• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Best 32" HD TV for under

Bobster    0

Hey guys, I've recently been looking around for a nice TV to go in my lounge and have come across what I think is a really good TV for an excellent price. It's the Sony Bravia KDL32U2000U. I've been on Pricerunner and PriceGrabber to find the cheapest price and I've found that to be ?656.99 from https://secure.121electricals.com.

Now before I go ahead and ask for it for Christmas, I'd like to know other fellow Neowin members' opinions of this TV or other HDTVs for under ?700 (at least 32" in size)

So if this TV isn't quite the best, what is the best 32" or above TV you could buy for under ?700?

Many thanks in advance!:) :)

bangbang023    31

That's actually a very nice set, though the one HDMI input is a bit limiting. Unfortunately, the UK equivalent of the Samsung set I would recommend also only has 1 HDMI, so I guess it's a regional thing unless you're willing to spend a 100 pounds more or so.

bangbang023    31

It's a nice set and comparable to the sony you listed. In the states, the model number is LN-S3241D (just in case you're looking for reviews).

Rogo    0

Just get one for ?400 :cool::

bangbang023    31

Just get one for ?400 :cool::

Some people actually want a half decent set.

Bobster    0

It's a nice set and comparable to the sony you listed. In the states, the model number is LN-S3241D (just in case you're looking for reviews).

Thanks a lot mate, just been looking around the net for reviews and that TV is looking very very nice at the moment!! I think I'm probably going to go for that one.

Baptist    0

Sharp TV

560 pounds

My parents have the 26" edition and it is awesome :shiftyninja:

but is is HD-ready not full HD

Syphonic    0
but is is HD-ready not full HD

Huh? HD-ready means it's a high def set surley?

bangbang023    31

That site's description of the HD Ready sounds like Sony PR more than anything else. It's a fully HD set, don't worry.

Kerm    51

Yeah, HD ready usually means it can run at 720, but not the full 1080 resolution.

bangbang023    31

Yeah, HD ready usually means it can run at 720, but not the full 1080 resolution.

HD Ready should, when used properly, mean that the set is capable of receiving OTA HD without the use of a set top box. I don't know when this "full resolution" nonsense was appended to the definition, but it hasn't always meant that. For the past 3 years of working with home theater, I've always seen it as HD Capabale meaning no tuner and HD Ready meaning the tuner is built in.

Sleeper    2

The Samsung LE32N73BD is a nice set and comes with 2 HDMI inputs but would take you slightly over your ?700... im sure I saw it listed for ?730 last week somewhere but cant find the link no mor:(:(

Syphonic    0

To dig this up again, Samsung LE32R74BDX can be found for as little as ?599 at the moment since it's about to be discontinued.

Lt-DavidW    2

How's this LG flat panel, for just under ?600?

DrCheese    103

To dig this up again, Samsung LE32R74BDX can be found for as little as ?599 at the moment since it's about to be discontinued.

it is? whats it going to be replaced by?

bangbang023    31

Yeah, I'd love to know where he got such information. Generally, sets aren't discontinued until the new models are ready to hit the market in april/may.

torrentthief    313

check hotukdeals.com

there are some 37" lcd's for about ?700.