• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Twilight Princess (Wii)

acies    0

I could never get into the Zelda games, I don't know why... They look so cool.

Steffan    93

Did someone figure out how to fish in TP? When the bobber fully goes into the water, I bring it back up but no fish are attached to it. TIA

Master Shake    1

Wow... incredible reviews.

Looks like I'll be buying this.

j0sh    0

Did someone figure out how to fish in TP? When the bobber fully goes into the water, I bring it back up but no fish are attached to it. TIA

Keep holding it back up and you'll catch the fish.

DrCheese    103

Windwaker was fantastic until the retarded part where you had to sail the world and pick up the triforce pieces. It kinda went like this:

"Get map" > "Spend 400 rupes getting it translated" > "Hunt around for it" = Repeat 7/8 times

It was probally the first Zelda game that I had to grind for cash, heh

Xerus    0

Yeah this part bugged me for awhile but once I figured it out it was really easy. You just let the bobber go up and down for awhile, then when it is completely submerged and you think theres a fish on there then pull your arm up. If you get the fish it will say FISH ON! and then you just hold your arm raised to pull it out of the water.

Elliott    235
How exactly did it stray away from the formula? The gameplay was everything OOT was, but perfected. The fact that the enemies would pick up their fallen weapons was awesome, and I really hope that is there as well in TP. The only thing different was the graphic style, and though many people hated it, I loved it and actually preffer it to the "realistic" style their going for now (not to say I'm not going all cartman about TP :p). The animations and expressions of link were absolutely great, and how alive the world felt was indeed much notable that in any other Zelda game.

Because Zelda started going for a darker tone and got its highest reviews for doing so, a la Majora's Mask (and even plenty in Ocarina of Time). Then, bam, we got happy-go-lucky cartoon Link with semi-creepy eyes the size of Jupiter. I'm not saying I didn't like the game. It was just way too different, and definitely a let down after we saw that amazing (though pre-rendered) trailer of Link fighting with Ganondorf.

Edited by Elliott

matthewf01    0

Those of you past the first dungeon...

I need help!

There are some 'rooms' that are sort of 'outdoors', crossing bridges and such. The one 'room' where you have two platforms that rotate when the wind blows, but they turn on alternate sides...it seems like youre supposed to jump to the next while the rotating begins...but I cant seem to make it.

Is there something Im doing wrong or missing?

Thanks for any help.

Waiting for a guide to get published (besides IGN's subscriber-only)!

khaos34    0

Those of you past the first dungeon...

I need help!

There are some 'rooms' that are sort of 'outdoors', crossing bridges and such. The one 'room' where you have two platforms that rotate when the wind blows, but they turn on alternate sides...it seems like youre supposed to jump to the next while the rotating begins...but I cant seem to make it.

Is there something Im doing wrong or missing?

Thanks for any help.

Waiting for a guide to get published (besides IGN's subscriber-only)!

Matthew, you need the

Gale Boomerang, which you'll get from defeating one of the monkeys (the one that destroyed the bridge in the beginning). Just rescue as many monkeys as you can first, and then you'll eventually encounter him.

matthewf01    0

Matthew, you need the

Gale Boomerang, which you'll get from defeating one of the monkeys (the one that destroyed the bridge in the beginning). Just rescue as many monkeys as you can first, and then you'll eventually encounter him.

Ah awesome, so I guess I need to just keep poking around, and ive missed a few rooms.

and thanks for remembering the spoiler tags ;)

Im sure ill be back for more help

gigapixels    99

After being able to play a few days now, I LOVE THIS GAME. It's definitely living up to the legacy of Oracle of Time and Majora's Mask (I never played Wind Waker, so I don't know about that).

I'm not done yet, in fact I think I'm far from being done (I just beat the third dungeon). But this is an absolutely awesome game.

khaos34    0

Ah awesome, so I guess I need to just keep poking around, and ive missed a few rooms.

and thanks for remembering the spoiler tags ;)

Im sure ill be back for more help

No problem man :) I'm slightly stuck in an area myself (area before 3rd dungeon)

I can't get to the bug that's on the path behind the rock by Zora's palace!

Hope you find them all man, post if you need more help :D

Xerus    0

No problem man :) I'm slightly stuck in an area myself (area before 3rd dungeon)

I can't get to the bug that's on the path behind the rock by Zora's palace!

Hope you find them all man, post if you need more help :D

Behind a rock huh... are you sure you cant just warp there with Midna?

khaos34    0

Behind a rock huh... are you sure you cant just warp there with Midna?

I warped to Zora's palace and I got te bug in there. I also got the ones below, byt he waterfall, and around Lake Hylia. I got the bug right outside the tavern too. However, right outside Zora's palace, there is a place on the right (on the map, and if you were facing the waterfall). I see that there's a bug there on the map, but I can't figure out how to get to it. Any idea? It seems to be on an upper path, and there is a rock blocking the path that the bug's on. It also seems that you can get to the path from the other side via Hyrule Field (by the small bridge over the river) but that's also blocked by a boulder. Any help would be appreciated!

khaos34    0

Doh! Nevermind, found it - it was one of the parts where you're "helped" in jmping rocks - I went a different path after jumping the first few and didn't see the other way to go!

Big bug boss defeated :)

matthewf01    0

Man I cant for the life of me locate

the boomerang.

Ive rounded up

two monkeys; ive returned to the area where the boomerang monkey is, and the rope seems short enough that two monkeys can help me swing across, but they stand there so I guess Im wrong. Also can't explore two rooms that are sorta blocked by those big stationary fat plants.

I suck at Zelda!

khaos34    0

Man I cant for the life of me locate

the boomerang.

Ive rounded up

two monkeys; ive returned to the area where the boomerang monkey is, and the rope seems short enough that two monkeys can help me swing across, but they stand there so I guess Im wrong. Also can't explore two rooms that are sorta blocked by those big stationary fat plants.

I suck at Zelda!

Throw bombs

in the fat plants.

matthewf01    0

Throw bombs

in the fat plants.

Hah actually figured that out after posting, before looking back here :)

Now ive got

three monkeys, and defeated the giant plant.

Still cant

cross the bridge.

Do I need

more monkeys?

thanks for the help, youre the best!

Steffan    93

How do I get the big key in the

water temple

?

internetdude01    0

I CANNOT figure out how to do the

shield attack

. The guy keeps parrying my attack and then saying i need to lock on with z and throw the nunchuck forward. I played all the way to this and just cant do it.

Edited by internetdude01

Steffan    93
I CANNOT figure out how to do the shield attack. The guy keeps parrying my attack and then saying i need to lock on with z and throw the nunchuck forward. I played all the way to this and just cant do it.

If you played boxing part of Wii sports, you just do the samething if you were hitting the bag or another boxer.

I'm having troubles with the

back slice

. Please make sure you use the [ spoiler ] [/ spoiler ] tags. The game isnt out for the rest of the world yet.

internetdude01    0

Sorry, I forgot the tags. Im just really, really frustrated. The guy raises his sword sometimes in the training thing, but I try and try and try, but I jsut cant do it. He continues to parry. I dont know what its supposed to look like and what im supposed to accomplish.

Edited by internetdude01

internetdude01    0

I still cant do it. I have been trying for an hour now.

Meshuggah    0

1618-Zelda-Dorks.jpg

is this real?

Xerus    0

I still cant do it. I have been trying for an hour now.

Uhhh...

I just waited for him to get into a sword swinging stance, and jolted my wrist foward a little. It knocks him back and then you slice him. Just dont get too into it otherwise you'll end up doing a spin attack.