Do You Still Use Windows 9x?

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jerichohol
Nope not anymore

WINXP, WIN2000 and Red Hat Linux 8 for moi.  :)

What do you use Red Hat Linux for? I don't know of any practical reasons for installing or having it.

wow this thread is back

i use it just for testing and experimenting and learing linux.

wildliquid

i have used windows xp from just after it came out... when i get some more cash 2gether i think im gonna buy an ibook

giantsnyy2002

I have XP on all my desktops, Mandrake 8.1 on my server, Win2k on my primary laptop (900MHz Duron, 256MB ram), and Win98 on my 2 older laptops (1 is 533Mhz, the other is 120Mhz w 24mb Ram)

+BudMan
What do you use Red Hat Linux for? I don't know of any practical reasons for installing or having it.

I just can not help myself - ARRRGGHHHH!!

Lets see what can I do with linux?? Oh yes that right - about everything, with little or no cost for the software. Can surf, chat / IM, email, calendar, office productivity (spreadsheets, documents, presentations), manage my Money (gnucash), databases, burn CD's, listen to Music, games, sync with my PDA, write my own code - compile it or any other program from source. Run a mulitude of servers (ftp, shell, web, chat, news), etc.. etc.. etc.. etc.. etc..

So what are your practical reasons for running anything besides linux?? ;)

aem4162

I don't use 9x, but my mom and sister both use 98se. I haven't upgraded them yet because they don't like things changed on their computers.

:D:D:D:D:D

anita

ramesees

My system is found below in my sig, but as that is at university I use windows 98SE at home when home for the holidays.

That system is old, slow, has dodgy hardware and 98 crashes at least twice a day, I hate it, and as xxxSxxx said

I don't use non-NT OS anymore.
SOOPAH256

well i don't use Win9x anymore...but i wish i still did.

everything was so fast and stable during win98.

darn me and my need for 'new things'! :laugh:

thollian

nope, use WinXP only!!

Ji@nBing

nope. xp for me. i really don't see why anyone would still use 9x unless they have an outdated system that can't run xp or 2000. or can't afford to upgrade

Xahid

Nah !

& Don't even like to see (9X)...

zhangm

I've got two computers. One is an aitiquated desktop from Gateway running Win98. The second is a laptop with WinXP Home. I'd say that XP is definitely the better one, as the old computer does manage to crash several times a day.

mint0

My sister was on 98 till about 3 weeks ago, but now we're all XP :D,

minty.

Hidr0

Well i installed Me on my lil brother Pc.. cuz he loves to play old games that doesnt run under xp anymore... besides, that the rest of tha network is Xp... faster, easy and stable... :happy:

eth3l

I dont use it at all. I hang on to the install disks tho.

I would use it if it had the visual pizzaz of XP. I liked to run under 98lite. I'd trim down the OS so much that my machine was fst as hell. i am sure that if I put it on my 1.2 ghz, 516 RAM system now, it would be on fire.

I am just to addicted to the .theme capability of XP

Daniel Oskarsson

Plain n simple answer: NO! :p

LUTZIFER

A big... "hell NO!", lol.

xxxSxxx

Who brought this back from the dead????? :blink:

JK1150
well i don't use Win9x anymore...but i wish i still did.

everything was so fast and stable during win98.

darn me and my need for 'new things'! :laugh:

In my experiences, Windows 20000 Pro is a lot faster than 9x (except on really old systems)

LUTZIFER
In my experiences, Windows 20000 Pro is a lot faster than 9x (except on really old systems)

Well I guess that would be faster, with a number like 20000 Pro, it must be good, lol.

Darran

On my realy old (late 1996) PC it runs 95. On the one i'm using (early 2001) I used to run 98se but now it uses XP.

munki

I haven't used it in 2 years, but I may need to dual boot it with win2k when I'm ready to study for my A+ exams later this year. :)

kjordan2001

My parents still use 98 because I tried to install 2k on it and no graphics driver support above 9x for it :o

I use XP though.