• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Official] I got a Wii!

Brandon Live    232

Are any stores selling component cables for it? Mine is hooked up to my Denon receiver which converts everything to component output (eliminating some annoyances) - but I still feel like the picture quality isn't what it could be.

NeoNut    30

Are any stores selling component cables for it? Mine is hooked up to my Denon receiver which converts everything to component output (eliminating some annoyances) - but I still feel like the picture quality isn't what it could be.

Bestbuy probably has them in the stores.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;js...d=1156203388826

And in the Nintendo store:

http://store.nintendo.com/componentvideocable/

truste1    0

I waited 4.5 hours at Super K-Mart. They only had 10, my friend and I were number 4 and 5. They gave out vouchers at 10pm and we were allowed to leave and come back at midnight, so that's what we did. It wasn't bad, we just listened to my iPod and I did homework and stuff. We started watching a movie on my dvd player but then it was almost time for them to handout the vouchers. I haven't played it yet though.

Xerino    324

Had mine preordered, walked into Software Etc. in the mall, no lines or anything, I figured they had already come and gone, walked in, asked the clerk if they had anymore, turns out I was #3 in coming in to pick up their preorder, which amazed me.

The even more amazing thing is I asked if they had any PS3s in stock, just for kicks, I had no intention of buying one. and only 7 had sold out of their stock of 15....

Got my Wii + 2 Gamecube Contollers (Sold my GC when I heard Zelda wasnt coming out for it)

Zelda, and put in a preorder for a Classic Controller since it seemed they didnt have any yet....

Also pick up a Xbox 360 off Amazon since they were doing a "Sold out PS3" Special for $100 for a Core System. Which is a pretty sweet deal.

Been nostalgic and playing some old school games that I put some Wii-points too ^^ I'm eagerly awaiting when Super Mario RPG comes out for it. I know I could always emulate it, but I miss the big screen loafing about in my recliner.

giga    46

^ Zelda is coming the cube, just not till December. ;)

»X«    1

Will deffo get mine on the day of release. But I got a few questions:

Regarding movies (avi), how can you get them on the wii? SD only or pop them on a cd and pop that in?

Is it wise to get another controller? I notice alot of people do.

Heres some info I found on Red Steel. I was surprised Gamespot gave it only 5.5. You can read the review here

Ji@nBing    53

Seems the software has almost sold out where I am as well. I work at Costco and all around the area is "the land of big box". I took a look around all the stores and at Future Shop, Wallmart, EB Games, Superstore and Rogers Video all the games are sold out except the lamer ones like Happy Feet and Sponge Bob. Seems like a pretty killer launch for Nintendo :D.

Edit: compare that to the PS3 software, where they still have plenty of copies of every game ;)

Edited by Ji@nBing

Dark Ride    3

Do you think the GameCube version of Zelda: Twilight Princess will be cheaper than the Wii version ?

Xerino    324

Edit: compare that to the PS3 software, where they still have plenty of copies of every game ;)

Because PS3 games in the neighborhood of $70

Buttus    1,231

The even more amazing thing is I asked if they had any PS3s in stock, just for kicks, I had no intention of buying one. and only 7 had sold out of their stock of 15....

and you didn't buy one just to sell on ebay?!?!?!?! UUUGGGHHHHHH

Joel    27

What's getting me is things like this:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Nintendo-Wii-ON-HAND-Ze...1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy has 9 Wiis. That's nine mothers like I saw this morning who had stunned looks on their faces when they showed up at Wal-Mart before they even opened only to be told that the Wii was sold out from 3:00am. eBay needs to do something about it, or people need to help it stop by refusing to bid.

And what's up with Costco's console orders? Wal-Mart got at 54-72 units in my area, Futureshop and Bestbuy probably the same. Costco; 8 units at every store I tried.

Diffused Mind    0

This guy has 9 Wiis. That's nine mothers like I saw this morning who had stunned looks on their faces when they showed up at Wal-Mart before they even opened only to be told that the Wii was sold out from 3:00am. eBay needs to do something about it, or people need to help it stop by refusing to bid.

Whats wrong with it?

randy_tho    0
Also pick up a Xbox 360 off Amazon since they were doing a "Sold out PS3" Special for $100 for a Core System. Which is a pretty sweet deal.

When and where (link) were they doing this?

Bant    0

All hooked up :) wii sports is a lot of fun.

zelda is the ****.

Joel    27

Whats wrong with it?

Did you read the reason in my post?

The reason is that these people have just negated the reasons for retail stores, and everyone is paying thru the nose for the privilege. Pick something you've been looking forward to and imagine having no hope in hell of getting it without paying 4 times what it's worth on eBay, and you had no hope of getting it BECAUSE of eBay sellers like the guy I pointed out.

SilentMage    0

This is my first post today -- finally decided to give my Wii a much-deserved break after working up a serious sweat with Wii Sports and playing a good amount of Super Monkey Ball and Zelda (of course).

Pictures will be posted soon! :D

Ji@nBing    53

And what's up with Costco's console orders? Wal-Mart got at 54-72 units in my area, Futureshop and Bestbuy probably the same. Costco; 8 units at every store I tried.

Costco sends ammounts to the stores they think will be the busiest. The store I work at was supposed to get 8, then 30, then we ended up with none at all. The one in Vancouver got 75. Go figure :rolleyes: . I was looking forward to going in before we opened and picking one up. Now I probably will just wait until January when I get back from my trip to Beijing. I should probably save the money for the trip anyway, and there was no way I was going to wait in line for hours for a video game.

Lexcyn    88

Got my Wii today and it's awesome. I can't get over how neat the controllers are.

david622    0

i don't have online access for my wii yet b/c i don't have wifi in my house. does anybody know what these firmware updates are actually doing?

does anybody have any idea if the changes were significant?

Klethron    5

lol im glad i reserved mine, although i cant find anywhere to get another remote or Zelda... damn it!

It's funny our Wal-Mart got 20 systems, 12 Remotes, 4 Nunchucks and 18 Copies of Zelda. I told the Manager they should release the accessories on a 1st come 1st serve basis based on our placement in line (I was #5) and he agreed. They printed out numbers and gave them to everyone. I was able to snag 1 of the remotes and 1 of the 4 nunchucks.

I also think its a testament to Nintendo fans that our launch went off without a hitch and was safe compared to the PS3.

FYI: The PS3 Demo Units in both Wal-Mart's and Best Buy here died within 24 hours.

thetman    0

everyones talking about wii titles being sold out, i went to best buy at 10am bc i was in the area, they had sold out of the consoles but had shelves full of wii games including massive amounts of zelda , excite truck and monkey ball. guess everyone in my area is planning on hawking the system online w/o any games

Dale    16

i got one... but a faulty one... hopefully it will be replaced in a week :(

Razorwing    640

i got one... but a faulty one... hopefully it will be replaced in a week :(

care to explain how it is faulty? I just want to know.

Razorwing    640

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=514072

http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/dead-wii-reports-215885.php

IMG_0343.JPG

sorry, i'm busy doing homework, my thread and this article should sum it up. and that picture describes my exact problem.

oh I just read it, I hope you can find a way to fix the problem.