[Official] I got a Wii!

oh I just read it, I hope you can find a way to fix the problem.

yea, i got to wait till the next shipment comes in, then i can exchange it for a new one.. i keep my fingers crossed that the next shipment comes in within a week, the store itself doesn't even know when they will get it.

I got my Wii this morning. I arrived at the downtown Toronto Best Buy at 7:30am, they handed me a ticket (I was 264/300). The store opened at 8:00am, but I had to wait an hour before I got in because they were letting in only 20 people at a time. It was good too because they limited everybody to one copy of each game and Wiimote, so nobody was able to walk out with all 300 copies of Twilight Princess. =)

Got mine as well today, picked up an extra one too as a christmas gift to my little brother and sister. Was in line all night, #12. Would of enjoyed being further in line like I was #4 and #5 for PS3 and #1 for Xbox 360 last year at the locations I was at but then again, who cares and I did get the consoles at they had 90 Wii's at the location I was at too.

I love it. I personally think Nintendo did a great job here, I first played Wii Sports and enjoyed it a lot then put in my copy of Zelda because I knew, as I have, been playing it all day long. I'm going to try Madden 07 and Super Monkey Ball shortly.

I work for Circuit City... and my store director loves us enough to save a couple for his employees. And as such I got one....

Sort of... actually my girlfriend bought it for me for xmas so I don't get it until then. But I bought an extra controller, a bag, zelda, cod3, a wiimote glove, and 2000 wii points.

Yep yep, a coworker friend of mine got one too and we were playing it tonight. Fun stuff yep.

I can tell you that the 'disc reading problem' is due to a defective laser, or poor POT setting. The POT is there to stop the laser assembly from 'self destructing' like it does in PS2s. It was there in the Gamecube too -- over time, the POT level drops, and you should really keep it at around 200. The lower the POT value, the more power the laser circuitry has, and the higher the chance of 'self destruction'.

Edited by Dessimat0r

Got mine as well today, picked up an extra one too as a christmas gift to my little brother and sister. Was in line all night, #12. Would of enjoyed being further in line like I was #4 and #5 for PS3 and #1 for Xbox 360 last year at the locations I was at but then again, who cares and I did get the consoles at they had 90 Wii's at the location I was at too.

I love it. I personally think Nintendo did a great job here, I first played Wii Sports and enjoyed it a lot then put in my copy of Zelda because I knew, as I have, been playing it all day long. I'm going to try Madden 07 and Super Monkey Ball shortly.

In my opinion the Madden experience is lacking due to the mediocre graphics. I'd venture to say the PS2 version is superior.

I can't wait for the Wii Component cables. Zelda on the other hand has consumed me for the past 5 hours (save one hour where I took a nap.) I have to head up to Gamestop shortly to see if they got their new shipment in because Zelda was the game I sold with my extra console on eBay but the payment hasn't gone through yet and I wanted to play it...so I did. Need to go up and get the guy a new one. :p

Just looking at these reviews and pictures just wants me to get a Wii! But i'm only a student and ?180 is alot for a console. Its out of Wii or the new ipod, both coming out in December

PS - Does anyone know when the next apple event will be when they release there new products etc?

By looking at this thread (all 8 pages of it), I am totally and utterly into getting myself a Wii when it comes here to Aus..

Might be a good idea to get a job in the meantime..So I could afford it :p

Might be a good idea to get a job in the meantime..So I could afford it :p

Even though it was only 250 USD, people don't think of the other stuff....

- additional Wii remote: $40

- additional nunchuck: $20

- game(s) of choice: $50 (each)

for me... it went from $250.. to $460 (2nd controller + 3 games). So year.. save your moneyz ;)

I did in fact get one on launch day... I'm already 19 hours into Zelda and I must say it's one of the best games I've ever played.

I love my Wii :)

It's coming to my doorstep any minute now. If I have to wait all the way til 5pm it's gonna suck, all I know is it's in a truck circling around town somewhere eventually bound for my house. It's been snowing heavily today so hopefully my delivery guy doesn't get stuck or crash or anything.

Well, I just spent the last 8 hours playing wii... I think I have a bit of tenis elbow now, lol!!!

But it's really true what they say "rediscovering child-like glee." Something so simple as narrowly missing a baseball with a swing used to spawn comments of "AGH!" and "Stupid Game!" today it was laughter instead.

It isn't perfect, I'm starting to understand many of the nuances with the console, and I think many of them will simply be ironed out with future revisions... others may just be stuck with the console. In either case the little kinks with it were tremmendously overshadowed by the unique and immersive (yes I said immersive, I've heard the word tossed around, many have debated, and after reviewing it for myself, I conclude it is immersive) gameplay.

I was extremely hyped up for this console, and I'm of the minority of people that ussually when I'm hyped for something, I can't help but be dissapointed (Xmen 3, Borat movie - I'm a huge Da Ali G show fan, and in all fairness liked the movie, but I was much too hyped for it to truly enjoy it), in any case, the wii is probably the last thing since the first Spiderman movie that truly lived up to the hype for me.

In any case, wii sports was a treat, I don't think it has quite the depth that I heard in many reviews over the net. Like many others have noted, it will mostly be a good party game. If you need to burn off some steam, wii boxing is a good pick-me-up as well it will be a good work out. I also had about 2 hours of snow shoveling to do today with the massive blizzard here in alberta, so that could be part of the reason why I'm sore, but you definately can work up a sweat doing wii-boxing if you get into it.

Last thing I have to say, I haven't played Zelda very much yet, but I definately like the feel of it. Everything feels like it has weight, when I hop on Epona, it feels like I have a ton of meat underneath me that would crush small children with ease. The style is definately a more realistic progression from OOT but keeping the charm from the Zelda series close at heart. I look forward to playing it further as the game already has me enthralled. I have enjoyed Zelda games of the past, and alot of people are harolding it as better than OOT. I'll have to see it to believe it, but right now, I think I might be a believer sooner rather than later.

Back to wii.

• 2 weeks later...

I got mine yesterday. Amazing how in a single night, from 7:30PM to about 2:00 AM, I did the following:

-Played about 30 minutes of Wii sports with a friend (never thought I'd say this, but I love this game)

-Played 2 hours 30 minutes of Zelda, until I got out of the Twilight realm. Zelda is amazing, and I can't wait to get more time with it.

-Created 2 Mii's

-Setup the wi-fi connection, downloaded the 2 updates, no issues whatsoever.

-Redeemed a wii points card, and downloaded F-Zero and Mario 64.

-Played 3 tracks of F-Zero and collected 6 stars in Mario. The wavebird works flawlessly with both.

-Tried Wind Waker, which also works flawlessly.

-Played around with all options in the photo channel, including videos.

-Sent a message to my email, to add it in the address book

-Continued to play Wii sports until my eyes (not my arms) couldn't keep up

All in all, my experience has been great. The system works without a hitch, the motion controls are great (with the exception of Wii Boxing), and Zelda.... is just too great. Plus, I get to have the somewhat snobbish feeling that I'm one of about only 10 people at most that have the console in my country :p.

I'll be posting my Wii number soon. Is it the same number as the w*@wii.com you get in the message board?

I got my Wii near the end of November and I definitely enjoy it. I'm very close to finishing Zelda: Twilight Princess (It's taken over 50 hours, looonnng game and I love it) and the only problem I see is.. A lack of games.

Wii Sports is a great game but it's more of a party title, not something you have too much fun with alone. And now that Zelda is almost complete I have nothing else to play on my Wii. Yes there are other titles but nothing that screams out "Buy Me!". I'm really hoping some new titles come out that entice me similar to Zelda (obviously expecting titles as stellar as Zelda is way too much but.. At least something that can take up a good chunk of time).

And hopefully in the near future the online capabilities of the Wii can be utilized. The internet/weather/news channels hopefully will be activated, and we'll hopefully see some titles with online play soon as well. But anyway, it's definitely a great little system.

Oh btw.. Here's hoping Nintendo will enable upscaling to 720p in the future lol. Obviously games won't be rendering in 720p, but it will still make a big difference for those of us with HDTV's.

I'll be posting my Wii number soon. Is it the same number as the w*@wii.com you get in the message board?

what message board?