"Spoofing" MAC

I was using a program earlier called SMAC and it's supposed to spoof a MAC address. It worked for a couple of hours or so, but now when I try to use it, my internet won't connect. It updates the MAC, but the IP changes to 0.0.0.0. I've been doing it the same way the whole time..

Getting a random MAC address, updating it, then resetting my cable modem. No idea why it just stopped.

Any suggestions? Or maybe any other programs/methods I could try?

I'm stuck with a static ip. :cry:

Anyway, thanks.

you don't know what a wan is but you're spoofing your nic? how bout you revert back to your original mac address and if it still doesn't connect your isp didn't like what you did and you have to call them and explain what you were doing.

now why would you wanna spoof a mac address for legal reasons?

i used to to do it on my desktop for a while when i was living with my parents cus i upgraded my pc and my dad takes forever and a week to update his mac address filtering on his router :rolleyes:

and as stated earlier some isps ask you to register the mac address of your NIC, sometimes when you get a new computer its easier to spoof the old nic's mac address than try and get it updated with them.

so yeah theres legal uses for macspoofing.

oh and if your on windows try macmakeup 1.91d

Keep in mind that a cable modem, like your NIC, has it's own MAC.

The cable company uses the cable modems MAC to verify you are a subscriber and doesn't care about your NIC MAC.

There is no way to spoof a cable modem MAC AFAIK.