Flashget & Rapidshare

Flashget is working OK again now. Looks like RS had some trouble while updating their servers.

25. Nov. 2006

Today we have made many internal changes in the session management of the downloads to make the system ready for future enhancements. The most visible change is that we have removed the traffic limit completely. You can finally download without any limits now. Please take notice that account-sharing, i.e. to share your premium account with other people, is not allowed.

In case you use a download manager, you should know that changes happened here as well. Those changes only apply for you if you used to insert direct links (http://rapidshare.com/files/837261/635273483/file.zip) in your download manager instead of the normal RapidShare URL (http://rapidshare.com/files/837261/file.zip). There are no download sessions for premium users anymore. To successfully use a download manager of your choice, please follow these steps:

1. Start your download manager

2. Add one or more conventional RapidShare URLs in the download queue.

3. Enter your premium login and password in the given form of your download manager BEFORE you start the download.

4. Start your download

It is important to enter your premium details in the download manager before you start the download. Only this way your program knows about your premium membership and only this way it will tell our server about it as well so we can recognize you.

Attention: Please only use well-known download managers like GetRight or FlashGet. We got notice about the fact that some questionable "download managers" send your login and password to other people!

Another hint: In your premium zone in "Options" you can set up many important features of your account. For example the "mirror pre-selection" where you can set up your favourite mirror. Especially for users going online over the German Telekom we strongly recommend not to use the Cogent mirror. The Cogent-DTAG peer is completely full right now. Unfortunately this problem is out of our influence.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I did the following:

01. Open Flashget

02. Copy/Paste all the links

03. Fill in the premium login/pass & click OK

04. I only get the .html pages, but not the files :)

Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Greetzzz

EDIT:

nevermind, it works now... strangly enough :)

Greetzzz