us got them, some didn't. Real lame if ya ask me, sounds like someone messed up somewhere :pinch:

But what I played of my friend's copy -- it's pretty cool so far...still waiting to play more to give my final opinion

Yeah, I called up my local EBGames and they asked if I had a preorder. When I said no they told me I should try again tomorrow morning.

-Spenser

This is hands down the best game I have EVER played. So much fun with a friend, so much fun on a big screen high def and the BEST PART!

NO LAG! I think the only time it's lost a frame or two is when I won't put down the Turret Guns :D

I love you Epic!

Just really not sure what else to say other than what has already been said. The game is absolutely amazing. Truly an engaging experience.

I am playing the single player campaign on Hardcore, and I have died an insane amount of times. Probably close to 50 times already. Not even kidding. It is truly a challenging game, but that is what makes is so damn good. You definitely have to think.

The control scheme is something marvelous. It no doubt takes a little getting used to, but it really is ingenious how it what designed. I am close to it being second nature, but admittedly not quite there just yet.

My friend has not gotten his copy yet, but I am truly dying to try out the CoOp. I literally can only imagine right now how great it is going to be. If someone reads this in the next 10 minutes, and wants to play some for about a half an hour (I have to go to sleep), by all means send me the invite for some CoOp.

I hopped on Multiplayer for about a half an hour about thirty minutes after playing some single player. Besides absolutely getting my ass handed to me in every imaginable fashion (I was honestly "P0WN3D" way to many times to count), I really could not get over the fact that I was online. It runs just as smooth as the single player game does in every regard. The only indication that I was online was the fact I heard voices and had teammates. The online experience is in all regards as smooth as can be.

Epic really know what they are doing.

I believe if I can pull myself away from the 360 long enough this weekend, I am going to do a in depth review of the game. We will see, as I very well might just be playing it instead of writing about it.

To anyone who still does not have it, I feel for you, I do, but I can say with all sincerity it will be worth whatever wait you have.

Im working on getting tomorrow, but definitely by Thursday I shall have my game, and damn have fun larry ill see you online soon enough man.

Well just to make sure we do catch each other online, I just sent you a friend invite. ;)

So far I have been able to get two kills in about 40 minutes of playing online. I suck. :rofl:

EDIT - 4 More Kills since I posted. Slowly getting the hang of it.

At first, even though I was still planning on buying this game, I had a bad feeling in the back of my mind that MS might be pulling another PDZ (no way that many reviewers thought that game was 9/10 when so many gamers didn't like the game at all), but you guys have put all my worries to rest. I didn't get a chance to pick up the game today or even check to see if any stores around here had it, but I'll be at Best Buy tomorrow morning for this one. (Y)

Now I just have to decide how much time I can put into Single player/Co-op campaign while getting some practice with the online multiplayer so I can be ready for some Neowin player matches this weekend. We have to get something set up sometime this weekend.

My friend had to go to sleep and now I feel empty without my Wingman. I cannot continue to play GoW without my buddy :(.

If there is anyone that just got to the vehicle/UV light level, please pm me and maybe we can play some co-op, although my buddy will be major mad If I do that to him. I've already played this game 6 hours today (most games i'll play 30 mins, and hit the guide button,then press y,) so maybe i should just put it down for the rest of the night. I have a feeling I'm going to be dreaming Gears of War tonight. Hardcore difficulty is hardcore, cannot wait to try out 'Insane'. 7/49 achievements so far too.

The chainsaw is NEVER going to get old......

I'm completely serious, if you own a 360, you NEED to play/buy this game. This is THE game of the year, hands down. Nothing is gonna touch this for months, maybe even a whole year. Non-stop action, full on High Definition graphics and a lagless experience. I haven't even seen a single load time either. It truly cannot get any better than this (for now).