Intel CPU uCode loading error

First off, my rig:

ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe motherboard

Kingston KVR667D2N5K2/1G RAM

Intel 630 Prescott 3.0GHz 800Mhz FSB HT processor

(2) Western Digital 75Gb SATA Caviar hdds w/RAID0

WinXP Pro

Sapphire RADEON x850 Pro video card

I've RMA'd literally every part of this computer. The BIOS revision on the MB is 1001, which I believe is the most recent that ASUS has released, at least it should be since I got this board direct from ASUS. I'd first like to fix this uCode loading error, then we can move on to more interesting issues.

Ideas?

/edit/ Altered for easier reading. :) /edit/

Edited by JonnyPickel

Update your BIOS.

Edit: Doh, you said you think you have the latest. I missed that part somehow. Double check, that usually fixes it.

Update: Latest bios can be downloaded here: ftp://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket...uxe/Ldd0603.zip

P5LD2 Deluxe BIOS 0603

Do not use old version Afudos.exe to flash BIOS. Must use new Afudos(2.21) or later revision to flash BIOS.

Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at : http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

Update your BIOS.

Edit: Doh, you said you think you have the latest. I missed that part somehow. Double check, that usually fixes it.

Update: Latest bios can be downloaded here: ftp://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket...uxe/Ldd0603.zip

First, the file you linked won't work for me. Second, during POST my BIOS lables itself as revision 1001, the highest number I can find on the ASUS Support site you linked is 0705. As I said, I RMA'd a different board and got upgraded to this model by ASUS directly, I didn't get the board I have now through retail, so I'm fairly certain that I have the most up to date BIOS.

Unless I'm reading everything wrong, which is a distinct possiblity.

Why wont the one I linked to work? It's for the board you said you have. ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe, unless I'M reading something wrong.

Also, don't expect motherboards to come from the manufacturers up to date as that's frequently not the case. Plus, even if they were up to date at the time it was made, who knows how long that particular board sat on a shelf before it was sold.

Why wont the one I linked to work? It's for the board you said you have. ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe, unless I'M reading something wrong.

Also, don't expect motherboards to come from the manufacturers up to date as that's frequently not the case. Plus, even if they were up to date at the time it was made, who knows how long that particular board sat on a shelf before it was sold.

The link itself doesn't work. It pulls up an error page.

And my BIOS revision number is still higher than the revisions offered on the website, where ASUS claims you should have the highest number available.

Can you say what the microcode error message is?

Sounds like the microcode on the board is older than the one in the CPU, so you might want to reprogram the PROM.

Make sure that the board is actually the one the BIOS says it is, check for details on the board itself (human error).

Try with the latest official BIOS version availible at the manufacturer's site.

That will assure that the latest microcode is availible, since Intel refers to CPUs with old microcode as "operating outside specifications".

AWs everyone should know, CPUs operating outside specifications are not supported by the manufacturer.

It's up to the motherboard manufacturer to add the latest microcodes from CPU manufacturer, because doing it yourself can render the board useless.

If the CPU still fails with the latest microcode, then it's the CPU manufacturer's problem.

Once you've done that, reset the configuration using the jumpers to be sure that it's all set to default.

Contact your board manufacturer if you're not sure about upgrading the BIOS.

Ehm, I think that 1001 is the board revision, not bios revision. BIOS update will 100% definately solve that problem, I've read about that on dozen forums. Even had that problem myself too, and guess what solved it? ;)