• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Twilight Princess (Wii)

Ji@nBing    53

Many are saying it may just be the greatest game of all time. WOW!!

gigapixels    99

:o WOW, I've never seen such an average high score.

I already knew it would be amazing. I can't wait for Sunday :D

gunnerhkjp    0

Awesome :woot:

There seems to be a certain elegance in the way nintendo pulls off its launch.

PabUK    28

Man those are some high initial scores. Hope it gets a lot more like that.

Elliott    235

God I want it. :cry: I need to get a Wii soon. Twilight Princess seems like it'll be the ultimate nostalgic Hylian experience that I've come to know and love from Zelda without being too much of the same. In other words, the perfect game. :happy:

ragn4rokk 2.0    0

:o WOW, I've never seen such an average high score.

Halo 2's score was around there for the first few days of its release, before people started realizing that it was the hype pushing their judgment. An example closer to home would be Wind Waker, which (and I know I'm not alone in saying this) did not live up to the Zelda pedigree at all- but still scored overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics.

I'm not saying TP will be bad, but don't get too worked up over the scores themselves... get excited about their content :D

gunnerhkjp    0

I thought wind walker was fantastic...

The Teej    203

Wind Walker was excellent, Wind Waker got shoddy near the end, though.

Elliott    235

Wind Walker was excellent, Wind Waker got shoddy near the end, though.

The problem with Wind Waker was they strayed from the typical Zelda formula that works. Really, it seems a step back from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask in the eyes of most long-time Zelda fans, even though it was fun. Twilight Princess looks to continue the amazing Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask lineage.

ragn4rokk 2.0    0

My main gripe with Wind Waker was its difficulty level- specifically, there wasn't one. It was one of the easiest games I have ever played, so by halfway through I'd lost all interest. I did finish the game (and I have to admit it does have one of my favorite end-boss sequences ever), but I never felt any sense of accomplishment.

Here's to hoping Twilight Princess changes that :D

The Teej    203

The actual ending of Wind Waker was absolutely amazing, it most definitely lives up to the Zelda name, however that triforce hunt really was a mission, one that no gamer should have to experience. It didn't help you had to pay for little bits of the map either. You should just of been able to get the whole world map as is, no extra fees. And Tingle really ****ed me off, with his insanely high prices, it was awful. I know us Zelda fans complain that we need more stuff to buy with our rupees, but that was most definitely not the right way to go about it.

I mean as it's own game it was most definitely a good 'un, but it was most definitely a step back from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Shame, really. Next gen hardware should give you next gen gaming experiences. Oh well. Bring on Twilight Princess!

Corris    42

I cant wait for this, But I'll be getting it on my Gamecube since I wont have any money coming up to Xmas for a Wii (stupid people wanting prezzies :p)

I do wonder though how different it would be if it was instead developed only for the Wii.

As for Windwaker, i thought it was a pretty good game, was a bit of a step away from OoT and MM, but i still thought it was a really good adventure, did drag on a little bit near the end, but I did like the ending

what a way to kill gannon

:D

The Teej    203

Well the visuals would kick all kinds of ass for one, instead of looking like a high quality gamecube title :p

Corris    42
Well the visuals would kick all kinds of ass for one, instead of looking like a high quality gamecube title :p

Lol, urge..to....give...captain...obvious...picture...overwealming......:p

And as to your sig, the original green ranger was so much better than the white, giant dragon sorta zord thing FTW! :laugh:

The Teej    203

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I made that :(

Original Green Ranger > All, actually :p

giga    46

Gamespot gave it an 8.8 while almost every single other site are giving it 9s and 10s. :no:

What else do I expect from Jeff Gersmann. Judging from his previews that he's done, he's been pretty finicky on the Wii. He gave PDZ a 9.0 and TP an 8.8? I don't get him at all.

ragn4rokk 2.0    0

Gamespot gave it an 8.8 while almost every single other site are giving it 9s and 10s. :no:

What else do I expect from Jeff Gersmann. Judging from his previews that he's done, he's been pretty finicky on the Wii. He gave PDZ a 9.0 and TP an 8.8? I don't get him at all.

He gave PDZ a 9?! :blink:

He loses all credibility right there.

ragn4rokk 2.0    0

His personal rating, yeah. http://www.gamespot.com/users/Jeff/contrib...ns?mode=ratings Greg Kasavin did the official write up and give it a 9 and Jeff seems to agree.

Ack. The main thing that bugged me about his review was how he kept bashing the Wiimote. Especially when he said

... at times you'll wish that you could just hit a button to swing the sword instead of dealing with all the motion-sensing nonsense.

Like he can read my mind? You will hate the controls. Thanks for an objective opinion, Jeff. :no:

Xerus    0

Yeah.. completely messed up. I mean, I'm used to GameSpot rating a little on the low side, but this and ExciteTruck's 6.8 is a little extreme. :I

gigapixels    99

Isn't the motion-sensing supposed to be optional? I haven't heard too much about that specifically, but I could have sworn I'd heard a tidbit about gamers who liked the traditional way of playing could still do so. Perhaps with the GCN or classic controller?

giga    46

Isn't the motion-sensing supposed to be optional? I haven't heard too much about that specifically, but I could have sworn I'd heard a tidbit about gamers who liked the traditional way of playing could still do so. Perhaps with the GCN or classic controller?

Yes, the GC version is still available. (December) But there's no 16:9 support for the GC version.

nav1    0

The problem with Wind Waker was they strayed from the typical Zelda formula that works. Really, it seems a step back from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask in the eyes of most long-time Zelda fans, even though it was fun. Twilight Princess looks to continue the amazing Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask lineage.

As for Windwaker, i thought it was a pretty good game, was a bit of a step away from OoT and MM, but i still thought it was a really good adventure, did drag on a little bit near the end, but I did like the ending

what a way to kill gannon

:D

How exactly did it stray away from the formula? The gameplay was everything OOT was, but perfected. The fact that the enemies would pick up their fallen weapons was awesome, and I really hope that is there as well in TP. The only thing different was the graphic style, and though many people hated it, I loved it and actually preffer it to the "realistic" style their going for now (not to say I'm not going all cartman about TP :p). The animations and expressions of link were absolutely great, and how alive the world felt was indeed much notable that in any other Zelda game.

My main gripe with Wind Waker was its difficulty level- specifically, there wasn't one. It was one of the easiest games I have ever played, so by halfway through I'd lost all interest. I did finish the game (and I have to admit it does have one of my favorite end-boss sequences ever), but I never felt any sense of accomplishment.

Here's to hoping Twilight Princess changes that :D

Now this is something I agree. It was too easy, and you felt it was missing exactly 3 dungeons (one for the third pearl, and a fire and water temple)