Your opinion on the Cinema Displays

So I've got an imac core duo 17-inch. Awesome machine, loving every bit of it.

Front Row + remote is cool and all, but unless you've got a big display, it's still something of a novelty. So I plan to also use my imac as an entertainment "hub" (that's a popular word these days), where watching DVDs and HD content is just as enjoyable as using OS X for anything else. I know when my children return from overseas they'll probably enjoy the larger screen anyway.

So I'm planning on getting an Apple Cinema Display as a secondary display, 23-inch *minimum.*

What are your opinions on these babies? They come with a hefty price tag, but if I'm getting superior quality the price isn't a big deal, although I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks. AFAIK Dell also offers large displays, for example, at lower prices, but I'd like to stick with Apple if I can (a name I've always trusted) unless there's a compelling reason not to.

Comments? Suggetions? Flames? *Yes, I don't mind getting flamed, if you absolutely must. I love a good flamewar, they've grown on me around here. As long as there is no vulgarity, it's all good.*

minimum? you can't power anything larger than a 23-24".

I'd go for a Dell 24" over an Apple 23"

My Dell 24" has been incredible, and has a 4 year warranty. And is about ?300 cheaper than the Apple one.

minimum? you can't power anything larger than a 23-24".

I'd go for a Dell 24" over an Apple 23"

My Dell 24" has been incredible, and has a 4 year warranty. And is about ?300 cheaper than the Apple one.

what do you mean he cant power it?

I use a 20" Cinema Display for use with Flash at college, and I absolutely love it. Not too big, not too small -- It's just right. It's so hard to go back to my little 14" iBook when I get home. That's precisely why I just bought a 20" iMac on Friday, which shipped last night.

ACD's are beautiful. The colors are sharp, vivid, and bright. You won't be disappointed no matter what size you get.

I think in terms of style the ACD's streak ahead of anything else, but in terms of price and size/features, you're better off going with a Dell. It's the metallic enclosure that holds them back; it looks fantastic but it's too pricey.