• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Official] Final Fantasy III DS Thread

Andrew    2,861

I just imported the game. Hope it's worth it :D

Smashing Pumpkin    40

My mate really recommended Final Fantasy for me, I reckon it will be good, unfortunately I gotta wait till next year, not sure when it's released in Europe.

moloko    186

I just opened up the rest of the world but do not know where to go. I see there are 3 islands but the large island has a cave that is guarded by a door I cannot open, the building with the crystal is protected. I am now stuck. Any pointers?

mee    0

I just opened up the rest of the world but do not know where to go. I see there are 3 islands but the large island has a cave that is guarded by a door I cannot open, the building with the crystal is protected. I am now stuck. Any pointers?

go to the north island and go into the broken ship btw what's your FC

moloko    186

Yup got it opened now. 17 hours into the game. I now have a monk, thief, dragoon, and white mage. My thief is dropping 4k in damage on average and is my highest hit point killer. I am not liking the dragoon yet. The monk is like job level 50 and doing about 3k.

Hooya    0

Yup got it opened now. 17 hours into the game. I now have a monk, thief, dragoon, and white mage. My thief is dropping 4k in damage on average and is my highest hit point killer. I am not liking the dragoon yet. The monk is like job level 50 and doing about 3k.

You'll want at least one dragoon powered up for a battle coming up in a little while. Now is actually the perfect time to get him trained. You'll get to a place where you'll find equipment for four Dragoons, I sell most of it, but use it for that one fight then abandon him.

seraphi    0
You'll want at least one dragoon powered up for a battle coming up in a little while. Now is actually the perfect time to get him trained. You'll get to a place where you'll find equipment for four Dragoons, I sell most of it, but use it for that one fight then abandon him.

I need help with the bird guy in the castle, what lvls should my party be?

I have:

Luneth: Exp Lvl- 24 Job Lvl- 8 Dragoon

Arc: Exp Lvl- 23 Job Lvl- 23 Black Mage

Refia: Exp Lvl- 22 Job Lvl- 6 Dark Knight (really cool)

Ingus: Exp Lvl- 22 Job Lvl- 6 Thief

seraphi    0
This is not an RPG for beginners. It's very unforgiving. There is a part a few hours in where you need to give someone an elixir to move to the next part. It's the only elixir in the game to that point. My bro didn't know this and used it instead of giving it to the guy, so he had to start the whole game over again :p . That said it's still a great game, and if you get into it and finish it, you will be even better at modern RPG's because of it.

Lol ouch thats not very fun

seraphi    0

No matter what anyone thinks of this, but I LOVE RIDING CHOCOBOS

TaiCrunch    1

Chocobo riding's always great!

FC: 502599130921

Eaten By A Grue    0
If your thief character is doing more damage then the dragoon there must be something very wrong with your dragoon.

toms    0

Need help!! Thanks to my wonderful linker, I've lost all my savegames after playing for 13 hours(near the Gold mansion). Does anyone have a savegame?

kennyout    6

for quick kills against air based enemies, including a ONE HIT KO against Bahamit (sp?) the jump command with the Dragoon works wonders....

also beat the game quite fast, since you can equip two weapons on each member and fairly easily get through the game this way (sometimes hitting up to 30 times....rofls).

This is the first time i've played FF3....cause i can't remember playing it on any emu----errr nintendo/ps system...(i played the first and second on GBA, 4/5 on emu....and 6 was on SNES...)

because i beat the game so fast with the ease of two weapons on each character....made the game seem short, but partlly due to it being such...was kind of disapointed with few secrets, but more so that in order to get more secrets/weapons/whatnot you need to play with other people with the mail system/etc...

I was also disappointed that there was only ONE FMV....and it was the intro...

dreamcast87    0

Hello all FF III players here's my FC 133229131924. I've been playing and enjoying this game very much. All characters are at Lvl. 53 and i just got the Nautilus (the ship that goes under water). I'm trying to max level out the 16 jobs i have now is there a trick to doing this faster i notice some jobs level up faster that others?

EMAN100    0

the reason why your games are freazin is cuz your usin da glitch :pc:

+Audioboxer    2,876

One game that looks like It could make me buy a DS ;)

I'm stuck playing the 2D versions on my PSP!

One thing could someone clear this up for me please :)

I've often heard FF3 (Jap) being said to be FF6 (USA) or something similar to that?

Whats the status on the titles?

Eg.

FF1 -

FF2 -

FF3 -

FF4 -

FF5 -

FF6 -

Were they all released in english, or are some of the earlier titles JAP only?

goji    30
I've often heard FF3 (Jap) being said to be FF6 (USA) or something similar to that?

FF 3 in America is actually FF 6 in the series.

+Audioboxer    2,876
FF 3 in America is actually FF 6 in the series.

So this DS title is technically FF6?

Eg. If I got ahold of the Snes rom for FF6 :whistle: It would be the same as the DS title (well not 3d obviously)

goji    30

Actually no. yeah it gets confusing.

The title for DS is the actually FF 3 game, never before released in the US. When SquareEnix decides to release the FF 6 for the DS in the US, it will be FF6, not the FF3 SNES title most know it by.

+Audioboxer    2,876
Actually no. yeah it gets confusing.

The title for DS is the actually FF 3 game, never before released in the US. When SquareEnix decides to release the FF 6 for the DS in the US, it will be FF6, not the FF3 SNES title most know it by.

Ok great thanks for clearing that up mate!

EMAN100    0

yo i was wondering where everyone was on the game and their carters jobs here are my stats:

Luneth-black mage

Arc-viking

Refia-white mage

ingus-dark knight

And im at the part where your ship gets hit by a cannon ball by the castel and the king is conyroled by the boss

Saul    0

Hey guys,

Sorta new to the Final Fantasy series, I have FF3 on DS - I'm wondering, how do you obtain other jobs? Is it like FF11? You have one job until 10, get another job until 10, and then it'll unlock another job?

Anyway, the longer and more information you can write about this the better for me.

Thanks.

ynnoj    23

Just picked up my black DS along with FF3 yesterday. Looking forward to digging in :)

cloud of darkness    0
Hey guys,

Sorta new to the Final Fantasy series, I have FF3 on DS - I'm wondering, how do you obtain other jobs? Is it like FF11? You have one job until 10, get another job until 10, and then it'll unlock another job?

Anyway, the longer and more information you can write about this the better for me.

Thanks.

nope, the further you proceed the game, the more jobs you can choose from.

it does not depend on lvls

nutti    0

i just got this game a few days ago first time i played ff i got as far as owen tower but i still mini from before is there any way for me to become big again or it will it wear off in its own time its just i coming up to another boss and cant use my weapons when small can anyone help please