How fast is vista in your pc

amd x2 3800+ @ 2.3ghz, 1 GB RAM, Radeon x300,

doesn't run too bad, but it eats ram pretty fast, even after turning off some services, i need more ram, and DEFINITELY a new video card lol,

Well all I know is that my friend's Sapphire x1600 Pro isn't very good in any of the OSes with any drivers. And yes, that is the exact model of the card. So from a personal experience account, I believe that instead of the reviews.

The XT is different from the Pro, it's a higher class of performance.

Mine is fast, bootup quick, and very responsive, opening applications very quickly, etc

Maybe because I just upgrade to DualCore with 1 Gb DDR2..so...

(still using RC2 - can't wait to use RTM)

The XT is different from the Pro, it's a higher class of performance.

That I know, but nowhere else in this thread is the x1600xt mentioned other than in your post. KoL said he was running an x1600Pro which is also what my friend was using, so therefore my comments were directly relevant. I was just trying to come up with an explanation as to why his computer might be loading Vista slowly. My friend has similar problems in every operating system he has tried except XP really, and even there it has quirks.

I only have RC1 running under VMWare (virtualized with 512MB of RAM), and even then it's fast, bit slow on some things (considering how it's setup), but still quite snappy.

AMD64 X2 4400+ 2mb cache (2.2ghz)

2gb Ram

well i must say before i installed it i thought it would be a bit sluggish but i was wrong, its very fast it even installs some programs faster than it did in xp

just ashame i cant set my res to 1440 x 900

its a little blurry at 1280 x 10124 on my widescreen monitor :(

AMD64 X2 4400+ 2mb cache (2.2ghz)

2gb Ram

well i must say before i installed it i thought it would be a bit sluggish but i was wrong, its very fast it even installs some programs faster than it did in xp

just ashame i cant set my res to 1440 x 900

its a little blurry at 1280 x 10124 on my widescreen monitor :(

Vista is ****.. Look at this guy, can't have 1440x900 which i can, but my dual screens are totally fuc0rzing, when it runs perfect for my other friend.. What the hell is that?

Its hard to say. Using a phrase "fast as hell" doesnt make sense. As far as I am concerned its running like a good install of xp. Nothing more. Im not blown away. Gaming is the same also, which no noticable increase or decrease in FPS.

Vista feels a lot faster to me than XP for some reason. Maybe Vista is just my placebo, but I like it nevertheless.

Games? that I cant tell until nvidia releases some descent drivers.

Vista feels a lot faster to me than XP for some reason. Maybe Vista is just my placebo, but I like it nevertheless.

Same. It seems to be a lot faster than XP for me.

Same. It seems to be a lot faster than XP for me.

Yup...a whole lot faster for me too! ;)

It sucks on mine. :no:

I mean, it runs but not as fast as it would on a better machine. But then again, my CPU is not exactly the best. Vista lasted 10 minutes on my laptop. Back to XP.

I have a Core processor with 2gigs of ram and Windows XP MCE and it felt slugish at times (especially MCE). MCE uses like 400mb of compared to Vista using 550+ but everything is much more responsive in Vista. I click on a program and in less then 2sec its open. Vista in my opinion is a much faster OS though. It also get you annoyed alot faster then XP too, with all its security. :laugh:

On my wife's Acer laptop (Cel 1.6 with 512mb) it's noticeably faster than XP and has better battery life. On my PC (Sempron 2800+ with 512mb), bootup and shutdown are slower than XP, but the desktop runs faster. I could do with another 512mb ram though.

On my work PC (Pentium D820 with 1gb and GF6800) it runs flat out. Visual Studio 2005 opens in about 3 seconds.

What's the latest driver they've released?

I haven't tried any games... but I think the latest 97.x Nvidia drivers I installed made my laptop (with a 6200 Go I think?) Experience score jump like a whole point or something. Certainly gave a noticeable perf boost overall.