• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Logo Comp -

Question

badger face    7

I need a logo for a new guitar tool. The problem is, i don't have a name for it yet!!! I am hoping if i give you my ideas you can choose one and make a logo, then i can pick the name based on the best logo.

Heavenly Guitar

Guitar Ammo

Oh and don't use a picture of a guitar in the logo because they always look rubbish.

Just an "awesome" looking logo with some wow factor. Modern look, attractive, not TOO simple. I will comment on logos to give guidance along the way.

Also, if you're interested, possible further graphics design later including website design for winner as a future possibility.

backdrifter    13

well here is an idea. expecting feedback...

post-127663-1163199216.jpg

badger face    7

errrr to be honest i can't really make it out. whats is it??? i kinda need the words in it

backdrifter    13

sorry mate, too much abstraction I guess :blush:

it's the front hole of a guitar with strings passing in front of it...

Pixelised    0

I know you said no guitars, but I couldn't resist....

Guitar1.jpg

Guitar2.jpg

...however I also came up with something else whilst I was there...

Guitar3.jpg

Guitar4.jpg

...hope you like it. Feedback appreciated.

Edited by Pixelised

badger face    7

Ok but like i said, don't have a guitar in it because it never looks good. although that guitar isnt too bad, i still dont like it. Also its acoustic so implies its not for electric guitar, and an electirc would have the opposite effect when infact it is for both, and also 4-string bass guitar

I am kinda hoping someone can do heavenly guitar with some sort of HEAVEN reference, and my probably-favourite choice guitar ammo with some sort of AMMUNITION reference. like a box of shotgun shells or something. your the creative guys though, over to you!

Rasher    0

The problem is, i don't have a name for it yet!!! I am hoping if i give you my ideas you can choose one and make a logo, then i can pick the name based on the best logo.

Heavenly Guitar

Guitar Ammo

Oh and don't use a picture of a guitar in the logo because they always look rubbish.

Just an "awesome" looking logo with some wow factor. Modern look, attractive, not TOO simple. I will comment on logos to give guidance along the way.

Also, if you're interested, possible further graphics design later including website design for winner as a future possibility.

Its quite hard to make a logo if there is no name.

Also quite hard to do that if your looking to make it for a guitar place

although i have tried, really quick one. What colour scheme do you want

guitarammocopydb0.th.jpg

Edited by Rasher

»X«    1

What is this tool? What does it do?

Rasher    0

another one.. very similar to the last one cept a few guitar pics

guitarammogpickspf6.th.jpg

Pixelised    0

How's this?...

Guitar5.jpg

badger face    7

Its quite hard to make a logo if there is no name.

Also quite hard to do that if your looking to make it for a guitar place

although i have tried, really quick one. What colour scheme do you want

guitarammocopydb0.th.jpg

Well i do have a name, just, 2 names! Looking for your designs to help me narrow it to 1. Any colour scheme is OK, although preferably anything other than the colours you chose, as my one other guitar tool is black and red! biazarre co-incidence, but it doesn't really matter just a preference.

I actually like this, with the 2nd version though - pretty good! Good use of ammo. I wonder if it would still look cool if the G was a bit smaller, so the rest of the text was a bit easier to read when in small dimensions?

The one directly above, the text is too hard to read and the shotgun shell itself is a bit over-powering compared to the text.

Keep them coming though, we're making good progress! I'd still like to see some machine guns or something like an 'arsenal' for Ammo, and some cloud/halo related version for Heaven. Thanks for your work so far

By the way, i really like most of the graphics here: http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=510177 i like the 'flash' look.

Pixelised    0

The cartridge tweaked...

Guitar6.jpg

...and a heavenly one...

Guitar7.jpg

...i'll work on that more later.

Drumr    0

i did these quickly and while playing around i just kinda migrated twords a rugged looking logo.

i usually do more professional/modern kinda stuff, so if thats more whats wanted, than thats not a problem(look at the OP it seems thats the case).

ill do a "heavenly guitar" one to, probably more modern.

also... what colors are you looking for?

will the name be placed on the red/black tool itself? will this just be for packaging?

what colors do you feel go well with black/red that arent black/red?

EDIT: new logo added

(now that i see it shrunk, TBH it dosent do it justice... the lkarge version un-watermarked is much much nicer.)

post-186966-1163285734.png

post-186966-1163286056.png

post-186966-1163287568.png

Edited by Drumr

Rasher    0

Brushed guitarammoproperchromeju5.th.jpg

Another one guitarammochromefg7.th.jpg

I can change the Size of the G as needed

Black and Blue guitarammoblacklq4.th.jpg

Edited by Rasher

badger face    7

i did these quickly and while playing around i just kinda migrated twords a rugged looking logo.

i usually do more professional/modern kinda stuff, so if thats more whats wanted, than thats not a problem(look at the OP it seems thats the case).

ill do a "heavenly guitar" one to, probably more modern.

also... what colors are you looking for?

will the name be placed on the red/black tool itself? will this just be for packaging?

what colors do you feel go well with black/red that arent black/red?

EDIT: new logo added

(now that i see it shrunk, TBH it dosent do it justice... the lkarge version un-watermarked is much much nicer.)

I don't know what you're talking about with the red/black thing - i think you read what i said wrong. Anything other than those colours would be good!

I think i am going to go with the name GUITAR AMMO - i do like pixeliseds 2 logos, i like the shotgun shell better now that it is smaller and the writing is more clear, although it still doesnt look like it's "the one", i think because the writing isn't in the middle... the shell hangs off the side i think thats what it is... i dont know. maybe try a side shot so the writing goes along the length?

I still like Rasher's effort, but i dont really like the G, in fact it's really only the buttel hole that makes it look cool. I think maybe a rifle or something for the t in guitar is just asking to be made! chuck as much weaponary stuff in as you can guys!

Rasher    0

with another font :p

guitarammoblackalbaqj9.th.jpg

badger face    7

Hey again - sorry for being a complete idiot, but i've developed the tool into something much bigger and so i've changed my mind and dont like either names.

Here's what my plan is: there will be 3 tools - the main one is "Guitar Assault", and then there is also "Guitar Medics" and "Guitar Assault Course". I will pay ?20 / $35 for each logo. They don't have to look similar so i could accept one from 2 different people - but i want a military theme for each of them. AND NO PICTURES OF GUITARS! I just want a very modern flashy logo. This is definately the plan sorry to muck you guys around i wont be changing my mind again i already have the websites now so no changing it.

So total prize money now ?60 / $105

Edited by badger face

Drumr    0

i know what you said but i based this off what you linked to earlier... its a glossy modern kinda logo for "guitar medics"

i will start work on a military themed logo now

EDIT: added military themed logo

post-186966-1163305433.png

post-186966-1163305454.png

Edited by Drumr

Rasher    0

Not really modern but meh.. i am quite annoyed that it has been changed, but it is your desision

gmedicscopygl4.jpg

gmedicsredcrossreflectiv4.jpg

Edited by Rasher

Rasher    0
mangunpv2.jpg

Pox    0

My first attempt, what do you think? Going for a simple, professional look.

guitarmedics.png

And by the way, Rasher, did you create all the images you used (i.e. the guns, the cross, the bullets, the green face)? If not, you need to check the copyright on them before you post them as your work.

badger face    7

Hey guys - good work! These are much better.

Drumr - I like these. The guitar assault is good, but i think the text is looking a little bit flat, and might look better with a very small colour fade just towards the bottom of the letters, to make them look a bit more alive. I could be wrong, but they just look a bit flat at the mo. I like it though. I also like the medics, it's very good

Rasher - The first 2 are OK, although i am assuming those aren't your images they look like theyv been taken from a computer game. The idea is OK, but i'm not too sure about the alteratin of 2 letters alone, that are next to each other, looks a bit random. I guess i just prefer the other ideas sorry. The guitar assault course one is pretty funny. I think i'd prefer a slightly more serious/pro looking one, but we'll see what other people come up with!

Pox - Awesome, i love it! If the guitar outline was a little more 'correct' i think this might just be perfect! Perhaps maybe the text itself could be a little different, i dont know how, but maybe have a play around with the text now you know i love the original!

Thanks everyone keep them coming. I will be picking winners when the entries dry up or next week

Pixelised    0

Here's another entry from me. More to follow later...

Guitar8.jpg

...oh btw, did you look at the revised cartridge entry?

backdrifter    13

a few more tries, all colors can be altered. :)

by the way I loved pox's work...

continued...

and the third one...

post-127663-1163340035_thumb.jpg

post-127663-1163340174_thumb.jpg

post-127663-1163340219_thumb.jpg

Drumr    0

i nixed the busy background in favor for a solid color to avoid it becoming to busy, it can still go back to the camo look but i made the text and gun pop more.

post-186966-1163356694.png

badger face    7

Sorry backdrifter not really liking them.

Drumr thats much better, looks pretty cool. I did like the idea of a camo background, maybe if the scale was a lot bigger it wouldn't clash too much (so the patchy marks on the background are generally bigger). I think i am going to have the camo theme running throughout the 3 tools, so it would be good to incorporate it into this logo - unless you did it for the lettering instead? hmmm... who knows.

pixelised, quite a cool logo but a bit obvious, and to be honest i dont like it as much as Pox's effort. I wonder also what Pox's logo would look like if there was a very feint red camo texture to the red cross...?

keep it up, still only the one entry for Guitar Assault Course - if someone had an idea for a logo that was a bit time-consuming for just ?20, if you could show me the idea i might be able to stretch to a bit more if it looked super-promising. I mean, making a mini-assault course out of the words "Guitar Assault Course" would be cool but pretty hard and time consuming, but if it could be done well then i'd pay a bit extra