Best Buy Holding Wii's

Its like you buying something for yourself, and not wanting to give it to someone, but next week you might.

It actually isn't, because I'm not a retailer. People don't come to my house to buy goods, where I then lie to them about the availability of said goods so that they have to make multiple trips to buy something they're looking for, that I advertised.

It actually isn't, because I'm not a retailer. People don't come to my house to buy goods, where I then lie to them about the availability of said goods so that they have to make multiple trips to buy something they're looking for, that I advertised.

Just because they advertise it, doesn't mean they have to sell them all. Usually ads contain small print "While stocks last"

If their stock is only 50% of what they ordered into the store, then thats nothing you can complain about. They control their stock, not the public.

They are being held for Sundays ad and not Friday. I believe that the ad will advertise a minimum of 12 in each store which by federal law best buy must have on hand when the ad is published.

Some people are missing one of the points; retailers are under no obligation to sell anything unless they specify a quantity for sale. And then, once that quantity is gone, they are under no obligation to honour any offer so long as the quantity is specified.

This is why you see 'limited quanities' or 'minimum 10' or 'maximum 8' coupled with 'no rainchecks' or 'while supplies last'.

And if these quantities are not advertised, as with consoles, then they don't have to sell you squat.

OMG the worlds gonna end because i cant get my wii or ps3 RIGHT NOW!!!! if you guys really want one that bad just go on ebay or neobay, i'm sure someone will gladly sell you one without lying if they have it or not

:pacifier:

Joel: Do you seriously reckon you know more than Best Buy when it come to strategic selling and stock allocation? I'm not having a go, but your posts sort of suggest that BB are not doing what is good for themselves and your way would be better? They have well paid people making these decisions.

Edited by njlouch

Joel: Do you seriously reckon you know more than Best Buy when it come to strategic selling and stock allocation? I'm not having a go, but your posts sort of suggest that BB are not doing what is good for themselves and your way would be better? They have well paid people making these decisions.

What I'm really saying is that I would do it differently.

Just so you know; just because a Wal-Mart or a Best Buy does something doesn't make it the only way to do it. Some of the mega-corporations have some pretty set ways, and you don't rock the boat unless you want to be pushed out of the company.