XNA Video Montage #1 is ready for you!

XNA Video Montage #1 is ready for you!

I see my cohort Major Nelson has beaten me to the punch in publishing our little XNA Video Montage. This is really an amazing 2 minute video of real XNA-based games running on both Windows and the Xbox 360. The video opens showcasing a few cool community games. In the video, you'll see the Blobbit Dash game from Cheeky's site, Sharky's Air Legends, and Particle Wars. Then we shift into gears with the Culture demo, which is slated to be a future starter kit. This was the game that really knocked people out at GDC 2006 (and a very family friendly game to boot!). That is followed by Pocket Jongg (another starter kit coming) and the mesmerizing Pickture. Then we shift into high gear showcasing Garage Game's two ventures. The first is a quick peek at Marble Blast Ultra, which was migrated to XNA from the original Torque Engine in just a couple of weeks. Then you see the amazing "drag and drop" abilities of TorqueX, which is the venerable Torque Engine, reenginered for XNA. Really amazing work by a great team of developers whose single-minded focus is helping you build great games REALLY fast. We then shift to Spacewar, our flagship game and homage to the game that started the entire industry. Finally, we cap it with the big surprise, the "XNA Racer" starter kit, coming with the 1.0 release to Creators Club subscribers. Crafted by Benjamin "Benny" Nitschke and his skillful team at exDream Entertainment, you are transported to an amazing racing game that is jaw-droppingly complete.

There you have it. 2 minutes + 10 games = Sexy XNA goodness!

P.S. -- Notice my title says "Video Montage _#1_"? We will make more. Oh, yes, we will. Want your game to be there? Just let me know!

P.P.S. -- Here's an interesting tidbit for you: The XNA Racer game is actually the first 1080p Xbox 360 game that we've shown off!

[Zune Video] Download the video (WMV)

Source: LetsKillDave

Ah, very nicee! Great success!

yeah, that's why we rule BIG TIME! :p ;)

Erm, that Tank Buster game/utility, how did the coder add the Windows Controls to the main window? Or are they custom controls?

that was done using TorqueX from GarageGames, it's a drag&drop engine/development enviroment.

you can do a lot of neat tricks with it and if you want to go a lil deeper you can move some things around to XNA GSE and modify whatever you want line by line... :happy: :yes:

XNA looks pretty neat and that racing game at the end looked very beautiful.

I've always wanted to design a video game...not exactly program it, cos I have no interest in that, but design the overall looks of the game.

XNA looks pretty neat and that racing game at the end looked very beautiful.

I've always wanted to design a video game...not exactly program it, cos I have no interest in that, but design the overall looks of the game.

:laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: OMG I just saw your sig, it's like a "guess what wrong here" with you, isn't it?! :p :laugh:

:rolleyes: "Gears of ######"...genius!

:laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: OMG I just saw your sig, it's like a "guess what wrong here" with you, isn't it?! :p :laugh:

:rolleyes: "Gears of ######"...genius!

I keepz it real, yo.