Twilight Princess (Wii)

i played it. it's good but definitely not the best game ever. the game moves too slow. i feel like it takes FOREVER to get to the action part. i was hoping the characters talk. i really hate some of the irritatingly repetitive cutscenes like when you blow the grass to summon the hawk. i had do it like 10x because i keep screwing up. i almost drove me insane.

i played it. it's good but definitely not the best game ever. the game moves too slow. i feel like it takes FOREVER to get to the action part. i was hoping the characters talk. i really hate some of the irritatingly repetitive cutscenes like when you blow the grass to summon the hawk. i had do it like 10x because i keep screwing up. i almost drove me insane.

mluu510, you're probably still in the intro part, which lasts about an hour, hour and a half or so. Once you get past it, the action picks up a lot and it's straight adventure from there.

Wow, I just beat the first dungeon the other night... damn this is some fvking game!

I think its Gamespot from which I downloaded a guide of the first 3 or so dungeons...for those of you who need help like me! Unlike IGN's, this one's for the free-free.

Wow, I just beat the first dungeon the other night... damn this is some fvking game!

I think its Gamespot from which I downloaded a guide of the first 3 or so dungeons...for those of you who need help like me! Unlike IGN's, this one's for the free-free.

The guide is very incomplete though. Only covers roughly the first 10-15 hours of the game. Hopefully it'll be updated soon.

I just hope someone comes up with a Heart Pieces guide lmao. I'm sure I'm missing quite a few (I'm at about the 14 hour mark so far and I have 6 hearts).

The guide is very incomplete though. Only covers roughly the first 10-15 hours of the game. Hopefully it'll be updated soon.

I just hope someone comes up with a Heart Pieces guide lmao. I'm sure I'm missing quite a few (I'm at about the 14 hour mark so far and I have 6 hearts).

Oh yes i know its incomplete, I said the first three or so dungeons.

Im sure that whoever is writing the guide is having to play the game alongside pen & paper to create it!

thats fine. as long as they are one step ahead of me :)

And yea looking at the guide I missed a few pieces of heard, ive got two pieces and one extra container from beating dungeon 1 boss.

Btw does anyone find their "Sword" slash movements don't always work? Sometimes you have to put more force into the Wiimote when you slash to get it to register always.

It's no big deal, but can be a bit annoying when I'm lying down and don't have the room for a lot of movement.

Btw does anyone find their "Sword" slash movements don't always work? Sometimes you have to put more force into the Wiimote when you slash to get it to register always.

It's no big deal, but can be a bit annoying when I'm lying down and don't have the room for a lot of movement.

The exact reason why I'm waiting for the GC version. Anyone know if there is a water temple in TP? I kinda have this masochistic wish that TP has an OoT-esque water temple.

The exact reason why I'm waiting for the GC version. Anyone know if there is a water temple in TP? I kinda have this masochistic wish that TP has an OoT-esque water temple.

A) It doesn't take a lot of motion. And never buy the Wii version ever if you want to enjoy fishing in the GameCube version, cause my god is it well-done.

B)

There is a water temple. But it is nowhere near as insane as the one in OoT, that's a good thing IMO. Things actually have a logical progression and solution.

A) It doesn't take a lot of motion. And never buy the Wii version ever if you want to enjoy fishing in the GameCube version, cause my god is it well-done.

B)

There is a water temple. But it is nowhere near as insane as the one in OoT, that's a good thing IMO. Things actually have a logical progression and solution.

Do you find it sometimes doesn't register though? When you're laying down? That's what I find at least.

It's always registered for me, and most of the time when I'm playing it I'm laying back against my bed or sitting back on my office chair.

Edit: actually, I did have trouble with the "roll 'n slash", but I got the hang of it after learning to actually do it correctly.

Edited by khaos34

B)

:(

But I liked the OoT water temple. True, it wasn't a very straight forward dungeon, but that is what made it fun. It made me think, and I like that.

:(

But I liked the OoT water temple. True, it wasn't a very straight forward dungeon, but that is what made it fun. It made me think, and I like that.

Truthfully the "water" temple in Twilight Princess is nothing like what was in OoT. However, there is a dungeon about 10-15 hours into the game that is what I would call the true "water" temple. Is it similar to OoT? Honestly I don't remember enough of that one lmao.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I finally beat the game (took me 42 hours, without going too much into any sidequests), and I have some questions and impressions:

Impressions:

-All in all, I find the motion control for the sword to be a pain sometimes, in that some movements I could never pull off when I wanted and needed them, specially the helmet slice, and when you

have to bounce the light ball to zelda in the end

, I took many hits cause the wiimote wouldn't react right away, or would register another slice when I was just re-arranging my hand. There, I wished I could just used a button. However, where the motion control totally obliterates any other, is in pointing the bow and similar weapons. I felt SO GOOD to pick up 5 targets in a couple of seconds (and that's even though I have really shaky hands), and it was really intuitive. I would never, for any reason, want to go back to a joystick just because of that.

-For the most part, while the game is a lot longer, and I mean, a lot longer and more polished, I didn't quite like the story that much, it seems to

revolve more about Midna then actually Zelda, Ganon or Link

, which is not bad, but I felt like somethings were missing. IMHO, I preferred Wind Waker's storyline, and how it tied to Ocarina of time.

Questions:

-when you are in

hyrule castle at the end, that you fight the big guy outside, and then he says something to you, and midna says "he... spoke!"

, what's that all about? I thought I would get more insight later on, since Midna kind of made a big deal about it, but that was not the case.

-What is the big deal with

Llia? She seemed integral to the story at first, with her memory loss and everything, but at the end, there's not much to it. I though it would be like the Tetra/Zelda thing in Wind Waker

-Also, they never explained the whole

golden wolf/skeleton knight that teaches you the secret skills

. Is there any story to that?

-What's the use of having navi wherever you point at? I never used it, and it was actually annoying that little noise she makes.

Edited by nav1

Ok, I finally beat the game (took me 42 hours, without going too much into any sidequests), and I have some questions and impressions:

Impressions:

-All in all, I find the motion control for the sword to be a pain sometimes, in that some movements I could never pull off when I wanted and needed them, specially the helmet slice, and when you

have to bounce the light ball to zelda in the end

, I took many hits cause the wiimote wouldn't react right away, or would register another slice when I was just re-arranging my hand. There, I wished I could just used a button. However, where the motion control totally obliterates any other, is in pointing the bow and similar weapons. I felt SO GOOD to pick up 5 targets in a couple of seconds (and that's even though I have really shaky hands), and it was really intuitive. I would never, for any reason, want to go back to a joystick just because of that.

-For the most part, while the game is a lot longer, and I mean, a lot longer and more polished, I didn't quite like the story that much, it seems to

revolve more about Midna then actually Zelda, Ganon or Link

, which is not bad, but I felt like somethings were missing. IMHO, I preferred Wind Waker's storyline, and how it tied to Ocarina of time.

Questions:

-when you are in

hyrule castle at the end, that you fight the big guy outside, and then he says something to you, and midna says "he... spoke!"

, what's that all about? I thought I would get more insight later on, since Midna kind of made a big deal about it, but that was not the case.

-What is the big deal with

Llia? She seemed integral to the story at first, with her memory loss and everything, but at the end, there's not much to it. I though it would be like the Tetra/Zelda thing in Wind Waker

No offense but about the midna thing, what do you expect from a zelda game called the twilight princess?

I think they were trying to get at least some part away from rescuing the princess.

No offense but about the midna thing, what do you expect from a zelda game called the twilight princess?

I think they were trying to get at least some part away from rescuing the princess.

Well, I think that they went too far with it, they could have done both. And that's what I first I thought when I started playing.

Funny you should say that, I never thought that

Midna was the twilight princess, until the shiny guys said so. All along, I thought it was Zelda, since at the beginning she was all covered in Twilight

EDIT: TO further elaborate, the thing is that (and the WW comparisons continue :p ) Link felt like a gopher (go for this, go for that). Not that he hasn't been in the past, but at least in Wind Waker, you could kinda feel his emotions, such as when you say goodbye to the grandma, or when the birds catches his sister and he rans toward it almost falling off a cliff. Little things like that made him feel like a living character, with his own personality and cares.

Edited by nav1

i just finished the water temple (havent played the game too much exams and all) but so far the bosses seem so easy... thats the only part i dont like about the game.... i hope they get a bit harder...

They did explain the

skeleton warrior. He is a former Hero. (Link)

Yeah, that's what I thought. It is a bit implied though, not much fuss and details added, for something that should be kind of a big deal.

• 1 month later...

I finally completed it!

Yeah i dragged it out because i didn't want it to end, all in all probably one of the best games i've played, I haven't played OoT, i know, i know but i never owned a N64 nor had a pad with enough buttons to emulate it. I'm hoping for a VC version soon.

Back to twilight princess, it was just an epic adventure... the last time i enjoyed myself so much was Shadow of the Colossus. I thought the water temple was a bloody nightmare, i had no idea what to do at the start i think i stumbled on the solution by accident.

I think i will go back and finish all the side quests, i did the bugs one and the majority of the Poe souls but that's about it.

Sorry about dragging up an old thread, i just wanted to share my joy with everyone :)

haha congrats! I finished it recently in 42 hrs :) played for like 7 hrs a day to finish it as soon as I got back to Aus.

I got a question

how did you defeat zelda? I used the secret skill taught the umm ground strike one where you hold A and let go at the right time, I didn't need to play tennis with zelda? Also I finished Hyrule Castle without getting the dungeon map? maybe I was in a rush to fight ganon hehe (A) that I missed out half of the chests

I loved the game, I will definitely play it again, I need to finish the sidequests now :)

I played Tennis with Zelda, took a couple of attempts to get the timing right but after that it was pretty easy, Dark Beast Ganon gave me a few troubles as i had no idea what to do.

I always check all the dungeons properly to make sure i find everything, although Hyrule Castle there was a couple of places with 3 boxes in the same room but i couldn't get in them.