I HATE amazon.co.uk

OMG! I just discovered this topic through google! I had the exact same problem! However, I remain a screwed customer to this day :angry: This is the letter I wrote to them after several ridiculous conversations with their appaling customer service (which seems to have moved to India, cheap %^$:@ :angry: ): http://www.kosvl.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Letter_to_Amazon.doc

Still nothing! They ignored me completely. Obviously, individual customers mean nothing to Amazon.

They said Zelda would arrive on launch day. IT WAS DISPATCHED AT 18:00, Friday 8th!!! :angry:

I am disgusted!

I emailed them at first, got no reply from there. but on the feedback section after coming off the phone from crappy amazon customer support I put a feedback not in saying that I was going to make a strong complaint and will take it further. about a day later I got an email saying that they were investingating, a few days later another saying they are continuing to investigate and finally one to say it was reinstated. you should always threaten to take the complaint as high as you go, taking a complaint to the low levels never get any attention.

did you get a wii in the end?

I'm pretty peeved off at amazon cos they didn't dispatch zelda, they game I wanted the system for till this morning :@ , so I won't recieve it till saturday (9th) at earliest!

also, welcome to neowin, trust me, this is one of the best tech communities around!!!

i hate amazon.co.uk because they don't seem to have the same DVD's as .com

.com is the US site, .co.uk is the UK site

.com = region 1 DVD's, .co.uk = Region 2 DVD's

... about a day later I got an email saying that they were investingating, ...

That's where it stopped for me, after the above letter. I didn't just threaten to take the case to BBC's Watchdog, I actually did it (they ignored me too, they thought I was alone in this I guess).

I wrote Amazon a letter yesterday, telling them I'll be returning Zelda for a refund and that I'm waving goodbye as a customer :)

Luckily, my parents managed to find one in Greece (there was one more in the shop, does anyone want it? :D ). I'll be slowly unwrapping the box tomorrow morning, when they visit me. I should be able to find Zelda in the shops easily enough. If only I could say the same about the component cables...

Thanks for the welcome. I've been reading Neowin ever since I discovered Newsnow and I'll continue to do so.

that means nothing when you hack your DVD players or got Region free software

Yes but the sites are for different countries so of course they'll be selling different things. You can't blame Amazon.co.uk for not selling the same things as the US site.

yes i can when even amazon sell Region free players

The DVDs released in different territories contain different features, different cuts, etc.

Don't make silly statements!

if you sell cars does that mean you gotta sell the fuel?

Analogy sense making not

The DVDs released in different territories contain different features, different cuts, etc.

Don't make silly statements!

I don?t rly know how reply to this because it makes no sense

yes i can when even amazon sell Region free players

Just because Amazon sell region free DVD players doesn't mean everyone who buys from Amazon has a region free player, so they sell by the region code.

cars = multiregion players, fuel = dvd's from other regions

still makes no sence it would if amazon only sold DVD players but they allso sell DVD's so i think you misses a point there

Just because Amazon sell region free DVD players doesn't mean everyone who buys from Amazon has a region free player, so they sell by the region code.

like i care what "other people" have im paying for them so its their loss plus its bad marketing selling DVD's with other region codes would give birth to a demand for region free DVD players and it sucks because .com dose not accept my maestro card

I love Amazon.co.uk.

:)

I do too.

I am one of their special customers, I spend ?100 per month minimum.

When I have a problem with their third party sellers, they listen to me and refund me very quickly.

I said to them, if they sold food the same quality as Marks & Spencer & Waitrose I would not leave the house.

They don't sell food:((

Long live amazon, the best retail and o.e.m. website I have found.

and that is?

Means if you don't have the money available in your account at dispatch you won't get the goods.