New Nvidia Driver for Vista RTM 97.19

I recon... I hope the full release will include control panel. This release is just basic drivers, no extras.

Anyhow: 2142 works for the very first time on Vista. :) No textures, no glitching in menus, no nothing :)

People say you can edit the INF to support the 8800, other then that.

These drivers rock, no more corruption when I run games in full screen(bf2, bf2142, guildwars).

I'm now getting the FPS I got in XP, if not better. I'm so happy!!!!

Vista RTM x64

7800 GT(475/1.1ghz) bios mod overclock

2GB ram

amd opteron 165 dual-core @ 2.8ghz

just tried installing them while using 1440x900 (widescreen) and it killed the os get no output at all now so guess im gonna have to go into safe mode to sort out if i can be bothered. Nvidia are muppets how can this major bug still exist.

Rebooted to xp were everthing works :)

how the hell can i install this driver? i just removed the beta driver that nvidia put for rc2, i just uninstalled the driver and bang, the screen is blank and blinking. i just press power and vista is shutting down itself.

turning the cpu back on, when i point the path of the driver while installing, vista is trying to be a smart ass and installing the default driver and the dialog box says my 7800gtx has currently installed the best driver or something like that. i forgot the exact message on the dialog box.

just tried installing them while using 1440x900 (widescreen) and it killed the os get no output at all now so guess im gonna have to go into safe mode to sort out if i can be bothered. Nvidia are muppets how can this major bug still exist.

Rebooted to xp were everthing works :)

1440x900 works fine here

post-1142-1163875461_thumb.jpg

1440x900 works fine here

thats not fair my monitor supports 1440 x 900 and the only high res that i can choose is 1280 x 1024 :(

lol. ffs, i mean why it's TOTALY transparent.

Here is mine:

sidebar.jpg

:turboedit:

AHA

I've enabled 'stay on top of other windows'...

I feel like complete asshat now... :rofl:

Back on topic: I don't get glitches ingame anymore, but they appear when i quit the game... bah.