Vista on MSDN!

Just saw this over at Bink.nu: http://bink.nu/Article8871.bink

Screenshot

Checksum comparision to "lesser-legal" Vista RTM release:

en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso = b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b

LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso (BG) = b82590481755ba3420e7314bf82b8916a90963b5

NOT the same. Download almost complete as we speak :D

:blink:

I am not sure how or why but the iso image out on MSDN is not the final code, the Keys they supplied us do not work, and after some snooping around the build is actually 5744 which is RC2 I am not sure they have the right file out there right now, we should wait until we see something from them on final words it is out there.

Either they did not finish or the links were updated but the iso was not.

No joke, I downloaded these twice both 32bit and 64bit good for me my speed is fast and only took me a half an hour, can someone confirm the build is not 5744 because that i what I got when I downloaded, I even double checked the hash right off the site.

:blink:

I am not sure how or why but the iso image out on MSDN is not the final code, the Keys they supplied us do not work, and after some snooping around the build is actually 5744 which is RC2 I am not sure they have the right file out there right now, we should wait until we see something from them on final words it is out there.

Either they did not finish or the links were updated but the iso was not.

No joke, I downloaded these twice both 32bit and 64bit good for me my speed is fast and only took me a half an hour, can someone confirm the build is not 5744 because that i what I got when I downloaded, I even double checked the hash right off the site.

I've downloaded and installed the MSDN one, and it is definately NOT 5744. It is RTM.

OMG, beta testers are actually getting a FREE serial for ULTIMATE?

Anyone wants to sell it? I'm willing to pay full retail price for it. Call me stupid but I'm totally against piracy.

the connect serials are not resellable, so i would be as illegal as piracy

Any further news on vista being on MSDNAA ????

This is something that you need to find out through your college. What your college does, does not mean that mine will do the same or will release Vista at the same time on the MSDNAA site.

I work for the college and so far it has not been added to the site.

/EZ

This is something that you need to find out through your college. What your college does, does not mean that mine will do the same or will release Vista at the same time on the MSDNAA site.

I work for the college and so far it has not been added to the site.

/EZ

righty just checking as I spoke to the guy who manages it at our uni and he just said MS sometimes inform him about releases but alot of the time they don't so je has to check if they've added it then add it to our MSDNAA.

Hi,

a question regarding these free copies. I have a legit RC1 key and have filed some bugs under Vista. Will I be able to get a key you think? I have no MSDN subscription and am from The Netherlands.

Regards,

James

The MSDN RTM Release has IE 7 Hidden from the Desktop by Default, that is why the Checksum's are Different.

What a spaztastic week. It's so like Microsoft to finalize Windows Vista right before my long weekend away, and I've been racing all week to catch up on the work I would have done had I not been sleeping in and eating out in Vermont last weekend. Anyway... My Vista review on the SuperSite has ballooned from 8 parts to 18, thanks largely to the sheer number of new features included in the release. I should have seen that coming. Fortunately (for me at least), Vista won't be available broadly until January, so I theoretically have plenty of time to get the review done. However, I'm planning on finishing it before Thanksgiving if possible. Longest article I've ever written? Almost certainly.

so whats the new features his talking about?

hear is the link to the article.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/Articl...4297/94297.html

Any further news on vista being on MSDNAA ????

Yep, don't see it yet either. Hopefully it drops by the end of the semester otherwise I gotta get a CS teacher to get me back into the program. Oh well... shouldn't be too hard.

Hi,

a question regarding these free copies. I have a legit RC1 key and have filed some bugs under Vista. Will I be able to get a key you think? I have no MSDN subscription and am from The Netherlands.

Regards,

James

If you meet the following criteria you should already received an email from Microsoft:

1) You were an actual Beta Tester with a Beta Tester ID with full access to the Longhorn / Vista beta area at https://connect.microsoft.com

2) You submitted one or more bugs via the MBC (Microsoft Beta Client) and not through channels such as public newsgroups or simply emailing Microsoft.

If you meet both of these criteria, you should have already received an email with details about downloading your complimentary version of Windows Vista.

Hope this helps!

--ScottKin

help.....

can someone else check there msdn downloads..

i have no vista on there in operating systems.. it ws there this morning.

has it been pulled?

Nope. I downloaded it just this morning at very nice speeds. Running it now on my MacBook Pro. It's actually very nice. I'm quite surprised at Microsoft.

• 1 month later...
Just saw this over at Bink.nu: http://bink.nu/Article8871.bink

Screenshot

Checksum comparision to "lesser-legal" Vista RTM release:

en_windows_vista_x86_dvd_X12-34293.iso = b71e04564ca22e4d9928e59298eff87cf62b382b

LRMCFRE_EN_DVD.iso (BG) = b82590481755ba3420e7314bf82b8916a90963b5

NOT the same. Download almost complete as we speak :D

What do you mean by "lesser-legal" RTM release? How is that different from the Vista version on MSDN?

i did not get an email, i signed on cuz i heard about the connect vista downloads and i was greeted by one of their surveys ,they asked me which version i wanted, etc to type my name blablabla

How come the file name for Vista in your screenshot differs from the filename posted on bink.nu?