Vista will be available for MSDNAA on Nov. 17th

Microsoft has announced that Vista will be available to MSDNAA within 45 days of release to MSDN (11/17). Therefore, we expect Vista to be available here by January 1.

slightly better message than the one that was on uiuc yesterday :rolleyes:

thx for that link. This is what someone said in reponse to that bink.nu headline:

Vista Business SKU has been added to MSDN AA and will be available on the

subscriber download site around December 1, 2006.

I know the question on everyone's mind is "if MSDN AA is in line with MSDN,

why are Vista bits arriving almost two weeks later for MSDN AA?"

In short, the Vista and Office launches were more successful than

anticipated and we are generating new keys at a breakneck pace to keep up

with the demand.

We may be able to get Vista and the MSDN AA Office components on the

subscriber site earlier than December 1, but no promises and we'll let you

know as soon as we can.

pretty amusing that the reason for the delay is that their computers can't pump out keys fast enough

All versions are included on the DVD, it's just the key that matters.

Err, yes I am aware of that! What I mean is, it suggests MSDNAA members can choose which CD-Key type they want, whereas before (when it said "Ultimate") it suggested only the Ultimate CD-Key type would be available.....not that I would get anything else anyway, lol :-)

Hi Guys,

I signed up for a Technet subscription last night.

How long does it take for Microsoft to send the Technet Subscription information (logins etc) to your email address?

Its been 12 Hours.

I have paid in full.

I got an email saying Vista BUSINESS will be available January 2007 and is expected to be posted on my school's MSDNAA site by 12/1/06. I wonder if I'll be able to upgrade to Ultimate so I can get the Ultimate extras if any are posted that I want. Weird that all the other schools get Ultimate but I get Business. Lame.

I also got an e-mail (today) from my MSDNAA administrator stating that Vista was going to be available to all students on 1st December. Although, he couldn't specify if it was going to be available through MSDNAA site download or if I must go to some office on the campus and request it...

I just emailed my msdnaa administrator

Just to let you know, I just updated WebStore with December 8 as the confirmed date that Vista should be available. It was originally scheduled to release to MSDN on 11/17 and we assumed MSDNAA would also release that date. That was then pushed back to "sometime before January 1". They have now commited to releasing it by December 8 in an email we just received yesterday evening.

After contacting e-academy:

Do you have any information for me regarding the availability of Windows

Vista on ELMS for MSDNAA?

...I found out:

Entered on 11/21/2006 at 15:37:39 by Mark:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Windows Vista will be available to MSDNAA members soon after it is released by Microsoft. We have been informed that Vista will be released by Microsoft around March or April. Unfortunately, we have not received a more accurate timeline.

Please contact us if you have any questions or require further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Mark

e-academy support

Hi Guys,

I signed up for a Technet subscription last night.

How long does it take for Microsoft to send the Technet Subscription information (logins etc) to your email address?

Its been 12 Hours.

I have paid in full.

It takes 72 hours (business days only).

I may end up signing up for TechNet too since MSDNAA is being slow and there's no doubt my CS department will add a few more months on ...

Does TechNet have Office 2007?

TechNet has Office 2007.

Windows Vista will be available to MSDNAA members soon after it is released by Microsoft. We have been informed that Vista will be released by Microsoft around March or April. Unfortunately, we have not received a more accurate timeline.

That sounds like bull, Microsoft is releasing Vista in January 2007. Either that e-mail is really old, Microsoft are quietly pushing the release back and haven't told anyone yet or E-Academy don't know ****, which might explain all the confusion around the MSDNAA release...

Just having a look at this TechNet subscription but got a couple of questions about it, From what I can make out its ?393.00 for a 12 month subscription.

1) What software can you get via this sub? can you get Vista Ultimate plus say office 2007 , visio, project ?

2) On this site it mentions what all the downloads are for evaluation with no restrictions or time limits, but what happens after the 12 months if I don't continue the subscription, will my keys for vista and office be canceled as well ?

You can get Vista Ultimate and Office 2007, as well as the other 2007 software like Groove, Project, Visio etc.

After 12 months, you can still continue to use the software. The keys for Vista/Office will still work, they're just like retail product keys. You just don't get support/free upgrades for future versions until you renew your subscription (whenever the next OS/Office suite comes out).

You can get Vista Ultimate and Office 2007, as well as the other 2007 software like Groove, Project, Visio etc.

After 12 months, you can still continue to use the software. The keys for Vista/Office will still work, they're just like retail product keys. You just don't get support/free upgrades for future versions until you renew your subscription (whenever the next OS/Office suite comes out).

right, it can't be that good can it ? I mean if it is how you've just described why would any normal person / company etc shell out speperatly for vista/office/visio/project etc or even vista for that fact when you can get the lot for less than the price of vista ultimate :blink:

You're not meant to use it in a production environment or for-profit. I think there are some exceptions to the production-environment rule such as Office and Visual Studio if you're using it for learning or educational purposes. It's only meant for evaluation/testing purposes really until you buy a proper retail license for it. Most companies will buy MSDN subscriptions.

I read on wiki that if you're caught using the TechNet 'evaluation' (but it's really full version) copies in a production environment then you're treated the same as if you had pirated it, since you're breaking the rules.