[OFFICIAL] Xbox Live Arcade Thread

I have to say.. Novadrome is AWFUL. Visually it's bad, control wise it's bad, I'm actually shocked the guys behind Carmegeddon (sp?) made it.

Definitely do not waste 800 points on that mess without trying the trial. You'll regret it :p.

will give the demo a whirl if it's on.

Larry, i see your point regarding Time Pilot: materially it isn't the same game, the gfx etc. LOL i was on the floor when i first saw those nice digital clouds! don't think the 1982 arcade had those...

but the gameolay is just as good as the orig and you get lots of easy achieves! i like that.

as for Geometry Wars...well, need to get into it but this control scheme where firing is independent usually ticks me off bad.

Novadrome is absolutely horrible.

RoboBlitz (or whatever it's called) was decent, but not my kind of game.

I may get Assault Heroes, but I doubt it... pretty fun, but not as good as Small Arms IMO.

we need some new bar sports games. whats the point of having the category if you're only gonna put one game in it. something like darts, ping pong, foosball....will make me happy.

OK I got 1000 MS points left, I downloaded Small Arms, Mutant Storm, and a few other arcade dealies.

Which game has a decent amount of multiplayer people playing, I'm sure Assault Heroes does since its a fun little gem, but that's 1000 points if memory serves.

So anotherwords, which game would you unlock for 400 or 800 points? I wanna unlock at least one before I get those 3 free thingies from that deal. Small Arms seems pretty fun, and looks awesome as well, which surprised me. And Mutant Storm, that was fun as hell. So I'm torn right now, and of course there is still Geometry Wars and Street Fighter II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 etc etc etc.

Need decision making help here guys! But multiplayer is important, as I'm really into the mp portion of things as you may have noticed :D

OK I got 1000 MS points left, I downloaded Small Arms, Mutant Storm, and a few other arcade dealies.

Which game has a decent amount of multiplayer people playing, I'm sure Assault Heroes does since its a fun little gem, but that's 1000 points if memory serves.

So anotherwords, which game would you unlock for 400 or 800 points? I wanna unlock at least one before I get those 3 free thingies from that deal. Small Arms seems pretty fun, and looks awesome as well, which surprised me. And Mutant Storm, that was fun as hell. So I'm torn right now, and of course there is still Geometry Wars and Street Fighter II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 etc etc etc.

Need decision making help here guys! But multiplayer is important, as I'm really into the mp portion of things as you may have noticed :D

Get Geometry Wars. :)

As of now, Roboblitz is single player only. But to those who buy it now, the multiplayer addon that will be released for it will be free. Not sure if that also applies to those who buy it in the future. A lot of people don't like the game (most simply because it's 1200 points), but it's my favorite XBLA game so far.

As of now, Roboblitz is single player only. But to those who buy it now, the multiplayer addon that will be released for it will be free. Not sure if that also applies to those who buy it in the future. A lot of people don't like the game (most simply because it's 1200 points), but it's my favorite XBLA game so far.

I have Roboblitz on the PC, and I didn't care for it very much. For a small arcade diversion on the 360, sure it's probably worth it, but not on the PC. So that left a bad taste in my mouth, but don't get me wrong I'm sure plenty of people like the game and all...just not me so much :)

And I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go and grab Mutant Storm. I just love that trial, it plays like a calmer Geometry Wars...and that game gets so frantic I can't keep up after a couple of minutes :(

But GW is only 400 points, Mutant Storm is 800, I can't get both! Maybe I'll buy another 1200 point card when I go to Target this week and get them then :) (and Assault Heroes cuz I'll have enough extra left over!)

Is there anyway to restore or re-download Hexic HD (the arcade game that came on the HDD)? I accidentally deleted it and I have been receiving grief from my mother because she actually enjoyed it :p

SF II is good. People complain about the MP over Live but I've never had a problem - save for the jerks who disconnect right before they lose a match. But, even SF II offline is always great fun vs. cpu or a friend. I went ahead and got Pac-Man today. Don't know what prompted me to get it but I've been enjoying that too. Plus, it's a good way to get the fiance involved :)

Is there anyway to restore or re-download Hexic HD (the arcade game that came on the HDD)? I accidentally deleted it and I have been receiving grief from my mother because she actually enjoyed it :p

you won't like this, but you will have to call them up and ask them to give you a Redemption code to redownload it....It's a drag :/

I'd get SFII but I have it (and many other awesome 2d fighters) on Gametap, with multiplayer already :D

I don't know, I'm torn between Mutant Storm and Geometry Wars. GW I can forsee pulling my hair out over (in a good way) but Mutant Storm just "feels" fun.

Does anyone else have the full Mutant Storm, and can tell me how good the full game is compared to the 7 levels or so the trial gives you. I mean, are all the levels as fun and hectic, do the weapons look as cool and feel as good as they do in the trial? (are there even other weapons in the full compared to the trial?) You know, basic stuff I want to know before I use up my points.

Stupid microtransaction garbage! Maybe I'll go play Gridwars instead :D

Stupid microtransaction garbage! Maybe I'll go play Gridwars instead :D

Microtransactions mean that it's an add-on for a game, not a full fledged game. Gridwars is **** compared to Geometry Wars. And also, it's not MS fault that you like (or seem to like) a lot of these games being created.

Sounds like someone just likes to download PC games for free. :devil: :laugh:

Microtransactions mean that it's an add-on for a game, not a full fledged game. Gridwars is **** compared to Geometry Wars. And also, it's not MS fault that you like (or seem to like) a lot of these games being created.

Sounds like someone just likes to download PC games for free. :devil: :laugh:

I define microtransactions as anything more than the base game, but not expansions or "booster" packs. So anything you buy for whatever amount that isn't an expansion or small booster is a "micro" purchase :)

And I don't download or want my PC games for free, I do however enjoy downloading all the sweet mods and content for PC games for free :) It's to bad most games on consoles are not like this, save for Gears of War since Epic (PC company ftw) will release content for free :)

hey any tips for a budding geometry wars player? it's the most annoying, frustrating title i've encountered recently, and if it wasn't for the lure of more achievements and that catchy soundtrack, i'd have given up long ago.

being a lefty isn't helping...we have problems doing anything by hand (don't ask).

so...any help? i can't get my head around the controls (separate axis targeting sucks btw), and two minutes into each game it gets so busy i can't even make out the ship anymore!