Setting up a printserver

Hello,

I have a HP Laserjet 4000 I want to share wirelessly for my laptop. I bought the netgear wireless printserver and I have a HP desktop computer I want to use as the "base" so to speak. MY internet connection comes through the cable modem, into the router, which goes to the desktop. The router is wired/wirelss (desktop is wired to it). The laptop runs Windows 2000 Pro, the desktop runs XP Home. For some reason the laptop wont detect the printer or print server. What am i doing wrong? I bought Xp Pro this morning for both machines, by installing it would the laptop detect the network? I also want to create a home network but again, the laptop doesnt see the desktop or printer.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Hunter

HP desktop computer I want to use as the "base" so to speak

That statement confused me, so I will disregard it.

First have the CD with drivers for your HP printer ready and ensure the wireless print server and printer are connected to the network. Obtain the print server's IP address, which you can get from the print server settings or the list of attached devices in your router's settings. Go to start > settings > printers and faxes > add printer wizard > click next > select "local printer attached to this computer", uncheck "automatically detect..." > select "create a new port" and select from the drop-down list "standard TCP/IP port > a new wizard will show up. Enter the printer IP address you got before for the IP address field and 9100 for the port name. Once the new port is added, make sure that the new TCP/IP port 9100 is selected in the original add printer wizard and continue with installation.