[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Arcade Thread

If Roboblitz was 10$, I would buy it without even thinking twice.

For some reason, that extra 5$ on the price tag just makes me really hesitant to buy it.

That about sums it up for me.

Still might get it, but I just cannot help but think if I hold onto those points they will be better spent further down the line.

Roboblitz isn't my kind of game, I downloaded the demo and I also must say that I was bored real fast.

Also, I like the idea of releasing those old games, but maybe a little more time should be spend to create a bit better graphics..

Also, some prices seem a bit steep for what the games are offering.

The fact that it is $15 doesn't bother me at all. I have been playing it pretty much exclusively in my last two days of gaming. I still have not finished. You can't think of it as just another arcade game, as there is much more to it than that. I just think of it as a $15 Xbox 360 game. That's a bargain to me :). Though, with the way it plays, I can see how it's not for everyone. I can have fun all day torturing the enemies with the point to point beam.

Heh, I ended up not needing to buy the game. I asked my other half if she minded me buying the game (I've been spending too much on gaming already), and she wanted to try it out herself before she would agree. She ended up playing for an hour or so and bought it for me. :D

It's been fun so far, but I'm having a hard time splitting up my playing time between so many games right now.

Assault Heroes is pretty good. It reminds me of this game that I played on the 3DO back in the day called Return Fire. Nice thing about that game was the classical tracks. It just went so well with the war and destruction. It'd be awesome to see that rereleased on Arcade. Though, back on topic, AH is pretty fun. I just plunked down my 800 points. I hope the game is decently long (still haven't gotten through Roboblitz).

Eh, AH says 1200 points on my screen? wth?

Something wrong definitely. It was also 800 points on my end???

Heh, I ended up not needing to buy the game. I asked my other half if she minded me buying the game (I've been spending too much on gaming already), and she wanted to try it out herself before she would agree. She ended up playing for an hour or so and bought it for me. :D

It's been fun so far, but I'm having a hard time splitting up my playing time between so many games right now.

yeah dnast, exactly my problem as well, only my other half doesn't ever buy me nothing...

at any rate, Assault Heroes was OK (and 800 points, i'll never pay more than that) but didn't have the old school arcade feel...if nothing else, the gfx were too polished.

this weekend i'm getting Geometry Wars and Time Pilot finally if the 360 doesn't die on me...any word on those?

Edited by neoadorable

yeah dnast, exactly my problem as well, only my other half doesn't ever buy me nothing...

at any rate, Assault Heroes was OK but didn't have the old school arcade feel...if nothing else, the gfx were too polished.

this weekend i'm getting Geometry Wars and Time Pilot finally if the 360 doesn't die on me...any word on those?

Geometry Wars is possibly the best XBLA still.

Time Pilot, do not waste the money, and I actually loved the original game way back when. It just does not stand the test of time very well. If you are looking for a classic old school game, I would say Defender.

but...but...man, quit dashboarding my hopes. i was looking forward to that this holiday weekend...as for Defender, well Larry that's a matter of taste, always thought the original was overrated.

if you're saying Time Pilot's like the original then that's good enough for me. i'm sure we all understand XBL Arcade titles (the oldies) aren't really supposed to stand the test of time, that's the driving essence of nostalgia.retro.

but...but...man, quit dashboarding my hopes. i was looking forward to that this holiday weekend...as for Defender, well Larry that's a matter of taste, always thought the original was overrated.

if you're saying Time Pilot's like the original then that's good enough for me. i'm sure we all understand XBL Arcade titles (the oldies) aren't really supposed to stand the test of time, that's the driving essence of nostalgia.retro.

Maybe it is the controller then, I don't know. I really just think Time Pilot is missing something integral to the old formula, and I truly loved the original, I really did. All I can say is the best thing about the XBLA titles is you can try it before you buy it, that is all I recommend doing for Time Pilot. I just have a funny feeling you will find a game you like better than it on XBLA, even if Defender is not that game.

Then again, I totally hear you about the nostalgia factor, that is why I love Defender. The deli I grew up living less than a block away from when I was really young had it for years, and I sucked at it then, dropped countless Quarters into it, and I still suck at it now. And I totally agree, Defender is a game that is without a doubt a matter of taste, I know plenty of people that hate it. I really just recommended it since I do like it, no real reason other than that. :laugh: ;)

So since I cannot argue with the retro and nostalgia aspect, if you are getting Time Pilot for the memories, by all means enjoy it. I just gave you my opinion on it since you asked "any word on those?"

larry, your word means a lot and it's exactly what i wanted. the whole dash my hopes thing was just lame cynicism.

i'll probably get Time Pilot anyway, but your comments on the controls were good. that's what killed Contra on XBL, that and being too hard and lacking consistent achievements. but look at Galaga. certainly a limited game by today's standards but still compelling and i can't tell it apart from the arcade.

a deli was probably a nicer place to play Defender...my first brush with it was at the mall and the atmosphere there was pretty scary for a seven-eight year old back then. maybe that's what put me off!

undead, i hope they're coming too. but get ready to pay up since those games are relatively new and can still fetch a price.

that's what killed Contra on XBL, that and being too hard and lacking consistent achievements.

Not sure, but I thought the complete opposite. On my first run, I beat it and got a handful of achievements, even getting the under 12 minute achievement :laugh: . So, indeed, I guess it's one's taste that determines the outcome in the end.

Not sure, but I thought the complete opposite. On my first run, I beat it and got a handful of achievements, even getting the under 12 minute achievement :laugh: . So, indeed, I guess it's one's taste that determines the outcome in the end.

no idea how you did that. i can't even get past the water stage. plus, every time i get to the first tunnerl unscathed...no achievement, despite what they say.

can we have screens of this Novadrome please?