38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like wood meat?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Moose or deer?

• Moose
    • Deer
    • Neither / Don't like wood meat

Do you like moose or deer meat better? Do you like wood meat at all?

I know this is a tech forum, but I'm still interested in knowing :p

EDIT: wood meat = wild game... if you aren't sure.

Edited by AresXP

I'm guessing "wood meat" means what I would call "game"? Meaning wild game? If so, I'd prefer an option of all of the above!

Next question: Are you taking these yourself or are you buying it from a butcher?

Yes, wild game. Sorry, my family speaks french and my hunting buddies are french as well so... Anyhow, it's illegal to sell game, so yeah. I hunt, lovely sport.

Awesome! What type of deer are in your area? Down here in Georgia we only get whitetail which is a very pretty animal but rather small compared to the mulie or a moose (obviously). Ever run across any wild boars?

No wild boars around here. Too cold lol... we got mulie and whitetail deer (except the deer population, is well, fairly remote). I don't hunt deer that much... moose is what it's all about! We got a buck this year that weighed in 870 pounds... that's a lot of meat :p

No wild boars around here. Too cold lol... we got mulie and whitetail deer (except the deer population, is well, fairly remote). I don't hunt deer that much... moose is what it's all about! We got a buck this year that weighed in 870 pounds... that's a lot of meat :p

Well, here are biggest game is the whitetail that will only get you 150lbs if you are really lucky. I'd love to try my luck with a moose. What is the manner that you hunt them? Tracking? Most deer hunting here entails sitting in a stand up a tree for hours on end, I can barely stand it. That's why I prefer bird hunting (water fowling specifically) over everything else - its just more active.

...we use the word buck as for a male animal of size :p so a deer buck would be a male deer (proper terms), and a buck would be a male moose. We use doe for female deer and cow for female moose... lol, terrible aren't we?

...we use the word buck as for a male animal of size :p so a deer buck would be a male deer (proper terms), and a buck would be a male moose. We use doe for female deer and cow for female moose... lol, terrible aren't we?

Actually that sounds perfectly normal to me...

Here, since we only have whitetails, a buck is a male whitetail and a doe is a female whitetail. Hogs are not even protected by hunting laws since most consider them a nuisance.