New Nvidia Driver for Vista RTM 97.19

will the drivers support opengl so i can play Prey?

A workaround is to install ForceWare 96.85, then go into Device Manager, right click your video card, select Update Driver, and select these drivers.

Expect an updated OpenGL driver when nVidia officially releases these drivers, or a newer set.

Please don't install this driver on laptops. The driver will cause heat issues. Nvidia will release a updated driver end of next month.

Heat issues ? What about desktop pcs?

BTW, next month? You are kidding me, right ?

Please don't install this driver on laptops. The driver will cause heat issues. Nvidia will release a updated driver end of next month.

Hasn't caused ANY heat issue on my old Dell XPS-Gen2 laptop (6800 Ultra).

i just tried that and it didnt add any extra resolutions for me and my monitor does support upto 1440 x 900

its a Hanns-G 19" Widescreen

Same monitor here, same problem, on a GF 6800 (vanilla) AGP

Didn't have this issue with RC1 so I assume this is just a driver issue that will be fixed sometime within the near future. Tried adding a custom resolution with PowerStrip and no go there as well. Just have to wait it out.

Need For Speed : Carbon crashes when trying to start a game with these drivers :( It seams to run a lot smoother in the menu's tho.

Try again running it under Windos 98 / ME or Windows 95 compatibility.

These drivers stink! I can't play any games on Vista RTM with these drivers. I keep getting this nvidia_mini bsod every game I try to play. How did you guys get it to work?

Hm weird

I was doing a driver update through the device manager.. an error occured for run32.dll but looks like it's completed.

Provider: NVIDIA

Driver Data: 21/08/2006

Driver Version: 7.14.10.9719

?? kinda funny here

But CS:Source runs like mad.. I got a 125 fps?? Before was like 25 fps and drawing errors everywhere / flickers

These drivers solved quite a few graphical glitches in CS:S, and Quake 4. However, Need for Speed Most Wanted is very slow and my framerate is about 15fps. In XP, it was 60fps on my 7800GT.

Is this nVidia's RTM driver? There isn't any control panel, and it seems to be only a barebones, really.

I'm waiting on Forceware for Vista :yes:

The reason why some people can run 1440x900 is cause i expect they have there monitor connected via the VGA port and not the DVI, this has been a problem with nvidia for awhile now.

Anyone want to conferm that if they have 1440x900 working its via the VGA cable and not the DVI?

The reason why some people can run 1440x900 is cause i expect they have there monitor connected via the VGA port and not the DVI, this has been a problem with nvidia for awhile now.

Anyone want to conferm that if they have 1440x900 working its via the VGA cable and not the DVI?

I think you'll find it's the other way around. Works fine with VGA, but not with DVI. At least that is my own experience, and that of others around here.

Only problem for me is that my current nVidia card does not have VGA, it's only got dual DVI.

I"m new to these display driver but when I download it, I dont know how to install it, how you install the driver? There is no .exe file. COuld anyone help me. This should solve my 2142 game on my 7900 GTX card.

I"m new to these display driver but when I download it, I dont know how to install it, how you install the driver? There is no .exe file. COuld anyone help me. This should solve my 2142 game on my 7900 GTX card.

Control Panel > Device Manager > Display adapters? > Right click the driver > Upgrade > Use your own destination to find driver > Find the either 64bit or 32bit driver and then it should be upgraded.

Control Panel > Device Manager > Display adapters? > Right click the driver > Upgrade > Use your own destination to find driver > Find the either 64bit or 32bit driver and then it should be upgraded.

Thanks alot, Now let see if it works on my computer.

These seem fairly good for me. Improve Aero speed quite nicely and I can now watch DVD's ok - before performance was so poor on DVD playback it wasn't even worth trying!

Just need to sort audio out now and get proper DirectX NForce2 soundstorm drivers :|

I read somewhere that nVidia are dropping support for nForce2 and Vista. So the only drivers you'll get are the ones currently available on the DVD. :(

Awww, that driver is not working for my Vista RTM OS -Geforce 7900 GTX card. I still see the same problems as I would of never upgrade that driver.

Problems with 2142: some way Off frames

Yeah , same problem here and ive tryed more then once to reinstall the drivers , Havent tryed any games yet but i dont get my widescreen res's. useing a dell 24 inch HD monitor and its not supportanything other then what everybody else is getting. Hopefully soon nvidia will push out there new driver.