Logo Comp -

Question

I need a logo for a new guitar tool. The problem is, i don't have a name for it yet!!! I am hoping if i give you my ideas you can choose one and make a logo, then i can pick the name based on the best logo.

Heavenly Guitar

Guitar Ammo

Oh and don't use a picture of a guitar in the logo because they always look rubbish.

Just an "awesome" looking logo with some wow factor. Modern look, attractive, not TOO simple. I will comment on logos to give guidance along the way.

Also, if you're interested, possible further graphics design later including website design for winner as a future possibility.

The medic is better now. But could you not make it 10% smaller instead of chopping so much neck off? You can move the guitar down a couple more millimetres it just needed a tiny bit more on the original. if u cant not to worry its good enough as it is but i think thatd make it perfect.

I like the 2nd idea better with the camo circle but don't really like the abstract-looking shape of the guitar... i dont know what to suggest about that though, just not that!

thanks for your efforts

If I make the guitar shape any smaller it wouldn't be large enough to be noticeable on the overall logo, and wouldn't cover the bottom part of the cross - I could manually fix that, but it wouldn't have the same effect.

And I was going for an 'assaulted guitar' with the weird shape... :pinch:

And a couple more concepts for guitar assault, I'm trying to keep it simple and flexible:

guitarassault2.png

Edited by Pox

well it just kinda works in these2. Generally they look rubbish.

Pox - if you dont want to change the size of the guitar on Medic anymore, can you please just move the body of the guitar down a tiny bit (halfway inbetween where it is now,and the original version) to make the neck a tiny bit longer? then it will be perfect, and u win the medic!

The guitar assault is looking good too - but i think it definately needs something. it looks better in the original than with just a standard guitar, but i think it might look cool with a couple of bullet-straps over the guitar in an X formation - commando style! worth a try - you could make a last-minute clean sweep here. are you any good at web design?

I did make all my camo (in photoshop) and I can make however much anyone could possibly need... I.E., to any scale.

there needs to be 3 designs and you didnt want them all to be alike, you might as well choose 3 different people, or choose elements from each and combine them as long as your paying the people who created it... like that cool guitar/gun hybrid that pox did and my text ideas? (i'd be happy to work with you on that)

also... speaking of questioning whether or not parts of images are original, did pixelised make those soldier pictures? what about those tank pictures? the rocket picture? just curious.

All the images I use are completely and utterly royalty free, I stringently check that before using them. Some of the images are in fact taken from free (personal and commercial use) font files.

I was not doubting that you created the camo, what I was saying is that if it is created in Photoshop, it is a raster image (made up of pixels) and therefore not scalable. Whereas the same image created in say Illustrator would be a vector (made of lines and curves) and therefore completely scalable without loss of quality/distortion.

A true logo should be in vector format, regardless of what it is for. (In my opinion anyway)

That's all well and good, but often it is difficult, if not damn near impossible to create a vector that exacty matches your raster image, especially if it is effect heavy.

IMO it's better to learn the vector software of your choice and create them there from the off. That way you will gain a lot of experience and get faster as you progress. In fact, with enough practise, you should be able to create a vector image almost as fast as a raster.

That's all well and good, but often it is difficult, if not damn near impossible to create a vector that exacty matches your raster image, especially if it is effect heavy.

IMO it's better to learn the vector software of your choice and create them there from the off. That way you will gain a lot of experience and get faster as you progress. In fact, with enough practise, you should be able to create a vector image almost as fast as a raster.

That's the thing - a logo should be nice-looking and suitable even when it is not effect-heavy - if it doesn't look any good in plain black on white, it's not very flexible.

-----------------

Okay, here's the tweak:

guitarmedics5_000.png

With the bullet straps:

guitarassault3.png

And yeah, I do web design - I can PM you links to a few things I've done if you want.

That's the thing - a logo should be nice-looking and suitable even when it is not effect-heavy - if it doesn't look any good in plain black on white, it's not very flexible.

-----------------

Okay, here's the tweak:

guitarmedics5_000.png

With the bullet straps:

guitarassault3.png

And yeah, I do web design - I can PM you links to a few things I've done if you want.

Thanks, the Medic is now perfect (although please drop the S so it reads 'guitar medic'), so you have won that one. sorry everyone else! There were a lot of submitions so i'm grateful for all your hard work. I also want Pox's guitar assault course, and possibly guitar assault too, but i am also liking some other peoples' ideas, so i am planning on making offers for a few of these graphics, so that i can have some different images dotted around the website.

Pox - sorry i didnt explain it properly, i meant the bullet straps wrapped around the guitar itself as opposed to the background, as i think that would look cool if you could do it properly, although pretty difficult i think to look right, so they hang properly. if its impossible then maybe just 1 strap over one of the guitars shoulders.. Anyways, sure please PM links to web work you've done.

Everyone else, feel free to have a stab at guitar assault before it's too late!

Pixelised thanks for all of your contribitions, i don't think i like any of the ideas enough for them to actually win, but i do have my eye on a couple of yours that i might make you an offer for when the compo is over. So expect a PM from me soon. Drumr can also expect a PM

Okay, had a rethink and I am going for something a little different....

GuitarNew2.jpg

...colour twist...

GuitarNew3.jpg

...and just one more for luck...

GuitarNew4.jpg

...hope you like it. Feedback appreciated.

Edited by Pixelised

They're pretty cool but i prefer Pox's design. The one i like the most of yours is the Tank - but could you maybe either use a different tank or do something to the existing one to make the turret point the other way so that it does not protude so much out the site - it would look better as a logo if the words were more central and at the moment the turret ..is jus stickin out too much. Also, i think i prefer it in the original grey colour, but would you be able to try putting some grey camo on it like you did with the khaki camo. That'd be great! thanks

i agree with Pox, a logo should look good in black and white. About 90% of all fortune 500 company logos are either 1 or 2 color logos. Gradients do not print well depending on the media to be printed, and gradients cannot be embroidered. So if you company does well, and hits the big times you won't be able to put it on a shirt or a hat which is a big consideration for a corportate company.

my 2 cents, and pox's design is excellent. I don't usualy root for the competion, Joe does hahaha

i agree with Pox, a logo should look good in black and white. About 90% of all fortune 500 company logos are either 1 or 2 color logos. Gradients do not print well depending on the media to be printed, and gradients cannot be embroidered. So if you company does well, and hits the big times you won't be able to put it on a shirt or a hat which is a big consideration for a corportate company.

my 2 cents, and pox's design is excellent. I don't usualy root for the competion, Joe does hahaha

There's not a lot of Pox's stuff I don't like :p He's WAY better now than a few months ago though IMO, seeing much much nicer stuff. I think there's only been one logo thread he's entered and hasn't really made me drool over his entry xD

Thanks, the Medic is now perfect (although please drop the S so it reads 'guitar medic'), so you have won that one. sorry everyone else! There were a lot of submitions so i'm grateful for all your hard work. I also want Pox's guitar assault course, and possibly guitar assault too, but i am also liking some other peoples' ideas, so i am planning on making offers for a few of these graphics, so that i can have some different images dotted around the website.

Pox - sorry i didnt explain it properly, i meant the bullet straps wrapped around the guitar itself as opposed to the background, as i think that would look cool if you could do it properly, although pretty difficult i think to look right, so they hang properly. if its impossible then maybe just 1 strap over one of the guitars shoulders.. Anyways, sure please PM links to web work you've done.

Everyone else, feel free to have a stab at guitar assault before it's too late!

Pixelised thanks for all of your contribitions, i don't think i like any of the ideas enough for them to actually win, but i do have my eye on a couple of yours that i might make you an offer for when the compo is over. So expect a PM from me soon. Drumr can also expect a PM

Okay, I'll send you a PM... I dunno about wrapping the straps around the guitar, it's just going to get too complex... I think it's complicated enough as it is.

the concept is nice, but the guitar looks a bit off

If you actually read the thread, you'll notice the 5 revisions I posted fixing the shape. ;)

OK, here you go....

GuitarTank.jpg

...oh and one tweaked to bring the turret in a little...

GuitarTank1.jpg

Hi,

sorry for the slight delay. Can you make the camo more transparent so that it is more subtle? I like the original flat grey but it'd look cool with a very slight camo texture i think.

If there are no more entries for Guitar Assault, i will be picking a winner in the next 24 hours or so.

Thanks everyone, some great work

hey pox, any chance u can take ur original guitar assault logo and instead of the random slicing, make a rifle-shaped cut out coming from the base of the guitar - pointing towards the top. think thatd work

hey pox, any chance u can take ur original guitar assault logo and instead of the random slicing, make a rifle-shaped cut out coming from the base of the guitar - pointing towards the top. think thatd work

I'll give it a shot tomorrow.